GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK MSRP discount in Chicagoland area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 E92 328i, '10 E70 X5 (Wife's)
GLK MSRP discount in Chicagoland area?

First off, I want to say "Hi" to everyone as I'm a first time member here at this forum.

Anyway to start off, I recently got married and am thinking of a GLK as a 2nd car for my wife (I currently have a 3er coupe [from the 3-letter brand =] which is obviously impractical for both of us). Coming from LA, it seems the msrps in the Chicagoland are higher. Just want to get an idea from all the experienced owners here if the local dealers (.ie., Laurel, Loeber, MotorWerks) offered discounts, if any, on your purchase. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:51 PM

2017 GLC300 4Matic SUV
Welcome, I joined in Oct after purchasing a GLK in August. Lots of good info here but sometimes it is difficult to get your question answered when you post. Anyway, I picked up mine at the Orland Park Mercedes dealer on 159th street. They were pleasant to deal with and I can tell you I got mine for $40,500 with a sticker of $42,435. Not the best deal and I had to work for that! They gave me $6,500. for my other car so it was reasonable enough. I would suggest getting it fully loaded if possible and working a deal on the higher numbers they will give you more off. If you don't get it loaded my suggestions are to get the sports appearance package with the 20in wheels, it upgrades to the aluminum roof rails. The Command with hard drive navigation, Panorama sunroof, lighting package with BiXenon adaptive headlights. IMHO it really is a great car and head turner.

Last edited by gdepau; 11-16-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:30 PM

'07 E92 328i, '10 E70 X5 (Wife's)
Thanks for the extensive information gdepau; I know I definitely want the COMAND and lighting pkgs at the minimum! The Mrs. is still itching for the ML, but personally I prefer the sportier look of the GLK, plus the ML is a bit too large (for newlyweds) and it is a dated design (not sure when the new chassis will come out). Anywhoo, it seems the suburbs and Chicago dealers are pretty stiff with their prices. I was on the edmunds forums where quite a few individuals were able to get hefty (4-7k) discounts off msrp, which seems very rare here.

Last edited by kl07rph; 11-18-2009 at 05:34 PM.