GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My new GLE43!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 09:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
GLE Coupe 43 amg
My new GLE43! ** Pics added**

Dusty tyres!!

Calipers painted red.

Hey everyone! New to this forum. I just picked up my new Polar White GLE 43AMG today and I am loving it so far, but I have noticed a few issues:

The driver window doesn't automatically roll up (have to keep my finger on the button), whereas the rest of the windows are fine. Is there a setting for this?

My biggest concern is the gearbox. When I'm slowing down at a stop sign or signal, the gearbox is quite lumpy while downshifting!! Is this normal? Im coming from a BMW with a very smooth gearbox so this was quite shocking!

I will be tinting it soon and will post a few pics. Also have some mods in mind. Has anyone done any exterior mods?

Last edited by Ramos; 10-29-2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Pics
The following users liked this post:
drwolf (11-07-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 10:29 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Ramos
Hey everyone! New to this forum. I just picked up my new Polar White GLE 43AMG today and I am loving it so far, but I have noticed a few issues:

The driver window doesn't automatically roll up (have to keep my finger on the button), whereas the rest of the windows are fine. Is there a setting for this?

My biggest concern is the gearbox. When I'm slowing down at a stop sign or signal, the gearbox is quite lumpy while downshifting!! Is this normal? Im coming from a BMW with a very smooth gearbox so this was quite shocking!

I will be tinting it soon and will post a few pics. Also have some mods in mind. Has anyone done any exterior mods?
Good choice of color. I also have the Polar White. What color interior did you get? Which wheels?

With regards to the express up feature for the windows, the button has "two" stops. Make sure you're pulling it all the way.

From the manual -

To open fully: press the switch beyond the point of resistance and release it. Automatic operation is started

Which Dynamic Select mode are you in when you notice the rough downshifting......Comfort, Sport, Sport+, Individual or Slippery?

I've done some exterior mods. I have LLumar CTX tint (40%) on the front side windows. Tint laws are very strict here in NC. I got LLumar Platinum Paint Protection Film on the headlight lenses, front bumper, front fenders, full hood, "A" pillars, exterior mirrors, front edge of roof and top of rear bumper. I had Xpel Ultimate on my last car and I loved it. The LLumar Platinum is a new model with superior hydrophobic properties. Both have a 10-year warranty against yellowing, cracking, peeling, etc. The installation is guaranteed for life. I also installed mud flaps. Had to order them from China. MB doesn't make them for the Coupe, just the SUV. Here are some links for you.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...acy-glass.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...rotection.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle43-cou...mud-flaps.html

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 10-19-2017 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:15 AM

GLE Coupe 43 amg
Yeah I know that I need to fully lift the window button for it to roll up automatically but it isn't working for some reason.

I am only using Comfort mode as it's in break in period, only 200kms, and the strange downshifts have happened a couple of times. Has this happened with any one?

The interior is black leather. I'm trying to upload some pics but I can't seem to for some reason. I'll try again.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:07 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Yeah I know that I need to fully lift the window button for it to roll up automatically but it isn't working for some reason.

I am only using Comfort mode as it's in break in period, only 200kms, and the strange downshifts have happened a couple of times. Has this happened with any one?

The interior is black leather. I'm trying to upload some pics but I can't seem to for some reason. I'll try again.
No strange downshifts for me. Looks like you have two legitimate mechanical defects.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:15 AM

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 mercedes GLE 43 coupe

?
You just need to reset the automatic function.
it's either (can't remember which):

Continue to hold window button till get window down..but then KEEP HOLDING BUTTON DOWN FOR A FEW SECONDS.THIS WILL RESET IT

OR

PUT WINDOW DOWN,THEN CLOSE WINDOW.WHEN IT REACHES THE TOP,DON'T LET GO OF RAISED BUTTON. SWITCH FOR A FEW SECONDS.THIS WILL RESET IT.

It's one of the above.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:41 AM

GLE Coupe 43 amg
Thanks guys. I'll try that and get back to you
Old 10-20-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 GLE43 Coupe

I don't know that lumpy is defined as, but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary in any mode when downshifting. In fact, I have noticed that in Sport+ mode, the downshifts are incredibly crisp,and well defined, very much like shifting a manual car. In normal mode, all of that is "smoothed" out of the transmission, and you can't feel any down or up shift for the most part. With 9 gears, it's practically a CVT!

However, I have noticed when you take off, sometimes it feels like there is slop in the drive train that has to be taken up before the vehicle starts moving.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
GLE43 SUV
I have a 2018 and notice rough downshifting from 3rd to 2nd especially when coming to a stop. It doesn’t seem to happen all the time though, only occasionally. I have been thinking about taking it in, but I know it probably won’t happen when they drive it.

Last edited by Erik Lundh; 10-27-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:36 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Erik Lundh
I have a 2018 and notice roun up****ting from 3rd to second especially when coming to a stop. Been thinking about taking it in, but I know it probably won’t happen when they drive it.
Huh? What are you saying?
Old 10-24-2017, 03:31 PM

GLE Coupe 43 amg
Originally Posted by jester1
You just need to reset the automatic function.
it's either (can't remember which):

Continue to hold window button till get window down..but then KEEP HOLDING BUTTON DOWN FOR A FEW SECONDS.THIS WILL RESET IT

OR

PUT WINDOW DOWN,THEN CLOSE WINDOW.WHEN IT REACHES THE TOP,DON'T LET GO OF RAISED BUTTON. SWITCH FOR A FEW SECONDS.THIS WILL RESET IT.

