GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

PCMCIA works wonderfully

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GLK350 4matic Blk w/Beige Artico/Wlnt. PP,SP,MMI,C-Nav,Xenon,AlumBoards+20's,Tow Hitch,
[quote=andyf0;3628530].M3U playlists are the most basic of playlists and can be created by hand in a text editor. However, since WMP creates a WMP playlist automatically I used Google and found a converter to create a .M3U from the WMP playlist, there's alot of them out there.

So does that mean you got M3u play lists to be recognized thru the MM SD slot and now your Audio follows the playlist you gave it?

Also, since my last reply, I found my SanDisk 8-gig Micro SD card and USB reader ($37 at Futureshop) works in the glovebox throught the MB supplied USB wire works and even holds more than 1000 songs provided that you are less than 8 folders deep and less than 1000 songs per Dir. Based on this I do not plan to pursue the PCMCIA capacity any further. No need.

Anyone tried this with a 16gid SD (or 32gig SD if it exists) yet?

Last edited by B-alan-ce; 07-22-2009 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK350 4MATIC
I haven't used a PCMCIA card, I use a 32Gb USB key but there's no reason it wouldn't work according to the manual for COMAND. It scans for playlists in the background and creates seperate menu entries for them and yes they do follow the playlist or you can shuffle the playlist entries, just like the collection. You do have to read the manual to learn that when selecting the playlist to play you should hold down the top button for 2 secs for it to play the list depending upon your shuffle settings.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:49 AM

GLK
I am using a kodak 8gb sdhc card, and sometimes it skips. I don't know if it's related to the quality of the pcmcia card or the sd card that i got.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:19 PM

2009 c350 blk on blk
I purchased a pcmcia card with sd card slot and yes it works fine in my c350, however i have now burned all the music i have onto a dvd disk (converted music files from .wav to .mp3) and since i have the 6 cd changer i really do not need to use any other option like the hard drive or pcmcia slot. Dont forget each dvd disk will load up to 4.7 GB of music and in my view thats more than 1000 songs per disk.

So folks forget the pcmcia option just burn as much music onto dvd's and you should have just about all the music you will ever need without changing disks etc.

Another downside to the hard drive is it only allows you to download .wav music and not .mp3 on US vehicles. The Euro vehicles allows for .mp3 download.

Happy burning folks.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by hdoolabh
I purchased a pcmcia card with sd card slot and yes it works fine in my c350, however i have now burned all the music i have onto a dvd disk (converted music files from .wav to .mp3) and since i have the 6 cd changer i really do not need to use any other option like the hard drive or pcmcia slot. Dont forget each dvd disk will load up to 4.7 GB of music and in my view thats more than 1000 songs per disk.

So folks forget the pcmcia option just burn as much music onto dvd's and you should have just about all the music you will ever need without changing disks etc.

Another downside to the hard drive is it only allows you to download .wav music and not .mp3 on US vehicles. The Euro vehicles allows for .mp3 download.

Happy burning folks.

Too much work...SD cards come 16 and 32 gig, and it's much easier to drag folders over than burning 6 DVD's.

Plus DVD's will get damaged over time and you'll have to redo the whole thing.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:35 AM

my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Originally Posted by NYCGLK
Too much work...SD cards come 16 and 32 gig, and it's much easier to drag folders over than burning 6 DVD's.

Plus DVD's will get damaged over time and you'll have to redo the whole thing.
Excellent point. SD cards have no moving parts. I run from my Garmin into the AUX input. Particularly handy when I'm using the phone and directions.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:09 AM

GLK
I got the PCMCIA card plus a Micro-SD to regular SD adapter (since the crackberry uses Micro-SD). Works great.

But it is sort of a pain to have to pop the back off the crackberry to emove the Micro-SD, eject the PCMCIA adapter, and then pull the SD adapter out of that. All in all, it is a minor inconvenience.

Given how cheap 8 GB SD cards are, I might just buy another one and copy my music to that so I can just leave it in place.

But in general this is a great feature on the car.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:17 PM

GLK350
Playlists

Can someone post a snippet from the beginning of a .m3u file they use to play songs from their PCMCIA/SD card? How does this show up in COMAND? So if I switch to Media Card, and can see the list of folders (artists in my case), if the .m3u file is at the top level of the SD card, where do I see the playlist? Thanks.