GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

GLE AMG break-in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 03:58 AM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 6.3s AMG
GLE AMG break-in

Dear members, Last night I had my GLE AMG broken into, living in London it's something that all us car owners experience at some point.

What was unusual about this break in is that my vehicle was 100% locked, I even checked my car with my wife before that same evening - even pulling the door handal to make sure it did not open. When I came down this morning my wellington bag were on the ground having being opened, glove boxes open but nothing was taken from the vehicle. The only visible sign was that the boot has now ajar all other doors were closed but clearly now unlocked.

1. How did they manage to get into my car when it was 100% locked, no visible scratch marks and no sound of the alarm
2. Why did they take nothing (even left an expensive watch), were they spooked or looking for a spare key or were they try to start/steel my car
3. What can I do about this kind of break in, I called Mercedes and they offered no help: "we will need your car for a very long time to try and determine how they opened it" as if to deter me from coming in at all. Should I be looking at changing both sets of my keys, repogaming?

Thank you and watch out!
Old 06-16-2017, 04:58 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
22 (WIFE) & 23 G63,22 TOYO TUNDRA TRD,21 GT BS, 22 McLaren GT,23 DUCATI MULTI V4 PIKES PEAK, 23 S580
I'm sorry to hear about this, it sucks. The only thing that I can think off is either you didn't lock the car and think you did or they have one of those gadgets that can pick up the frequency from the key and once you walked away from the car they opened it. Those are the only two ways that I can come up with.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:31 AM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
GLE 6.3s AMG
I took my car to Mercedes and they confirmed that the key code had been cloned but they had been unsuccessful in cloning the code to start the vehicle. Mercedes also made a change in the key settings which was to only allow my two keys to start the car, this might sound obvious but in the key software their are many open slots for additional keys and this could allow someone to actually start the car.

What Mercedes also found very interesting was that a complete factory reset had been carried out on the vehicle. They've sent all the data to Mercedes Head office.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:54 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
22 (WIFE) & 23 G63,22 TOYO TUNDRA TRD,21 GT BS, 22 McLaren GT,23 DUCATI MULTI V4 PIKES PEAK, 23 S580
Originally Posted by YOYO898
I took my car to Mercedes and they confirmed that the key code had been cloned but they had been unsuccessful in cloning the code to start the vehicle. Mercedes also made a change in the key settings which was to only allow my two keys to start the car, this might sound obvious but in the key software their are many open slots for additional keys and this could allow someone to actually start the car.

What Mercedes also found very interesting was that a complete factory reset had been carried out on the vehicle. They've sent all the data to Mercedes Head office.
This is crazy

Let me know what Mercedes finds