GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

New to me 2016 GLE C63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 10:19 PM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
New to me 2016 GLE C63s

Well its official, can now add another AMG to my list of Merc's we've own lol. Missed both my C63 and C63s and wanted that AMG sound and torque back, this 5.5l seems pretty stout I'm already wanting more! Its pretty big but doesn't feel as big as one would think being 5300lb. Having family/kids I like a big cars these days and its hard to go back to smaller suv's. At one point we had a Macan Turbo which was very fun but different than this. There are a few things I'm surprised with when it comes to quality, the door handles and over all door feel when closing feels cheap especially for a 120k car. But its really cheaper then that since is just the same doors/handles as the GLE standard model just with AMG goodies, but still surprised. My RS7 doors/handles and soft close doors seem higher quality.

Since it does have a good bit of miles (40K) fortunately it seems in nice shape over all and well maintained also still has a factory warranty for another year which we plan to use. Unfortunately I've already found 2 leaks one by the front of the motor by the top pulley and the lower trans, planning to bring her into Mercedes soon to have these check out, wondering if i'm the only one that has these leaks. Strangely enough what dealer we purchased from said its been tuned by Mercedes (what ever that means) and has a DVD mod in which you can play the DVD's while driving (doubt i'll ever do that). It does feel strong and sounds good but assuming its stock tune and exhaust no other mods done.

I'm already itching to lower the air suspension so I order lowering links. Done links before which worked well on our RS7, hopefully I can get similar results. This beast needs a drop for sure. Anyone hear do any mods to their GLE c63/s yet? This forum seems dead assuming there are not a lot of these GLE C63s coupes out there?
Old 04-10-2018, 01:47 AM

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts
GLE63S 2016
I have 2 GLE63S’S. LOVE them, and found that they perform beautifully. Heavy vehicles, though, so,go,through tires and brakes almost annually. Decided to drive them a bit more tame and got a new GTC Roadster To make up for it. I take delivery in August. Don’t know why you’d want to lower your vehicle....it lowers quite a lot in sport plus mode. I don’t like to. I key with AMG’s...their engineers optimize everything, and monkeying much can result in unintended compromises.....except, perhaps, a Renntech tune. Those are awesome and often are designed and installed by AMG engineers.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe, 2018 E63s
Originally Posted by brad65ford
Well its official, can now add another AMG to my list of Merc's we've own lol. Missed both my C63 and C63s and wanted that AMG sound and torque back, this 5.5l seems pretty stout I'm already wanting more! Its pretty big but doesn't feel as big as one would think being 5300lb. Having family/kids I like a big cars these days and its hard to go back to smaller suv's. At one point we had a Macan Turbo which was very fun but different than this. There are a few things I'm surprised with when it comes to quality, the door handles and over all door feel when closing feels cheap especially for a 120k car. But its really cheaper then that since is just the same doors/handles as the GLE standard model just with AMG goodies, but still surprised. My RS7 doors/handles and soft close doors seem higher quality.

Since it does have a good bit of miles (40K) fortunately it seems in nice shape over all and well maintained also still has a factory warranty for another year which we plan to use. Unfortunately I've already found 2 leaks one by the front of the motor by the top pulley and the lower trans, planning to bring her into Mercedes soon to have these check out, wondering if i'm the only one that has these leaks. Strangely enough what dealer we purchased from said its been tuned by Mercedes (what ever that means) and has a DVD mod in which you can play the DVD's while driving (doubt i'll ever do that). It does feel strong and sounds good but assuming its stock tune and exhaust no other mods done.

I'm already itching to lower the air suspension so I order lowering links. Done links before which worked well on our RS7, hopefully I can get similar results. This beast needs a drop for sure. Anyone hear do any mods to their GLE c63/s yet? This forum seems dead assuming there are not a lot of these GLE C63s coupes out there?
hey there, just got my GLE63S back from Eurocharged.
I’d definitelt do a tune to make it more responsive. I started hearing more pops while driving in sports plus.
Instead of getting an exhaust mod, I just did a cat delete, and now this beast shoots flames. And it snaps much louder
Old 04-17-2018, 09:16 PM

2020GLC63
Just did lowering links, man does it looks so much better. But you can tell the alignment/camber is horribly off and would kill the tires if I drive around this low. But it does drive more planned to the ground and a lot to shake/shimmy at high speeds are gone which I love not having. Double I'll be able to have it aligned with it being this low. For the time being I will drive it raise, funny now it being raise is almost as low as it was in the lowest height before which is impressive. Very pleased looks which is just over 2" drop.
Also ran some dragy times to for ****s and giggles. Best so far is 12.25 at 113mph. Best 0-60 was 4.25 Not bad imo for what it is, its surely one hell of a heavy *****. Itching to do a tune but going to the dealers to get two oil leaks cheap and over all check up prior doing any tuning/mods.

Last edited by brad65ford; 04-17-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:57 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
New to me 2016 GLE C63s

Just did lowering links, man does it looks so much better. But you can tell the alignment/camber is horribly off and would kill the tires if I drive around this low. But it does drive more planned to the ground and a lot to shake/shimmy at high speeds are gone which I love not having. Double I'll be able to have it aligned with it being this low. For the time being I will drive it raise, funny now it being raise is almost as low as it was in the lowest height before which is impressive. Very pleased looks which is just over 2" drop.
Also ran some dragy times to for ****s and giggles. Best so far is 12.25 at 113mph. Best 0-60 was 4.25 Not bad imo for what it is, its surely one hell of a heavy *****. Itching to do a tune but going to the dealers to get two oil leaks cheap and over all check up prior doing any tuning/mods.

