GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK lowered on H&R springs

Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes GLK350
GLK lowered on H&R springs

Hey guys/gals here is my truck. Thought I would throw up a few pictures since I haven't been able to find the time. A few mods, nothing major. Front side windows tinted 20%. Lowered on H&R springs, which brought the truck down aprox. 2" all the way around after it settled. Thats about it I just keep it clean. Thanks for looking, Enjoy

Also installed some Sylvania HID styled low beam and fog lamp bulbs. They look better in person but easy to install and much brighter over the stock phillips ones.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:43 PM

GLK350
Beautiful! I've been thinking of lowering mine as well.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:50 PM

2010 Mercedes GLK350
Originally Posted by MarkSCD
Beautiful! I've been thinking of lowering mine as well.

Thanks! Yeah it rides much better through the canyons but overall ride quality of course was sacraficed for the look. The truck was ultra smooth stock when I bought it new but I love the lowered look. I lowered it two weeks after I bought it so I am used to the rigidness of the suspension now. The only thing that really bothers me is if you go down or up a curb at too hard of an angle the traction control warning light comes on because the truck is so stiff it will raise a wheel off the ground so I just go slow and don't take angles too steep. I get allot of compliments on the ride hieght around town though.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Looks Nice! How's the ride feel, better, as in stiffer I hope? HR only makes the sport springs I believe, which lowers it but does not improve the sponginess. Hope I'm wrong.. looking to stiffen it up some... please let me know... thanks!

PS: Any noise, clanging or clumping sounds? Would the tires rub or hit if wheels were pushed out?

Where did you have it realigned? Dealer?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:45 AM

2010 Mercedes GLK350
Originally Posted by MBRedux
Looks Nice! How's the ride feel, better, as in stiffer I hope? HR only makes the sport springs I believe, which lowers it but does not improve the sponginess. Hope I'm wrong.. looking to stiffen it up some... please let me know... thanks!

PS: Any noise, clanging or clumping sounds? Would the tires rub or hit if wheels were pushed out?

Where did you have it realigned? Dealer?
Much firmer not spongy at all imo. No noise excpet when you hit a pot hole or speed bump to fast it bottoms out on the stoppers, no clanging sounds, no cumping sounds, the tires most likely wouldnt rub there is still clearance and they are a firm rate so unless the truck is loaded down heavy I think it would be okay. I had the springs and alignment done at a local tuning shop that does suspension work on lambo, audi, bmw so this was a walk in the park. A few hours and I was back on the road and sitting lower than ever it settled in almost 2" from factory. I love it and would do it again if I had another.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Originally Posted by Onthelo
Thanks! Yeah it rides much better through the canyons but overall ride quality of course was sacraficed for the look. The truck was ultra smooth stock when I bought it new but I love the lowered look. I lowered it two weeks after I bought it so I am used to the rigidness of the suspension now. The only thing that really bothers me is if you go down or up a curb at too hard of an angle the traction control warning light comes on because the truck is so stiff it will raise a wheel off the ground so I just go slow and don't take angles too steep. I get allot of compliments on the ride hieght around town though.
It does look good but ride quality matters, too, at least to me.

I drive just a bit too spiritedly to accept lifting a wheel in a tight turn...
Old 06-12-2012, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Much firmer not spongy at all imo. No noise excpet when you hit a pot hole or speed bump to fast it bottoms out on the stoppers, no clanging sounds, no cumping sounds, the tires most likely wouldnt rub there is still clearance and they are a firm rate so unless the truck is loaded down heavy I think it would be okay. I had the springs and alignment done at a local tuning shop that does suspension work on lambo, audi, bmw so this was a walk in the park. A few hours and I was back on the road and sitting lower than ever it settled in almost 2" from factory. I love it and would do it again if I had another.
Thanks!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 PM

2010 Mercedes GLK350
Originally Posted by rmfnla
It does look good but ride quality matters, too, at least to me.

I drive just a bit too spiritedly to accept lifting a wheel in a tight turn...
Don't think it would lift in a turn I hit the canyons pretty hard with it and it will squeal but I have yet to lift a tire it only does it on curbs becasue of how low it is.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2013 Infiniti G37 Coupe; 2011 GLK 350 w/ Premium 1, Multimedia & Sport Appearance; I LOVE IT!
Don't think it would lift in a turn I hit the canyons pretty hard with it and it will squeal but I have yet to lift a tire it only does it on curbs becasue of how low it is.
Oh, got it.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:22 PM

GLK 350
I know this is like.... 6 years later buuuuut where’s the photos go?! I just ordered some H&R springs and I wanna see what it’ll look like!!