GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Is the Harmon Kardon upgrade worth it????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glk 350
Is the Harmon Kardon upgrade worth it????

Hi all,
I am in the market for a 2011 GLK, just wanted an opinion on the H/K sound system,would you get the upgrade or add your own amp and subwoofer? also any other options you would or would not recommend(keyless go,tow,nav). Thank's
Old 10-18-2010, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
I have the standard sound system and it works fine for me, but I'm not a bumper.

I would go for the Xenon light package if it is available (it wasn't when I was shopping and I didn't want to wait).

Keyless seems like alot of $$ for not much; as it is you just give the key a quick twist and let it go.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:01 PM

2010 Mercedes-Benz GLK
Hi! I have the upgraded sound system and I love it! I am a music lover and the system is awesome! Also, the keyless go is cool! I have that too. At first, I thought it would be okay. After having it, I cannot go without it. It is very convenient.

I also have the Command system. It is okay..... Other manufactures are way past them, but the voice commands are worth it. I would get it again if purchasing. Just me! The only other thing you will want is the media interface! Don't forget that!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 GLK Black, Premium 1, Lighting, Multimedia, Appearance and Media Pkg, 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
The HK for 2010 was part of a "package" this year it is a an "option". Do you like great music without the "THUMP" then you will like the HK system. I love mine with the HK wouldn't have it any other way. Can you add your own system for less than $810 list price and not take up any more room in the vehicle. Trunk space is at a premium in this vehicle.

When I got my vehicle they did no offer the keyless option. My wife has it on her car. I love that feature. No searching for keys, lock the vehicle by just touching the door handle. Especially in the winter with a heavy coat and gloves on it's a time save. If you live in the South or West may not be a biggie.

If you do any night driving the lighting package is a must especially the active curve illumination.

As you can see with the options I have listed on my vehicle Premium Package 1 with the Panoramic roof was a must for me, the balance of the package was a plus.

With the Multimedia package if you don't want Navigation which very expensive, there are better portable units when you need it. It is not worth the extra money. The same for Sirius because you can add it if you want it. But, on the other hand if you like that built in look there is no better way to go.

If you are not interested in Sirius but like the idea of Nav you might want to look at the Nav + 4 Universal Media Interface. It allows many choices for external music input for a lot less money.

Most everything else is for looks. I know you will enjoy whatever you choose.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:13 AM

2012 C350 Coupe Loaded
Just order the GLK with everything now! If your going to spend this much money anyway then get it with everything you are questioning.

I didn't get Keyless Go or Multimedia but I did get Comand, P1, Lighting. My car is still sweet, but I really wish I could travel back in time and tell the sales guy "Hey, I really do need the Keyless Go and the backup camera options".

I really regret not getting those two options.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350
I'm lucky - I have most of the options and love it all. Even the backup camera is vital and the parking distance sensors. When I drive our van I find it nasty to park as you swear you are inches away from the car, yet when you get out you've got 2 feet.

The Keyless Go option is sweet - yah, no fighting for keys, and no keys jingling while you drive. However I have left my keys in the van as I'm use to stopping the car and walking away.

In my opinion all the of the options are great expect for the satellite radio (I have an iPhone and stream music from) and the rear entertainment system.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM

GLK 350
I kept the factory system - it's awesome, and i love my music loud (mostly electronic - house/dance).
Old 10-23-2010, 08:34 PM

2010 GLK 350
The best 2 options for the GLK are keyless go and the stereo upgrade IMO
Old 10-25-2010, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
No... we have it and it's not worth it.