GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

GLE43 AMG coupe camera distorted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 43 AMG Coupe
GLE43 AMG coupe camera distorted

Hi all,

I have a 2019 MB GLE43 Coupe AMG and I noticed whenever I try to park in a parking spot between two white lanes, the camera shows a distorted white line instead of a straight line. Took it to the dealer and was told the camera needed to be cleaned out. When I picked up the car, I noticed now instead of one line being shown in a distorted way, both lines show as distorted. Is that normal? When you try to park in a spot where there are two white lines marking the spot, shouldn't the lines show as straight lines when you are pulling in?

Thank you
Old 10-09-2021, 08:39 AM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 GLE43, 2013 Jeep Wrangler
My 2018 GLE 43's cameras show a near perfect picture of what's going on. I can line the car up between the line by looking at the image on the screen. When I get out and look I see exactly the same. When it's working it works very well. I can post an image here if you would like to see...
Old 10-09-2021, 12:15 PM

Received 201 Likes on 143 Posts
2021 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Sparkling
Hi all,

I have a 2019 MB GLE43 Coupe AMG and I noticed whenever I try to park in a parking spot between two white lanes, the camera shows a distorted white line instead of a straight line. Took it to the dealer and was told the camera needed to be cleaned out. When I picked up the car, I noticed now instead of one line being shown in a distorted way, both lines show as distorted. Is that normal? When you try to park in a spot where there are two white lines marking the spot, shouldn't the lines show as straight lines when you are pulling in?

Thank you
It should not look like this. Like @gle43FL said, it should be perfectly straight. This is a warranty issue, and assuming you’re still covered, I’d take it in.

Cheers,