There is no front Camber or Caster allowing to adjust tire contact angles OEM! Only Toe (directional) adjustment.

For the rear there is Camber and Toe but insufficient. We saw the need therefore to re-instate from the early 90's once again full, precise front (and extra rear adjustement) to cater for other then showroom height conditions. Day to day commuting encountering high cambered roads, altered height through load carrying or lowering, fitting wide profile tires / wheels, curb knock damage.

The unique K-MAC patented design kits at the same time replace the highest wearing suspension bushings (especially the front – inner rear bushings which are subject to premature failure and are expensive to replaces). Single wrench adjustable accurately under load (direct on alignment rack). Fixing it right the 1st time. No more ongoing trips to dealers / alignment shops or constantly changing tire brands!

W164 / X164 W166/ X166, W251, C292
Front Camber and Caster adjustment OEM height or up to 40mm (1 ½) low #504016 'M' $595
50mm + (2”) low #504016-1N $695
Rear Camber and Toe adjustment #504026K $480

Delivery $30 one kit (F/R $50)

Paypal, Visa or M/Card
Old 04-18-2018, 08:01 AM

2020GLC63
I'm follow you, any chance for photos or a link to this product?

Thanks,
Brad
Originally Posted by K-Mac
There is no front Camber or Caster allowing to adjust tire contact angles OEM! Only Toe (directional) adjustment.

For the rear there is Camber and Toe but insufficient. We saw the need therefore to re-instate from the early 90's once again full, precise front (and extra rear adjustement) to cater for other then showroom height conditions. Day to day commuting encountering high cambered roads, altered height through load carrying or lowering, fitting wide profile tires / wheels, curb knock damage.

The unique K-MAC patented design kits at the same time replace the highest wearing suspension bushings (especially the front – inner rear bushings which are subject to premature failure and are expensive to replaces). Single wrench adjustable accurately under load (direct on alignment rack). Fixing it right the 1st time. No more ongoing trips to dealers / alignment shops or constantly changing tire brands!

W164 / X164 W166/ X166, W251, C292
Front Camber and Caster adjustment OEM height or up to 40mm (1 ½) low #504016 'M' $595
50mm + (2”) low #504016-1N $695
Rear Camber and Toe adjustment #504026K $480

Delivery $30 one kit (F/R $50)

Paypal, Visa or M/Card
Old 04-19-2018, 02:15 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
I'm follow you, any chance for photos or a link to this product?

Thanks,
Brad
Have attached pictures of the Front and Rear kits.

504026 K

504016 M

504026 K

504016 M
Old 05-16-2018, 02:22 AM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Hi there!

I'm a fellow Audi owner and my daily driver is a '17 S7 so your car's little sister. I just joined the AMG club for the first time last night. Was checking out different family SUVs along with the wife and came home with '17 GLE63S. This example had 13.5K miles on it. I was nervous buying this much car used, and despite the warranty very much still being good through 2020 I had them make it CPO. This bumped the warranty to 2021 with unlimited miles , got some free service with Mercedes Financial current offer and got previous car's lease turn in fee reversed since it's within 30 days. This truck is out of this world. Closest thing from Audi is the SQ7 and they don't sell them state side. Hope you've been happy with yours!

Cheers!

Dunga

Old 05-17-2018, 09:22 AM

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts
GLE63S 2016
Very happy with mine! You bought a nice-looking SUV! You will love it. Try driving it with liberal use of the shift paddles. One thing that I was not prepared for, was the fact that the vehicle is over 5500lb. And it is a bona-fide race car.

This means that depending on how you drive it, you will go through brakes and tires almost annually. It's just the cost of ownership with these vehicles. My solution was elegant.....I bought a GTC for the summer! Driving with liberal use of the paddle downshifts, however, will save you brakes.

Enjoy it! I really like mine!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:24 AM

2020GLC63
It was a beast and totally awesome, unfortunately traded her in on a GLC 63s Coupe which i'm really liking as well. Enjoy!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:05 AM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Originally Posted by Subatomic Power
Very happy with mine! You bought a nice-looking SUV! You will love it. Try driving it with liberal use of the shift paddles. One thing that I was not prepared for, was the fact that the vehicle is over 5500lb. And it is a bona-fide race car.

This means that depending on how you drive it, you will go through brakes and tires almost annually. It's just the cost of ownership with these vehicles. My solution was elegant.....I bought a GTC for the summer! Driving with liberal use of the paddle downshifts, however, will save you brakes.

Enjoy it! I really like mine!
interesting. I will try the liberal downshifts to see if it’s something I can get used to. I’ve had paddle shifters on all my cars since 2011 and never use them. My corvette is a stick so I can probably get into the paddles quickish. Say what mode do you drive in usually? I’ve briefly only tried sport but felt comfort is best suited for our beat up minnesota roads. Do you switch the M button every time you get in?

It was a beast and totally awesome, unfortunately traded her in on a GLC 63s Coupe which i'm really liking as well. Enjoy!
Congrats on the new car! People are loving them from what I understand.