GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Washer fluid for harsh winter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 08:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE43 coupe
Washer fluid for harsh winter

I need some suggestions about washer fluid for the winter. It'll reach -35C/-31 F in my area.

The user manual suggest using Mercedes' winter fit concentrate, diluted with water as washer fluid. Ehh, it seems too complicated for me.

Any experiences, recommended brands or solutions that won't clog the wipers of Magic vision control?
Old 11-20-2017, 11:05 PM

Received 131 Likes on 114 Posts
AMG GLE43 Coupe
Originally Posted by yyyrrrbbbok
I need some suggestions about washer fluid for the winter. It'll reach -35C/-31 F in my area.

The user manual suggest using Mercedes' winter fit concentrate, diluted with water as washer fluid. Ehh, it seems too complicated for me.

Any experiences, recommended brands or solutions that won't clog the wipers of Magic vision control?
Just check the temperature range of whatever washer fluid you're considering buying. You don't need any special washer fluid for Magic Vision. The manual is just pushing MB's overpriced cleaning fluid. Just stay away from any fluid with additives like "Rain-X" or bug cleaner. Rain-X has "drying" agents that will eventually cause rubber and plastics to crack. I have Magic Vision. Just plain old blue washer fluid from Wal-mart works fine. The entire wiper system is heated. This includes wipers, blades and washer lines.