MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLK-Class (X204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class-x204-94/)
-   -   Message to ALL Noobies (https://mbworld.org/forums/glk-class-x204/371012-message-all-noobies.html)

MBRedux 10-13-2010 10:12 AM

Message to ALL Noobies

Please.... please learn how to use this forum correctly. If you have a question about your GLK, especially one as common as *Snow Tires* or *Oil Changes* etc... please go to *Search this Forum* tool and *Search* for your topic before posting it here yet again... most likely it has already been posted and answered to death. :smash:

Thank you!

NYCGLK 10-13-2010 10:37 AM

+1, we need to sticky this

MBRedux 10-29-2010 03:01 PM

Some have asked me why should we when it's far easier to repost the question again?

Well, as I have said before, this is very simple.... Search engines do help us find information, agreed? So it only makes sense that we all, including yours truly, use the tools provided by the creators of this great forum site to find answers that may have already been discussed. On many other sites such as Nismo, Porsche, Audi etc., users (new and old) appear to be more disciplined in respecting those they seek answers from. Otherwise it becomes redundant, boring, and soon all that will be left will be noobies asking questions from other noobies. (Some will no doubt have the experience, but it's always best to have your comments and questions reviewed by as many as possible.) Unless there's a dedicated membership willing to work together, it will never be a fun place to visit and exchange information for long.

Therefore, at least respect those that were here way before you came on board to answer your questions. They most likely have seen and responded to your question already. If not, then by all means ask away!

So just try and use the *Search Forum* tool along the upper right side of the main page to see if your question or topic has already been answered. That's not too hard to do, is it?

Thanks! :)

MB_Owner 11-15-2010 02:11 AM

OTOH, post counts help drive advertising revenues so I wouldn't make a big deal of it unless the owners of "this great forum site" have a complaint.

Do they?

MBRedux 11-15-2010 07:17 AM

Well, they made this post a *STICKY* didn't they?

MB_Owner 11-15-2010 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by MBRedux (Post 4352322)
Well, they made this post a *STICKY* didn't they?

Nope, but some misguided mod did. ;-)

MBRedux 11-15-2010 08:22 AM

*Concurring* probably.... "Misguided", I don't think so.

MKenM 12-18-2011 10:02 PM

They just don't get it do they. :crazy:

AsianML 12-18-2011 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by MB_Owner (Post 4352202)
OTOH, post counts help drive advertising revenues so I wouldn't make a big deal of it unless the owners of "this great forum site" have a complaint.

Do they?

Not if the activity and traffic is coming from noobs asking questions that have been answered repeatedly. The forum benefits when we think forwardly and learn new things; not by repeating ourselves over and over again.

dcjwlee 12-16-2012 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 4967098)
Not if the activity and traffic is coming from noobs asking questions that have been answered repeatedly. The forum benefits when we think forwardly and learn new things; not by repeating ourselves over and over again.

Yes! From what little SEO I have learned, I know that having a site with solid content is far more conducive to repeat traffic and lengthy stays -- both of which drive things such as page rank!

Page views are not the only thing that drives ad revenue! What happens when the content becomes stale or people don't want to dig through 5 different threads from the same person about a single issue that has been beaten into the ground in 10 other threads!

I have spent some time doing what would be considered black top SEO and I can tell you right now, although ****ty content may temporarily boost a page's rank and enable a higher sell price for the domain or for links, the long-term consequences are pretty obvious. People don't return.

Originally Posted by MKenM (Post 4967045)
They just don't get it do they. :crazy:

They really don't.

quickclick 05-02-2013 06:08 PM

search by vehicle class

i have just traded my accord Coupe2008 for a 2010 GLK - and the MN nav is driving me nuts. A search for nav issues here gives me responses for all MB models and years - how to narrow it down for my model and maybe year?
Accord nav allowed for two different address books, allowed for capture of current position and custom naming it...even giving it a category or folder--- so I could create frequent destination and custom POIs -- how I wish I had that Honda nav system in my GLK350 instead of this overpriced and underfeatured MN.. oh, I also bought the CPO deal with a complete and total download of all software- took almost 3 hours. HELP me understand the GUIDE option in NAV ( reports no POIs yet search under nav destination does give me POIscategories... sorry to rant on- well I am a newbie afterall and hoped to get help instead of punishment:nix:

jk952 01-28-2017 04:09 PM

I realize I am new here, but a suggestion for whomever runs this forum:
Another forum, unrelated to MB, has general categories such as: Engine, Body, Electrical, Fuel, Suspension, Brakes etc. once set up - members post the question in the appropriate category, ( or administrator can move them if req'd) makes for good reading and easier to find things as searches usually are clumsy since are just word based.
Just a thought...

Srik78 06-15-2019 04:17 AM

In the recent scenarios, there are many internet marketing methods available and if you truly wish to get high quality results then I would suggest you to go with common yet very effective approach- Pay Per Click Advertising. Along with PPC, I also go with smm platforms and the results are satisfactory.