MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle63s-gle63-gle53-amg-suv-coupe-w166-w167-213/)
-   -   Got him lowered today...pic (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle63s-gle63-gle53-amg-suv-coupe-w166-w167/734100-got-him-lowered-today-pic.html)

Nanook 01-26-2019 03:48 PM

Got him lowered today...pic

Finally had the chance to do a wash and install the lowering links...I opted for about an inch of drop and I think it's about right..

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4ee0dad602.jpg

AKnight55 01-26-2019 05:12 PM

Boss

Maverick1975 01-26-2019 11:10 PM

I would say that looks like just about perfect ride height.
nice work

16GT-S 01-27-2019 12:29 AM

Looks great!

E55 KEV 01-31-2019 05:56 PM

Nice. Does if lower more when selecting Sport+? What Lowering Links are you using?

Nanook 01-31-2019 06:12 PM

Yes...lowers slightly more...
http://adjustableairride.com/

Nanook 01-31-2019 06:13 PM

Installed PEdalbox today....have not driven yet as roads are wet and I just washed it..

Anotherone 02-02-2019 12:02 AM

Was the install pretty easy? I just picked up a new daily GLE63 Coupe as well, and was going to order Ghost Motorsport links. Do you need to do an alignment afterwards? Thank you.

Looks amazing in all black as well.

Nanook 02-02-2019 12:13 AM

Really easy...since I had completed on my ML63 I knew thr procedure...use lift to raise and turn wheel out to access link per front....use pliers..twist link carefully forcefully top then bottom and it will pull off pivot ball...press on new...rear you can slide under and access..I opted for 6mm longer rear and 6mm shorter front (than stock lengths)...
i never aligned the ML but I’m gonna do the GLE next week just cause I hate the factory setup being so aggressive it darts all over..

Nanook 02-02-2019 12:16 AM

Get a PedalBox...period

E55 KEV 02-03-2019 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nanook (Post 7670662)
Get a PedalBox...period

What is it? Where is it installed? Thanks.

Nanook 02-03-2019 12:47 PM

https://www.pedalbox.com/en/

Nanook 02-20-2019 08:00 AM

In addition I had the dealer do an alignment a few weeks ago...I requested they take all the negative camber out of the rear as such setting made the vehicle very dodgy on slippery surfaces doing a lot of darting and what felt like searching for traction in the rear...this adjustment made a noticeable positive difference...not completely gone is the slippery feeling but it's much better ( and there is no more adjustment left)
Lowering causes other issues that some can be addressed and others not...per the dealer as the vehicle uses information from the links to determine the chassis height the headlight alignment can be off after lowering...so this adjustment must be made for proper headlight performance...also the alignment device used at service uses a baseline height to calibrate the car and since this has been changed (after lowering) the standard alignment can no longer be performed....so the tech must "ad lib"
Regardless the resulting adjustment SO FAR seems acceptable as far as ride and control is concerned...time will tell if there is any detrimental tire wire and another note...I currently running on 21" winter Pirelli stock size big 295 rubber...the ride barely tolerable at 40 psi on these winter roads and will certainly be changed to either 19 or 20 inch wheels next year (vehicle came with this rubber,,,not my choice)
So lowering provides a more planted firmer (less suspension travel) feeling and possible performance and imprroved curb appeal (imo) but comes at a cost...nice part is it's easily reversible in 20 minutes to swap out links and a chassis/headlight re-alignment from service

K-Mac 02-20-2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nanook (Post 7686271)
In addition I had the dealer do an alignment a few weeks ago...I requested they take all the negative camber out of the rear as such setting made the vehicle very dodgy on slippery surfaces doing a lot of darting and what felt like searching for traction in the rear...this adjustment made a noticeable positive difference...not completely gone is the slippery feeling but it's much better ( and there is no more adjustment left)
Lowering causes other issues that some can be addressed and others not...per the dealer as the vehicle uses information from the links to determine the chassis height the headlight alignment can be off after lowering...so this adjustment must be made for proper headlight performance...also the alignment device used at service uses a baseline height to calibrate the car and since this has been changed (after lowering) the standard alignment can no longer be performed....so the tech must "ad lib"
Regardless the resulting adjustment SO FAR seems acceptable as far as ride and control is concerned...time will tell if there is any detrimental tire wire and another note...I currently running on 21" winter Pirelli stock size big 295 rubber...the ride barely tolerable at 40 psi on these winter roads and will certainly be changed to either 19 or 20 inch wheels next year (vehicle came with this rubber,,,not my choice)
So lowering provides a more planted firmer (less suspension travel) feeling and possible performance and imprroved curb appeal (imo) but comes at a cost...nice part is it's easily reversible in 20 minutes to swap out links and a chassis/headlight re-alignment from service

Re "no rear adjustment left". We saw the need and manufacture rear adjustment kit that doubles the existing adjustment range of both Camber and Toe.
(replacing the 4 rear highest wearing suspension bushings at the same time).