It's one of the above.
It worked just as you said. Thanks buddy!
Old 10-27-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
GLE43 SUV
Originally Posted by GLE43_Sube
Huh? What are you saying?
Fixed above.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:44 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
When I'm slowing down at a stop sign or signal, the gearbox is quite lumpy while downshifting!! Is this normal?
Originally Posted by Erik Lundh
I have a 2018 and notice rough downshifting from 3rd to 2nd especially when coming to a stop. It doesn’t seem to happen all the time though, only occasionally.
Wait a minute. If that's what you guys are talking about, mine does that too. It's just a slight "bump" in the lower gears when coming to a stop or slowing almost to a stop. I thought it was sporadic, but now I can easily replicate it. How quickly you slow down determines whether or not it happens. If you slow very gradually, it's not present. Slow down abruptly, and it's happens regularly. I assumed it was normal. Just had a software update for the engine/trans per recall. It behaves exactly the same way, so I'm assuming it is normal. If you find out otherwise, please share the info here.

I only notice it in "Comfort" mode. I'll have to see if it happens in the other modes as well.

Last edited by GLE43_Sube; 10-27-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:15 AM

GLE Coupe 43 amg
@GLE43_Sube, yes that's exactly what's happening with me. I guess it's how it behaves. I'll let you know once I have it checked out.

Pics added after tinting, and painting the calipers.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 53 Coupe, 2024 GLE 450e SUV
Looks Great. Did you use special paint for the calipers? Is it easy to do yourself after you take the wheels off?
Old 10-29-2017, 12:20 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Pics added after tinting, and painting the calipers.
Nice Ride! Looks like my car's twin.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:10 AM

GLE Coupe 43 amg
Thanks guys!

I used high heat resistant paint. Had these done on several other cars with no peeling issues at all.

Next mods will be a CF rear spoiler and making the rear chrome strip black. Then the wheels.
The following users liked this post:
F18BEN (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 10:43 AM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Thanks guys!

I used high heat resistant paint. Had these done on several other cars with no peeling issues at all.

Next mods will be a CF rear spoiler and making the rear chrome strip black. Then the wheels.
You planning on doing any paint protection film?
Old 10-30-2017, 11:05 AM

GLE Coupe 43 amg
I won't be doing the protective film as I did it on my previous car and found it to be complete waste. The car looked dull. It was done at Protech Monte Carlo.

I already did the ceramic polish for the GLE
Old 10-30-2017, 02:11 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
I won't be doing the protective film as I did it on my previous car and found it to be complete waste. The car looked dull. It was done at Protech Monte Carlo. I already did the ceramic polish for the GLE
I hear ya. I have it on this car and had it on the last one. Never saw any difference whatsoever in the sheen. There are lots of different brands and grades and they all perform differently. I just hate accumulating paint chips on the bumper, hood, front fenders, etc. It's also good protection against bird droppings, tree sap and anything else that's detrimental to your car's finish. But, different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:16 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
@GLE43_Sube, yes that's exactly what's happening with me. I guess it's how it behaves. I'll let you know once I have it checked out.
Ramos,

What did you find out after having this "checked out"?
Old 11-30-2017, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE450 AMG
I won't be doing the protective film as I did it on my previous car and found it to be complete waste. The car looked dull. It was done at Protech Monte Carlo.

I already did the ceramic polish for the GLE
Hey, check out my thread im having the same issue as you with the gearbox, https://mbworld.org/forums/gle43-cou...ml#post7323978
Old 01-30-2018, 01:25 PM

AMG GLE43 Coupe
Wait a minute. If that's what you guys are talking about, mine does that too. It's just a slight "bump" in the lower gears when coming to a stop or slowing almost to a stop. I thought it was sporadic, but now I can easily replicate it. How quickly you slow down determines whether or not it happens. If you slow very gradually, it's not present. Slow down abruptly, and it's happens regularly. I assumed it was normal. Just had a software update for the engine/trans per recall. It behaves exactly the same way, so I'm assuming it is normal. If you find out otherwise, please share the info here. I only notice it in "Comfort" mode. I'll have to see if it happens in the other modes as well.
I was getting a slight bump while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear in "Comfort" mode only. Now, that seems to have disappeared. I tried to reproduce it, but couldn't. I'm thinking maybe the adaptive learning phase has completed. I only have about 3,200 miles on her. Due to medical issues, I haven't been able to drive much during the past year.
After a second lengthy test drive today, I've confirmed that this slight "bump" while downshifting from 3rd to 2nd is completely gone. So if you're experiencing this, it should disappear once you pass approximately 3,000 miles.

It should be noted that this is different than what YazAMG is experiencing at the thread below.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle43-cou...nt-recall.html
Old 11-20-2019, 07:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 gle 43
Gle 43 coupe

hello, 1st time post here..... just purchased this 2019 gle 43. Love it... going to pick up the weistec ecu tune with ceramic downpipes as a upgrade. Any suggestions to add a little more power?