R350
New owner and some questions about break-in

I am the proud new owner of a GLK350.

Specs
Artic White
All black MB-Tex interior
RWD
Ipod Integration
(Probably the least-optioned, cheapest GLK350 you can find)

Some folks on this forum seen to frown on cars with no option. Honestly, other than the Multi-Media Package, I absolutely do not miss any of the options. Plus, I rather put my money on more important things, like my 1-yr old.

However, thanks to everyone on this forum for all the helpful tips and pricing information. I read this forum and just about every thread for 2 months before I pulled the trigger.

Some questions:

1) The car has about 1.4K miles now, is it time for an oil change or anything? My wife drives a C class, and we just took it in when the car tells us to. But I thought it may be a good idea to survey what folks here are doing.

2) There is a rattle on the passenger side of the dash, occurs after the heat has been turned on and going over uneven surfaces. Do a lot of people here have this?

3) Does anyone know the sequence of buttons to press to re-program the remote to unlock only the driver's side door at the first click, then all the other doors on the second click?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
1. Waiting for car to tell me
2. Only when it's really cold out and car isn't warm yet
3. Check owners manual it's there in locking doors section
Old 01-18-2010, 07:48 AM

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 G63
the first oil change should be at 10k miles. you should also get a free tire rotation at 5k
Old 01-20-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 MB GLK
rattle in dash

Originally Posted by DukeBoy27
I am the proud new owner of a GLK350.

Specs
Artic White
All black MB-Tex interior
RWD
Ipod Integration
(Probably the least-optioned, cheapest GLK350 you can find)

Some folks on this forum seen to frown on cars with no option. Honestly, other than the Multi-Media Package, I absolutely do not miss any of the options. Plus, I rather put my money on more important things, like my 1-yr old.

However, thanks to everyone on this forum for all the helpful tips and pricing information. I read this forum and just about every thread for 2 months before I pulled the trigger.

Some questions:

1) The car has about 1.4K miles now, is it time for an oil change or anything? My wife drives a C class, and we just took it in when the car tells us to. But I thought it may be a good idea to survey what folks here are doing.

2) There is a rattle on the passenger side of the dash, occurs after the heat has been turned on and going over uneven surfaces. Do a lot of people here have this?

3) Does anyone know the sequence of buttons to press to re-program the remote to unlock only the driver's side door at the first click, then all the other doors on the second click?

The rattle I had was on drivers side (annoying! happens when car warms up). Took it in for the whole day (get courtesy car) and it has been resolves
Old 01-22-2010, 09:43 PM

R350
Originally Posted by BenHogan
The rattle I had was on drivers side (annoying! happens when car warms up). Took it in for the whole day (get courtesy car) and it has been resolves
Did they tell you what was rattling? And did they have to take the dash apart?
Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 PM

R350
Thanks for the responses everyone. I will just change oil when the car tells me to. The manual did have the answer on the door lock, all you have to do is press the lock and unlock buttons together for a few seconds and the setting will change.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:54 AM

2010 MB GLK
Originally Posted by DukeBoy27
Did they tell you what was rattling? And did they have to take the dash apart?
Yes, I believe they took the dash apart. they couldn't find the cause, They think it was the dash was slightly loose. They somehow "tightened" the dash. its all good now for the last 3 weeks.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM

GLK 350
i had this same dash problem. before i took it in, it would rattle regardless of heat on/off. they took the dash apart one day, didn't find anything but apparently just re-tightening everything fixed it.

a couple weeks later, i have it again (same noise, different pitch) but ONLY when the heat has been on for a while.

i've been lazy to take it in a second time... but if i hear it again, i'm going to because it drives me nuts!

strange to read 3 cars with same problem....
Old 01-25-2010, 06:30 AM

MB GLK300
is that rattle causes by the fix of luggage compartment cover which has a fixed position that some people are not aware of.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:31 PM

2010 MB GLK
Originally Posted by Belancer
is that rattle causes by the fix of luggage compartment cover which has a fixed position that some people are not aware of.

No, this is at the FRONT of the car near the dash, Luggage compartment is in the BACK of the car.

I have mistated the "rattle" noise, it was in fact more squeaking (high pitched annoying) than a rattle.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SOLD both: 1987 560SL 2003 ML320
I dearly LOVE Arctic White. I'm considering a GLK350W4 to compliment my old SL.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:00 AM

R350
Originally Posted by karburn
I dearly LOVE Arctic White. I'm considering a GLK350W4 to compliment my old SL.
I think Arctic white is a very good color for the GLK.

Nice SL!