GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

iPhone 5 works in 2014 GLK250!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250
Thumbs up iPhone 5 works in 2014 GLK250!!

I can finally verify that the iPhone 5 works in the 2014 GLK via the media interface with the Lightning to 30‑pin Adapter. the Audio quality is significantly better than over streaming Bluetooth audio and you have the added benefit of album art and playlist control from the MB head unit.
IMPORTANT: I've tried both the straight 30pin adapter and the adapter with the 6" cable. Only the straight adapter works reliably. The one that has the small 6 inch extension only worked sporadically, don't ask my why, it's just the way it is.

Also, I used to have a 2010 Glk and the iPhone contacts never worked. I can also verify that the 2014 model now recognizes the iPhone contacts. I don't know if previous year models had this issue sorted out.

I did notice a big change in the voice control. This NAV actually lets you state the street number, name and city all in one sentence. It used to be that you would have to answer each separate piece of information to the question in a 1 at a time.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fj cruiser 2014 GLK250
thats all good news. We pick ours up this tuesdaythen the long drive home...
Old 11-15-2013, 05:44 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
Originally Posted by AndreDoucette
Also, I used to have a 2010 Glk and the iPhone contacts never worked. I can also verify that the 2014 model now recognizes the iPhone contacts. I don't know if previous year models had this issue sorted out.
Does it read the contacts directly from the phone or does it transfer them to COMAND? Older models wouldn't do either one.

I did notice a big change in the voice control. This NAV actually lets you state the street number, name and city all in one sentence. It used to be that you would have to answer each separate piece of information to the question in a 1 at a time.
Finally! When I test drove the GLK, I noticed that the woman's voice was different. I was hoping that they had made some other improvements like easier input, so I'm happy to hear that they did.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:04 AM

2014 GLK250
Originally Posted by balticgreen
Does it read the contacts directly from the phone or does it transfer them to COMAND? Older models wouldn't do either one.
It reads directly from the connected iphone, So when I let my wife use the car she has the contacts from her phone. I haven't tried importing them

Finally! When I test drove the GLK, I noticed that the woman's voice was different. I was hoping that they had made some other improvements like easier input, so I'm happy to hear that they did.
Yes, i noticed that immediately. They got some other silky voiced woman to guide you. Felt like i was cheating on the previous NAV . Outside of the common speech input it does have many other positive tweaks some undocumented. When I picked it up from the dealer he showed me a great one. hit the voice input button, ask for "POI", then "current location" next ask for "gas station diesel" Voila!
Old 11-16-2013, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by AndreDoucette
Yes, i noticed that immediately. They got some other silky voiced woman to guide you. Felt like i was cheating on the previous NAV .
Haha! No, I am HAPPY to divorce the previous woman. She is crazy and her inflection irritates me.

"Turn left..................in Five Hundred FEEEET????"
Old 11-28-2013, 01:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fj cruiser 2014 GLK250

It does not transfer them to the comand system, will most likely still need to be done with the SD card...
Old 11-28-2013, 03:19 PM

My GLK is reading my contacts right from my iPhone 5S, which I greatly prefer over transferring them anyway.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:32 PM

2014 glk 250 bluetech
Hello everyone,
I had my GLK for 3 weeks now.Bluetooth works fine but If I try to Connect Internet after checking Teethering on the Phone, the command shows a message "DNS server failed,unable to connect"
I am located in Canada & have a Google Nexus Samsung phone with Rogers. Anyone else has been able to connect Internet to thier Phone Data ?