Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > GLE63 & GLE63 Coupe AMG
Audible (but kinda faint) clunk/knock sound when turning >

Audible (but kinda faint) clunk/knock sound when turning

Notices

Old 05-19-2019, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 W166 GLE63 S SUV

I posted this already in the regular W166 GLE section but decided to post it here as well to see if anyone else has experienced a similar thing. I noticed that the car had a slight (yet consistent) clunk/knock when turning the wheel at low speeds, and I'm not too sure what it is. It just started happening out of the blue. Does anyone have any idea as to what the potential cause would be? I want to get a few opinions here before I take the car in and have it checked out. The car is only 6 months old and has about 1600 miles on it. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2019, 05:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
W212 E63S, Range Rover LWB
Mine does this too. My 212 E63S did it too. My X5M did it too but BMW bought it back.

I never myself found an answer either. I did ask the SA many times, but they say its normal.

https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...light=Clicking
Old 05-21-2019, 10:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 W166 GLE63 S SUV
I got some replies from the W166 GLE forum (non-AMG), and a few members said that it was related to a possible bearing issue in the firewall. I also found a service bulletin after more googling last night where the W164 ML had the same issue (or at least what appears to be the same issue). Based on this, I'm gonna bring my car in and mention what I found and what others told me, and I'd recommend you do the same! From what the internet has told me, it doesn't sound normal at all.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
46.10_32g.pdf (329.2 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by IrAg166; 05-21-2019 at 10:06 AM.