GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) 2015 - Present (Two generations)

My mom got the new GLE S coupe AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mom got the new GLE S coupe AMG

So I guess my dad bought my mom a GLE AMG. And it's not just a normal one, it's matte black and it has yellow accent details on it. And the interior is black w/ yellow stitching. I have no idea why my mom would be into driving a car like this, it looks too aggressive for a 60 yr old woman. It looks more like a hot wheels car than a normal Mercedes Benz. I looked on the Mercedes website and I don't see this exterior design on the front page. It's a matte black finish w/ yellow decals, so it has that race car mod look instead of just the normal Mercedes Benz look.

I haven't drove it yet, or taken a ride in it, not even sat in it. I think I will eventually, my dad kinda doesn't want me to drive it yet, even though I'm 30 and I'm not going to take drinking friends in it or try some crazy tricks.

But once I drive it, is this car really crazy to drive or is just normal? I'm not in a hurry to drive it, I don't really care that much since I'm 30 years old instead of 18 years old. But I admire the car, I didn't think my parents would consider buying a car that looks like it's made for the race track. They have no interest in fast cars and my mom is the naggy one who doesn't like me going too fast. I just wanna know more about it, can it do offroading or is this just a track SUV car? I probably won't take it offroading though, but I just wanna know if it could do it. Or what it is capable of.

My dad had the E55 AMG in the past, I drove that thing in high school and it did get me a few speeding tickets. Then my dad got a used G-wagon for 2-3 years before he sold it. I've taken that G-wagon on a dirt trail. And I def hopped some curbed planters with it.

So yeah, someone tell me more about this GLE AMG S coupe.

Last edited by JetFalcon; 08-21-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,052 Likes on 973 Posts
1999 E300TD
Hey is your Mom single!
Old 08-21-2018, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Plutoe
Hey is your Mom single!
No, but she's like 60 years old.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
"matte black and it has yellow accent details" - that's not a GLE63 S Coupe. Sounds like a GLC63 S Coupe Edition 1. Sorry JetFalcon but no off-roading capability for this one. Pssst - they not gonna let you drive it Bro. LOL

https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...-4matic-coupe/

Last edited by E55 KEV; 08-21-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:46 PM

Yeah, it's this one in the picture. Ya, GLC AMG coupe.

So if no offroading, is this car supposed to serve the idea of being a sports car, but with the room of an SUV? Maybe like the new Lamborghini SUV?

Because sports cars can be a pain in the *** to be in, especially exotics. I've sat in a Ford GT, and that thing is cramped and sardine sized. Lamborghini Huracan, I've rented one, it's a little more tame for an exotic but still has that submarine sized interior. So then I figured out sports cars look cool at the cost of no comfort / convenience. You can't be cool and comfy at the same time. So I guess that's where these sport coupe SUVs come in, to try fill that void of people who want a sports car, but don't want to be in a tiny interior.

Last edited by JetFalcon; 08-22-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE63S COUPE
Originally Posted by JetFalcon
Yeah, it's this one in the picture. Ya, GLC AMG coupe.

So if no offroading, is this car supposed to serve the idea of being a sports car, but with the room of an SUV? Maybe like the new Lamborghini SUV?

Because sports cars can be a pain in the *** to be in, especially exotics. I've sat in a Ford GT, and that thing is cramped and sardine sized. Lamborghini Huracan, I've rented one, it's a little more tame for an exotic but still has that submarine sized interior. So then I figured out sports cars look cool at the cost of no comfort / convenience. You can't be cool and comfy at the same time. So I guess that's where these sport coupe SUVs come in, to try fill that void of people who want a sports car, but don't want to be in a tiny interior.
i would say that these cars are competitors for cars such as the x4, Macan turbo, etc...but amg took it to the next level, its definitely not an offroader, but it could go on trails better than sedans, idk if that makes sense lol