GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Seeing all the issues on Bimmerpost on the new X5, I am glad I ordered the GLE.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 07:34 PM

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
Seeing all the issues on Bimmerpost on the new X5, I am glad I ordered the GLE.

I have to say I am not a fan of dealing with too many issues but the new X5 looks like a major fail. Too many issues with software, glitches, and quality control. Its not very good. I havent heard of any issues on the GLE yet but than again I guess Mercedes is slowly rolling them out to make sure everything is done properly. In my past experience BMW always messes up on the new cars and have more issues whereas Audi or Mercedes have far less issues.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 105 Posts
2020 X7 xDrive40i, 2016 X3 sDrive28i
I test drove a couple GLE's 3 weeks ago, all had a bunch of issues. Power second row seats won't fold back up, Power seat switches falling out of the socket, rear hatch that won't close, lots of warning lights on the dash, not able to switch between drive modes (eco/sport/comfort etc), manual paddle shifters not working.

So early GLE's aren't without their own issues.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Originally Posted by Baloo588
I have to say I am not a fan of dealing with too many issues but the new X5 looks like a major fail. Too many issues with software, glitches, and quality control. Its not very good. I havent heard of any issues on the GLE yet but than again I guess Mercedes is slowly rolling them out to make sure everything is done properly. In my past experience BMW always messes up on the new cars and have more issues whereas Audi or Mercedes have far less issues.
Don't forget the wrinkly rear seats which are AWFUL, bmw have tried to convince customers they are meant to be that way. I narrowed my search down to X5 or GLE and their forum went a long way to my deciding on the GLE, one I test drove was faultless.