GLE43 Coupe (C292) 2016 - Present (Includes GLE450 Coupe)
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

ECO Start/Stop Defeat Options

Old 11-13-2018, 04:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 GLE43 AMG Coupe, 2015 & 2014 E250, 2007 GL320 CDI
ECO Start/Stop Defeat Options

Just some info for my fellow GLE 43 owners on ECO Start/Stop defeat possibilities.

I installed and have been using for a while now Midcity Engineering's "ECO Off" product with great success in my GLE 43. In order for the product to function correctly for my requirements, Midcity needed to make an update to the product which they did for no charge and were super easy to work with.

Long story:
Basically, the "ECO Off" product in my 2014 E250 turns off the ECO button upon startup (about 5-10 seconds after start up) and the vehicle will never try to turn it back on during that key cycle. If I want to re-enable ECO Start/Stop, I can just press the ECO button and the system works as normal.
However, in the GLE 43 (and with most AMG products) if I change the vehicle mode (Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport +, Individual) to another setting then back to Slippery/Comfort/Individual it will turn back on ECO. Reason is that in Sport and Sport +, ECO is automatically disabled. For me, I not only wanted ECO off at start up, but also when switching modes, as I go from Sport + to Comfort at times and I wanted ECO off all the time. The fix was to reprogram the "ECO Off" unit to always switch the ECO function off if it ever turns on (green LED). And it works great! Now, if I ever want ECO to function, I still have a mechanical switch I can use to kill power to their circuit board and thus enables all ECO functions (great if I need to bring in for service too). After several months, works great and no side effects with the vehicle at all.

Below is the link and if you need the modification I described, just give them a call before you order.
They are very friendly and easy to work with.

Midcity ECO Off Link

BTW: I am a customer of Midcity and paid for my products. I was not paid to post this, rather appreciated their support and thought that others may have a similar need.
And yes, feel free to save money and just push the ECO button every time - to each to their own right.

Last edited by UnlikeAnyOther; 11-13-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Thanks for the post - however with regards to ECO (on/off) - the "better" solution is the OBD module/reprogram from Vladimir in Belarus...

The OBD module plugs in for reprogramming - when reprogrammed - the OBD module comes back out..... now the re-program is simple - if ECO is OFF when the car is turned off - when started back up - ECO stays off. If ECO is ON when MB is turned off - then ECO is OFF when MB is started back up... so control is your choice.

Message Vladimir your VIN# and he will message you back with other features he might have to add to your module.. some neat stuff..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-ca...-n9S:rk:7:pf:0
Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 GLE43 AMG Coupe, 2015 & 2014 E250, 2007 GL320 CDI
Hello fabbrisd1,

Thank you for posting an additional option. That's what makes the forums so great.

All the best.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 CL550, 2018 E400 Coupe, 2019 AMG GLE43 Coupe, 1968 C10 Restomod
Great info! Thx all!