GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Gle Coupe Rear Camera Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 04:01 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
@shadowndust,

Thanks for clearing up this mystery. For me, it hasn't been a problem. I've never had any camera image delay when shifting into reverse, so it hasn't been an issue. I believe the reason the camera needs to calibrate itself is because it moves into place whenever activated, as opposed to a stationary camera.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
My reverse camera door started doing this again recently and I took mine in for this reason and some other things yesterday. I was told by the SA that this was normal and it is the camera "recalibrating" itself. I kind of laughed out loud, but was assured that this is normal and he told me some of the same figures that were in the memo. Still, this just seems odd.

Last edited by BACnMercedes; 08-21-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:07 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by BACnMercedes
My reverse camera door started doing this again recently and I took mine in for this reason and some other things yesterday. I was told by the SA that this was normal and it is the camera "recalibrating" itself. I kind of laughed out loud, but was assured that this is normal and he told me some of the same figures that were in the memo. Still, this just seems odd.
Does it work as intended when it's supposed to? If so, I wouldn't lose any sleep over this one. I can't say I've ever heard my camera door open while driving. But then again, I'm usually playing music, so I wouldn't hear it if it was opening. Maybe some vehicles need calibration more than others. Maybe this is happening to all of our cars and the majority of people just don't hear it. Follow the "Remedy" instructions in the memo. After you've calibrated the camera yourself, see if it still does it. If not, there's your answer.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:36 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Camera Image on COMAND Display

Has anyone experimented with the LCD "brightness" setting on the 360 degree camera display? I've noticed the default setting (middle of the scale) is way too dark. Maximum brightness actually looks normal, and greatly improves night vision. Try it and see what you think.
The following users liked this post:
F18BEN (12-13-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 09:06 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube
Has anyone experimented with the LCD "brightness" setting on the 360 degree camera display? I've noticed the default setting (middle of the scale) is way too dark. Maximum brightness actually looks normal, and greatly improves night vision. Try it and see what you think.
I haven't noticed that it's all that bad during the day, and I just figured that the night version was-what-it-was because of the lack of light.

I also didn't realize that you could change the setting...

Hummm...
Old 12-16-2018, 09:15 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by cadman_ks
I haven't noticed that it's all that bad during the day, and I just figured that the night version was-what-it-was because of the lack of light.

I also didn't realize that you could change the setting...

Hummm...
Neither did I, until I compared the two. It's not horrible. It's just not as good as it should be. It's like when you first discover you need glasses. You don't realize how bad your vision is, until it's corrected. You become accustomed to blurry vision and mentally adapt. Try adjusting this for yourself. You'll see what I mean. With the brightness increased, even the sky looks bluer. Whoever set the default exposure, obviously had no photographic experience.