GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

16' GLE63 Brake Options, Brembo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2021, 10:56 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 C63S.......2016 GLE 63.........2008 S63
16' GLE63 Brake Options, Brembo?

I want to upgrade my rotors in the front for a 2016 GLE 63 SUV (non-coupe). Here's a link if you're interested in looking at the rotors that I found on Brembo's website:

https://www.brembostoreusa.com/shop/#rotor-&-drum-singles

Does anyone have these installed and if so what are your opinions or any experience with these or any kind of info I can get as to what I can expect out of this would be helpful. (Mostly I'm looking for better braking power and when I go to an enclosed circuit where I can really take off in the truck legally and apply the brakes a few times they start to feel like the aren't working as well anymore)

Or if you have recommendations for a totally different type of brake rotor in the front I would love to hear about it.
Old 10-05-2021, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,003 Likes on 810 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Just look like standard rotors. Your best bet is a nice set of ceramic pads meant for the track.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:08 AM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
GL320 CDI
Originally Posted by Mustafoinc
Mostly I'm looking for better braking power and when I go to an enclosed circuit where I can really take off in the truck legally and apply the brakes a few times they start to feel like the aren't working as well anymore.

Or if you have recommendations for a totally different type of brake rotor in the front I would love to hear about it.
Assuming the hydraulic lines and brake calipers are currently functioning appropriately, you'd get more result from high temp fluid + track only pads. You won't see a noticeable difference with rotors only and normally you can't use a larger rotor than spec'd unless you get new calipers or new caliper brackets.