MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLE63s, GLE63, GLE53 AMG SUV & Coupe (W166, W167) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle63s-gle63-gle53-amg-suv-coupe-w166-w167-213/)
-   -   DOG 2024 ORDER GUIDE AMG 53 and 63S (https://mbworld.org/forums/gle63s-gle63-gle53-amg-suv-coupe-w166-w167/861318-dog-2024-order-guide-amg-53-63s.html)

David Vargas 03-08-2023 01:52 PM

DOG 2024 ORDER GUIDE AMG 53 and 63S

1 Attachment(s)
Order guide for AMG GLE 53 and 63S.

GordonGEICO 03-08-2023 02:33 PM

Hmmm. Only see the Pinnacle trim outlined, and don't see ARC+ as an available option for GLE53 anymore. Also, don't see HUD as a standalone option (only shown in Pinnacle trim).

Hopefully that DOG is a work-in-progress and configurations similar to previous years can still be made. If ARC+ isn't available for GLE53 anymore, and can't get HUD without getting massaging seats, air balance, heated cupholders, etc. then I'm probably going to go a different direction.

Vyper340vb 03-08-2023 03:59 PM

No High-end 3D Burmester listed which should be standard on the 63S or included with the Exec pkg.

PandaSPUR 03-08-2023 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Vyper340vb (Post 8735443)
No High-end 3D Burmester listed which should be standard on the 63S or included with the Exec pkg.

Being standard would be nice but its never been standard.

From what I understand, its just not an option at all for any trim of the GLE now.

PNWKAJ 03-08-2023 10:05 PM

2024-gle-coupe-AMG-order-guide-en_us.pdf

1 Attachment(s)
Find attached US GLE COUPE Order guide. Cheers!

BenjaminKohl 03-09-2023 10:01 AM

I'm still hoping the missing ARC from the GLE53 is a mistake, as there are other small mistakes like listing power second row as available on GLE53 and not showing heated and cooled cupholders as an option on the GLE63, but I can definitely conform no more Burmester 3D, and that there trim levels are final and that on the GLE53, the HUD will only be as part of the pinnacle trim with all those other things. That's not changing. Also of note the GLE63 Coupe will now only come on 22 inch wheels

EDIT: heated and cooled cupholders are actually standard on the GLE63, but the changes that need to be made AFAIK are 1) making the U09 mx-tex door panels standard, 2) making power second row only on GLE63, 3) pricing updates to the steering wheels and 4) possibly add the new option 553 trailer manouvering assist. Aside from that, and the potential for the dynamic plus package to come back, I believe the options we see are final.

David Vargas 03-09-2023 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl (Post 8735918)
I'm still hoping the missing ARC from the GLE53 is a mistake, as there are other small mistakes like listing power second row as available on GLE53 and not showing heated and cooled cupholders as an option on the GLE63, but I can definitely conform no more Burmester 3D, and that there trim levels are final and that on the GLE53, the HUD will only be as part of the pinnacle trim with all those other things. That's not changing. Also of note the GLE63 Coupe will now only come on 22 inch wheels

i hope they fix it as it look incomplete. I’m sad about no more 3D Burmester.

BenjaminKohl 03-09-2023 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by David Vargas (Post 8735925)
i hope they fix it as it look incomplete. I’m sad about no more 3D Burmester.

It will continue to be updated as people notice errors, the DOGs always get a series of small updates. But they aren't going to change the pinnacle trim or make those options available as standalones, I'm almsot 100% confident about that.

Eaton 04-06-2023 11:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the latest ones.

GordonGEICO 04-06-2023 12:02 PM

Looks like ARC is available on the GLE 53... $2800 standalone option now. That plus the brakes ($2500) means the overall price is about the same as the previous package.

GordonGEICO 04-08-2023 07:54 PM

A walk-around of the facelift GLE 53:

W205C43PFL 04-13-2023 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by GordonGEICO (Post 8755975)
A walk-around of the facelift GLE 53:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nF18joIifI

So... It is faster?

