Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 02:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
European Delivery

Hi there all,

I am thinking of the GLK vs. RDX....

However, when I inquired about European Delivery, the dealer stated they have not done one and does not recommend it. I called MB Canada, and the lady in CR could not assist either.
Has anyone taken delivery from Europe? Is there a cost savings? I do not plan to drive all over Europe. However, it would be cool to see the factory and then have it shipped here.

Otherwise, can anyone give they buying experience in BC as far as discounts go. This can be embarrassing at the dealer : (

thanks in advance,

mr. mbenz
Old 05-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future GLK350
Originally Posted by mr.mbenz
Hi there all,

I am thinking of the GLK vs. RDX....

However, when I inquired about European Delivery, the dealer stated they have not done one and does not recommend it. I called MB Canada, and the lady in CR could not assist either.
Has anyone taken delivery from Europe? Is there a cost savings? I do not plan to drive all over Europe. However, it would be cool to see the factory and then have it shipped here.

Otherwise, can anyone give they buying experience in BC as far as discounts go. This can be embarrassing at the dealer : (

thanks in advance,

mr. mbenz
In the USA, you get 7% discount and should be able to buy it at invoice.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:53 PM

GLK-350
in the us it 7% off plus you don't pay the $875 destination. I pick mine up in Germany on June 10th and got right at $4000 off MSRP
Old 05-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Future GLK350
Originally Posted by Manback
in the us it 7% off plus you don't pay the $875 destination. I pick mine up in Germany on June 10th and got right at $4000 off MSRP
Is there a link to this program?
Old 05-06-2009, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
They don't have those deals in Canada, so it maybe worth going if you want a semi-free trip out of it, esp. since tickets are dirt cheap to Europe. Dealers generally don't like you to take EU as they loose their profit on the car, so they'll come up with BS like this. Just see another dealer.

Hope you'll make the "right" choice with GLK vs. RDX.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 AM

Cool thanks guys

you guys are great!
I just went to the dealer today to inquire about the accessories for the GLK.
I am getting a little warmed up, but can't seem to find a "deal". I hate talking to sales guys as I know they want their commissions. However, they can do better on 2 or more sales than just attacking onto 1?
You're right, maybe I will need to find another dealer who would not mind European delivery. BTW...I emailed to a dealer in Surrey and no response returned.
Will keep you all posted. Luv this forum!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 PM

GLK 350
Keep on looking, of my experience I visited 4 dealers, before the 5th one gave me the price, and options that I wanted on my car. Best of luck
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 AM

GLK350 4matic, prem, navi, sport
Originally Posted by Baby G
Keep on looking, of my experience I visited 4 dealers, before the 5th one gave me the price, and options that I wanted on my car. Best of luck
Wow, there must be a lot of MB dealers in GTA! I wish I could do the same, but there only 2 dealers around (unless you want to travel few hundred kms).
Old 05-08-2009, 09:20 AM

GLK 350 4matic
^^About 11 dealers within 50km drive.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:00 AM

thanks again

you're right....
there are 5 dealers within Vancouver not including Victoria or Kelowna.
I guess I will need to "hit on" everyone of them. Problem is...this can be an embarrassing experience.
Are you able guys able to share your experience?
Canadians would be best as Americans already have 'better overall pricing' to begin with?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
I know many don't even bother going to the dealer. Email what you are looking for and price you are willing to pay, and see who wants to do business with you. Think about it, they can have a sale without spending any time or money on talking to you, taking you for test drive etc. So save your time going to 5 dealers, type up one good email and send it over to all dealers in your area and go from there.

I read about a guy who got 135 for under invoice when it came out. He did get some respnonses from dealers basically laughing at his offer, but one dealership was willing to sell the car he wanted at propsed price.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:04 PM

Wink

thanks NYCLK
I will take upon your suggestion. However, just to confirm, I will need to do the "test-drive" thing just I can peace my mind a bit.
I've already got some accessories lined-up. : )
Though would wait after June's production as it will have the option of KeyLess Go.
BTW...it seems no one in Canada has done European Delivery?
Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Oh I thought you've already test drive one. Def do the test drive. What are you driving now?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:07 AM

GLK 350
thanks NYCLK
I will take upon your suggestion. However, just to confirm, I will need to do the "test-drive" thing just I can peace my mind a bit.
I've already got some accessories lined-up. : )
Though would wait after June's production as it will have the option of KeyLess Go.
BTW...it seems no one in Canada has done European Delivery?
To be honest via email I contacted about 8 dealers, and then went to the 4. Trust me if they want your business you will hear back from them in couple of hours. Plus in the beginning everyone is like no no no, but to be frank I went in, took a test drive, I knew at the time maximum dealers were giving off was 1K, I asked for my discount price, and said if you can make it happen call me, i'll be over and sign the deal. i got the call in a day, with the offer acceptance, and went over to sign the papers.

Just keep in mind with the way the market is they want your business, and your the customer. Sometimes to get the price you want you just have to find the right dealer.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:06 PM

thanks babyG....
would it be okay to let me know of what price did you set at?
I noticed you ordered Keyless Go too. So I presume this will be for the June delivery?
Were you able to break down your cost of the add-ons or was it a "pkg deal"?
Old 05-09-2009, 09:25 PM

GLK 350
thanks babyG....
would it be okay to let me know of what price did you set at?
I noticed you ordered Keyless Go too. So I presume this will be for the June delivery?
Were you able to break down your cost of the add-ons or was it a "pkg deal"?
Send me a PM, and let me know what you are looking for... I'll answer it to my best of abilities...
Old 05-09-2009, 11:42 PM
CMS

08 S550, 06 SL500
If I order in June would I be able to do a European delivery in August?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:27 AM

GLK-350
Originally Posted by CMS
If I order in June would I be able to do a European delivery in August?
mbusa has the soonest poosible time avialable for pick up. first go under "only mercedes-benz, then pick european delivery, then build euro delivery vehilce. once you get to the part build trip it will tell you the soonest possible delivery. 1 month seems to quick. i believe that it is 60-90 days. I went in for mine in late January for a June pick up. I gave them $2000 down payment at that time, and they still havent cashed that check. I have gotten all of my paperwork signed and everything. Received my meal and hotel vouchers. I really can't wait, its going to be a drunken blast.