MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLK-Class (X204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class-x204-94/)
-   -   No Keyless-go production? (https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class-x204/306637-no-keyless-go-production.html)

02glider 07-06-2009 04:29 PM

No Keyless-go production?

Just recieved this from MB on my GLK.:nix:

"I have been trying to find your VIN for a few days now and was contacted by my factory rep on why I couldnt find it. Mercedes has moved all productions dates back on GLK's with the keyless-go option. Apparently there is a shortage of parts from the producer of the option. Your new production date is August 3rd"

Baby G 07-06-2009 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by 02glider (Post 3608990)
Just recieved this from MB on my GLK.:nix:

"I have been trying to find your VIN for a few days now and was contacted by my factory rep on why I couldnt find it. Mercedes has moved all productions dates back on GLK's with the keyless-go option. Apparently there is a shortage of parts from the producer of the option. Your new production date is August 3rd"

Sorry to hear that bro, I just got my VIN regarding my production with the KEYLESS GO Option, truck is already on ship arriving July 14 in Halifax.

Hope everything works out.

02glider 07-07-2009 12:43 PM

My original build date was 6/30 now slid to 8/3. What was your build date? Mine is a US market vehicle and to be made in Germany.

Baby G 07-07-2009 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 02glider (Post 3610351)
My original build date was 6/30 now slid to 8/3. What was your build date? Mine is a US market vehicle and to be made in Germany.

Honestly I Didn't know my build date, I knew it was on the 3rd batch of June Production, so I'm guessing around June 20ish...

NYCGLK 07-07-2009 12:54 PM

For US, GLK batches go in monthly, at least that's what my dealer told me. So 8/3 very well can be the next batch after 6/30.

MilesBFree 07-14-2009 02:36 PM

Can anyone please let me know what the option code is for the Keyless Go? The dealer said you could not order it at all, so if I have the code it might make it easier to pursuade him.

Baby G 07-14-2009 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by MilesBFree (Post 3621860)
Can anyone please let me know what the option code is for the Keyless Go? The dealer said you could not order it at all, so if I have the code it might make it easier to pursuade him.

I believe the option code is: 889 - Keyless GO

02glider 07-14-2009 03:49 PM

This was another dealer lie.:crazy:

Found my GLK at shipping dock. Apparently it was made and held for a extea week for the Keyless-Go parts. :)

MilesBFree 07-14-2009 04:08 PM

Thx Baby G, I appreciate it.

Baby G 07-14-2009 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MilesBFree (Post 3622032)
Thx Baby G, I appreciate it.

No worries, best of luck and keep us posted if you need anything else.

ben-c 07-16-2009 09:04 PM

Just FYI, for GLK owners around the world, our cars are the only MB SUV, besides the G wagon, that is made in Germany. In "Factory Bremen" to be precise, built alongside SL's. I tagged along with the folks to take European delivery of an SL500 there several year ago:zoom:. However, I was actually lucky enough to go on a European delivery of a BMW as well, and the experience at BMW Welt in Munich is a far superior and simply awe inspiring experience. Our car was actually raised and dispalyed on a spinning pedestal when we arrived!
The ML's, GL's and even R classes are all built in US of A.

Anyways, MB's corporate literature has stated since very early on that, at least for North America, Keyless Go and the Aluminum roof rails that come with the Sport pack won't be available until after June production of this year.