Atlast 04-20-2023 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by PNWKAJ (Post 8735690)
Find attached US GLE COUPE Order guide. Cheers!

Does anyone know if in Canada the GLE53 has HUD as standard?

The Pinnacle trim has dashcam but no mention on HUD anywhere.

Thanks.

W205C43PFL 04-21-2023 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Atlast (Post 8763402)
Does anyone know if in Canada the GLE53 has HUD as standard?

The Pinnacle trim has dashcam but no mention on HUD anywhere.

Thanks.

I replied to the PM you sent me, please check : )

Eaton 04-27-2023 12:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Latest copies attached.

dmash 04-27-2023 02:50 PM

Coupé Info

Just an update for those wondering:

I’ve had a GLE53 Coupé ordered since last month at my dealer. I have a confirmed June23 build date, GLE53C’s aren’t starting until June for sure.

A few notes:
  • MSRP has very much increased due to the newly standard options, a Pinnacle base model starts now at $93.1k, and the cheapest 53C is now $89.8k. I am optioned out almost entirely, so my build is right at $109.5k.
  • a lot of stuff is delayed, mostly paint colors, but also annoyingly to me is the AMG fuel cap.
  • the red brake calipers which come on the 63 and could be obtained with the Dynamic Plus Package (not an option anymore) are for sure no longer available with 53. The best you can do, is what I did, and piece together Active Ride Control, silver high performance braking system and Track Pace as individual options.
  • 3D Burmeister seems to indeed no longer be an option, was personally a bit let down with this as well.

Hope this helps anybody interested, as I’ve been bugging my dealer almost weekly who has graciously messaged me as soon as he has updates haha. Attached my order sheet below (MSRP is still unavailable in order system, but it’s confirmed).

W205C43PFL 04-27-2023 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Eaton (Post 8767500)
Latest copies attached.

Thank you.

W205C43PFL 04-27-2023 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by dmash (Post 8767611)

I’ve had a GLE53 Coupé ordered since last month at my dealer. I have a confirmed June23 build date, GLE53C’s aren’t starting until June for sure.

A few notes:
  • MSRP has very much increased due to the newly standard options, a Pinnacle base model starts now at $93.1k, so a bare bones base 53C should be ~$89.8k. I am optioned out almost entirely, so my build is right at $109.5k.
  • a lot of stuff is delayed, mostly paint colors, but also annoyingly to me is the AMG fuel cap.
  • the red brake calipers which come on the 63 and could be obtained with the Dynamic Plus Package (not an option anymore) are for sure no longer available with 53. The best you can do, is what I did, and piece together Active Ride Control, silver high performance braking system and Track Pace as individual options.
  • 3D Burmeister seems to indeed no longer be an option, was personally a bit let down with this as well.

Hope this helps anybody interested, as I’ve been bugging my dealer almost weekly who has graciously messaged me as soon as he has updates haha. Attached my order sheet below (MSRP is still unavailable in order system, but it’s confirmed).

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...14e841766.jpeg

It actually saves MB money to have less options and/or variants, it simplifies the manufacturing process.

Raptor_AMG 04-28-2023 12:41 AM

A few notes:
  • MSRP has very much increased due to the newly standard options, a Pinnacle base model starts now at $93.1k, and the cheapest 53C is now $89.8k. I am optioned out almost entirely, so my build is right at $109.5k.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...14e841766.jpeg

If your information is correct then that price increase is ridiculous! 10k increase in price for a mild refresh is unbelievable. Do you know when they will actually announce these prices?

dmash 04-28-2023 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Raptor_AMG (Post 8767942)
If your information is correct then that price increase is ridiculous! 10k increase in price for a mild refresh is unbelievable. Do you know when they will actually announce these prices?

You should read more into what the refresh entails. There’s minimal cosmetic changes but newly standard features were close to $10k in options for previous model years. It’s essentially a wash, no real addition to MSRP.

GordonGEICO 04-28-2023 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by dmash (Post 8767947)
You should read more into what the refresh entails. There’s minimal cosmetic changes but newly standard features were close to $10k in options for previous model years. It’s essentially a wash, no real addition to MSRP.

