GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK250BT bumper protection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250 BT
GLK250BT bumper protection

I just picked up my new GLK250BT last weekend and I am getting really excited. Since I go and park at NYC area alot, I am just considering buying some bumper protection. I know that Bumper Bully or Bumper Badger are popular here in NY but I am just curious about others' solution on this topic. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Too Many To List

Parking Armor seems pretty cool, though it is very bulky looking.

Bumpshox is a smaller, subtler option.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:37 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
glk
Originally Posted by GLK250HK
I just picked up my new GLK250BT last weekend and I am getting really excited. Since I go and park at NYC area alot, I am just considering buying some bumper protection. I know that Bumper Bully or Bumper Badger are popular here in NY but I am just curious about others' solution on this topic. Thanks!
I noticed most of the damage is actually to the sides of the bumpers in NYC, the only thing is the 3M clearbra on the corners

a hitch step really help at the back if you installed the towing package.
I have the flexiframe, but I think in NYC the bumpshox might be a little thicker.

2 weeks ago I saw a guy in soho parallel park an SUV, he got in the space with ease, behind him was 'half a car length' (no kidding!) and he still decides to RAM with force the car behind him while backing up. He then drives away a minute later, probably scared he may have cracked the guys bumper...
Old 11-19-2013, 03:03 PM

GLK250 BT
Originally Posted by bugelrex
I noticed most of the damage is actually to the sides of the bumpers in NYC, the only thing is the 3M clearbra on the corners

a hitch step really help at the back if you installed the towing package.
I have the flexiframe, but I think in NYC the bumpshox might be a little thicker.

2 weeks ago I saw a guy in soho parallel park an SUV, he got in the space with ease, behind him was 'half a car length' (no kidding!) and he still decides to RAM with force the car behind him while backing up. He then drives away a minute later, probably scared he may have cracked the guys bumper...
Yeah it's pretty scary to see big car trying to squeeze in small spot in NYC. And you actually see it all the time.

not sure how the 3M will be like if you wax/clean your car tho?

Still seeking for solution.....wondering how you guys are doing in the City.

Bumpshox can only protect the front tho as the license plate for GLK is at higher position.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Too Many To List
There are different Clear Bra options, of which the higher ends are "self healing", so it wont leave any buff marks from waxing.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 GLK 350
I have XPEL Ultimate installed on my GLK. It really is some fantastic stuff, and looks a hell of a lot better than those above options.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:22 PM

GLK250 BT
Thanks, around how much did you pay for the XPEL Ultimate? Do you put it just over the bumper or entire car? Any pic that you can share? Appreciated!

Originally Posted by mbforlife86
I have XPEL Ultimate installed on my GLK. It really is some fantastic stuff, and looks a hell of a lot better than those above options.