GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

New GLE43Coupe Happy BUT issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE43COUPE
New GLE43Coupe Happy BUT issues

Hi everyone, newbies first post.

I have had had a brand new GLE43Coupe for 2 months and very happy with it overall except there is a serious problem.

When driving over 100km/hr there is a deep vibration coming from under the seats and the whole vehicle body shakes to an extent where the passenger seat is making flapping noise.

Took it back to MB and drove with a technician where he has acknowledged that there is something wrong. They tested out wheel alignment and balance and apparently other aspects as well YET NO ABNORMAL FINDINGS ALL WITHIN SPEC!

From dealership level they were not able to help to fix as it is a personal sensation. Contacted MB and they have explained that it is a series of characteristic that different model can have different vibration.

It is not a small vibration, it is a very deep vibration where the seats are making noise and can't watch entertainment screen as it shakes. I have had numerous cars cheap to high value yet non of them had such vibration issue that couldn't be fixed.

Did any other owner experience something similar with GLE43COUPE? MB believes that it is this particular model that has this issue which is NORMAL but just bigger vibration than other models.

I am not happy with the findings I would appreciate if anyone can help or suggest what to test other than the wheel balance.

thank you

Last edited by Daniel Lewis; 04-18-2017 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to GLE63 AMG forum...
Old 04-22-2017, 10:57 AM
GP8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE63s
I have the 63 coupe and no suchnissue although I haven't gone more than 120 km
Old 04-22-2017, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE43COUPE
Originally Posted by GP8
I have the 63 coupe and no suchnissue although I haven't gone more than 120 km
Thanks for your reply. I drove another GLE43COUPE and had no issue at all.. MB is saying it is minor difference (from their point of view) they cannot do anything.

Shaking vibration for whole vehicle but Not it even an attempt to look into it.

what to do from here...
Old 04-23-2017, 12:47 AM
GP8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE63s
I'm a little disappointed with MB to be honest.
This is my first MB and I got the 63s Coupe. For a car that I paid over AUD 200k for, the sales and after sales has been appalling.
I do feel for you and would seek a second opinion from another dealership. What country are you from? Can you approach the HQ?