$2990 - Nappa leather
$1250 - Exhaust
$350 - Aug Vid Nav
$1100 - Pano Roof
$450 - Vent Seats
$750 - Intelligent LED

Those are the newly standard options - they add up to $6890. The 2023 GLE 53 SUV base price is $76,950 and 2024 is $86,750. That's an increase of $9800 (or $8700 if the 2024 price includes destination) which means there is a year-over-year increase as well. And I wouldn't option vented seats or Nappa leather, but I know those options are pretty popular, so I can understand it.

However, the Pinnacle trim is +$3450 and groups lot of features with (for me) no value whatsoever. I don't care about air balance, massage seats, heated/cooled cupholders, or logo projectors. The only option in that package I want is the HUD, which is no longer available standalone.

So while you say it's a "wash," it's really only a wash if you were planning on ordering a fully-loaded vehicle. For others, it's a very significant price increase.

dmash 04-28-2023 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by GordonGEICO (Post 8768065)
$2990 - Nappa leather
$1250 - Exhaust
$350 - Aug Vid Nav
$1100 - Pano Roof
$450 - Vent Seats
$750 - Intelligent LED

So while you say it's a "wash," it's really only a wash if you were planning on ordering a fully-loaded vehicle. For others, it's a very significant price increase.

"Proving that its good looks are more than just skin deep, the suite of standard equipment is significantly expanded for 2024. In the case of the GLE 53 models, it already includes the electric panoramic sliding sunroof, heated front seats, Adaptive High beam Assist and Burmester® surround sound system. Among this models’ newly added standard features are the selectable AMG Performance exhaust system, MBUX Augmented Reality for Navigation, Memory Package, Parking Assistance Package, and leather upholstery, which is complimented with newly standard heated and ventilated front seats. The latest AMG Performance steering wheel, including the round AMG Drive Unit buttons comes standard, allowing important driving functions and modes to be controlled without the driver's hands leaving steering wheel."

I ordered the coupe, MSRP went from $81.2k > $89.8k, an $8.7k difference. Now standard is the following:

Nappa Leather-$2990
Ventilated Seats-$450
Augmented Video-$350
MBUX Assistant-$200
Performance Exahust-$1250
AMG Drive Unit-$400
Surround View-$500
Total-$6140

So a $2560 increase going into 2024, which equates to a 2.8% overall increase in MSRP for a fresh model year with new cosmetic changes. Yes, that's a wash and completely acceptable for any brand in my opinion, it wasn't even 3% after a notorious year for inflation among other goods. Not making excuses for MB, just being factual.

dmash 04-28-2023 11:19 AM

Well, retract my previous statement, I just changed my order to a 63 after getting the wife's approval. So my build date is now null as apparently my dealer doesn't have official allocations yet for 63.

Raptor_AMG 04-28-2023 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by GordonGEICO (Post 8768065)
$2990 - Nappa leather
$1250 - Exhaust
$350 - Aug Vid Nav
$1100 - Pano Roof
$450 - Vent Seats
$750 - Intelligent LED

Those are the newly standard options - they add up to $6890. The 2023 GLE 53 SUV base price is $76,950 and 2024 is $86,750. That's an increase of $9800 (or $8700 if the 2024 price includes destination) which means there is a year-over-year increase as well. And I wouldn't option vented seats or Nappa leather, but I know those options are pretty popular, so I can understand it.

However, the Pinnacle trim is +$3450 and groups lot of features with (for me) no value whatsoever. I don't care about air balance, massage seats, heated/cooled cupholders, or logo projectors. The only option in that package I want is the HUD, which is no longer available standalone.

I agree with you, I am in the same boat and would have picked HUD option alone as I don’t need rest of the added stuff in Pinnacle trim, this refresh does push up build cost by about 5k

SanGee.X 05-01-2023 12:55 PM

A few notes:

For the AMG Fuel Cap, not sure if they are changing this on the '24s, but I bought an OEM one off Ebay and installation on my 23 GLE53 was plug and play. Pretty sure it costed <$150 too.