Is precise single wrench adjustable, accurately under load, direct on alignment rack. Comes with bush extraction tool P/N 504026 K $480

For the front suspension there is no OEM Camber or Caster - only Toe directional adjustment.

Similar front kit manufactured also replaces the 4 (expensive OEM) highest wearing bushings. Provision of front Camber and Caster allowing to adjust tire contact angles. Catering for conditions encountered in day to day commuting - high cambered roads, fitting wide profile tires, wheels, altered height through load carrying or lowering. With ongoing adjustment capability for curb knock damage.

This front kit also comes with bush extraction tool P/N 504016 M $595

Delivery worldwide $30 one kit $50 Front & Rear

PayPal, Visa or M/Card

E55 KEV 09-29-2019 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Andrea Tiofilo (Post 7866004)
Much easier to use Amazon lowering module as I know: just plug in it, choose suspension level, DONE! )

Amazon makes a Lowering Module?

byroll01 10-19-2019 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Andrea Tiofilo (Post 7869998)

$100 vs. $500. I've been considering both. I've used links on all my vehicles and while adjusting them to get the perfect height and level at each corner can sometimes be tedious, I'm feeling a little time in the garage would be worth the $400 savings. Also for me once I lower a vehicle I've never had a need to return it to stock until I'm selling or trading it in. So the "easily return to stock ride height" isn't a value added feature.

One thing to note is on my ML I did have a corrosion issue after a full winter (even with the rubber boots) and broke a ball off the factory plastic arm. So make sure you use a long lasting grease if you are going to be seeing salted roads.

byroll01 10-20-2019 10:45 AM

I get that. Luckily my dealer is super cool and overlooks pretty much all my mods.

byroll01 10-26-2019 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nanook (Post 7670660)

Really easy...since I had completed on my ML63 I knew thr procedure...use lift to raise and turn wheel out to access link per front....use pliers..twist link carefully forcefully top then bottom and it will pull off pivot ball...press on new...rear you can slide under and access..I opted for 6mm longer rear and 6mm shorter front (than stock lengths)...
i never aligned the ML but I’m gonna do the GLE next week just cause I hate the factory setup being so aggressive it darts all over..

I think you have the shorten and lengthen backwards... all the instructions I'm finding say longer front and shorted rear will lower it.

Nanook 10-26-2019 04:05 PM

Yup you're correct...lengthen front = lower...shorten rear = lower

Ron Blc 11-10-2019 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Andrea Tiofilo (Post 7882237)
The module doesn’t affect on warranty of a car if you return to factory settings before going to the dealer. It’s the most important advantage for me though it’s fast and easy for using.

Agreed

Motol 12-11-2019 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by E55 KEV (Post 7866146)
Amazon makes a Lowering Module?

would you b able to put it back to stock with a bottom or you have have to find back the heigh adjustment ?

Motol 12-11-2019 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Andrea Tiofilo (Post 7882237)
The module doesn’t affect on warranty of a car if you return to factory settings before going to the dealer. It’s the most important advantage for me though it’s fast and easy for using.

does the module affects the comfort of the car does it runs normal meaning like when landing in a whole exc exc ?

Brad Diaz 12-16-2019 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Motol (Post 7925134)
would you b able to put it back to stock with a bottom or you have have to find back the heigh adjustment ?

The Module comes with 3 base configurations:

- Factory (Factory level of your car when our module plugged in for the first time);
- Low (Factory minus 32 mm):
- Custom (by default same as Low, but can be changed by user, min -70mm from factory, max +40mm from factory).

Any time you can return back to factory height after plug in the module only!

Cesar Bureo 01-16-2020 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ron Blc (Post 7899148)
Agreed

100% AGREE!!!! I WILL ORDER MY MODULE THIS WEEK. I LL POST PICK OF MY BRAND NEW GLE43 COUPE.

BEST REGARDS!!

Kvn22 02-10-2020 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nanook (Post 7664848)
Finally had the chance to do a wash and install the lowering links...I opted for about an inch of drop and I think it's about right..

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4ee0dad602.jpg

How low did you go? And how much lower in a safe way can you go?

The lowering module rep told me that on this SUV you can only go 40mm safely so I'm trying to gauge the drop.

Thansk!