Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 02:36 PM

Received 152 Likes on 132 Posts
2013 GLK350
you depress the sloped locking tab and simultaneously pull the connector out
Old 08-12-2018, 03:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
I guess that was my question. How does one press the sloped locking tab while pulling on the connector. I tried to push on the tab with a screwdriver while pulling with my fingers but couldn't managed to do it.
suggestions on a tool to use that might make it easier?
Old 06-12-2019, 12:25 PM

none
I still haven't gotten the seat heater connector released. Any suggestions? I want to replace the cover but I guess if I can't get the connector off I will just have to splice wires. Hoping someone here who's done it before has better suggestion.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 GLK350
Just an FYI.. Definitely use your VIN when ordering seat covers. I ordered seat covers for my 2013 GLK350 4matic based on all the OEM Mercedes parts web-sites. I used my VIN. Got the wrong seat cover. The online dealer looked up the VIN and the part was completely different and are replacing it. So don't just go by the year/model, use your VIN.
The following users liked this post:
andreigbs (07-31-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 05:20 PM

2013 GLK350
After I got the correct part, took me about 30 minutes to get the new cover installed thanks for the pics!
Old 08-05-2019, 10:55 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2003 C320
Originally Posted by mogulman
After I got the correct part, took me about 30 minutes to get the new cover installed thanks for the pics!
How about some pictures please?
Old 08-11-2019, 12:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Plutoe
Very labor intensive and without the factory docs(WIS) you will be back and many times!!

Get a labor quote from an upholstery shop and buy the wife a pizza!!

Not hard at all to do. Seat stays in the car, seat bottom pulls out by removing two torx screws as per photo and sliding the seat bottom out after unplugging the two plugs. Then turn the seat over on your work bench , I used the kitchen table, no tools needed although I used a flat screwdriver to release the clips holding the the cover on, slide the new cover on the seat bottom and slide the seat bottom back on the seat, reinstall the 2 small torx screws. Took me 1/2 hour and if I ever need to do another one I could cut that down in half. Dealer quoted me $1,350, I sought the OEM cover online for $240
LKA (08-18-2019)
Old 12-29-2019, 04:26 PM

2013 E350 4matic Wagon, 2002 E320S4 - E-class W210 Wagon 4-matic
Electrical connectors and seat cover removal/reinstallation video

Originally Posted by iewoals

How does one release the seat heater electrical connectors? I can't seem to disconnect the plugs for the heaters? I don't want to break them by accident.

i see the tabs on the top and assume there are tabs on he bottom as well. Just not sure how to disconnect it without breaking it.

thanks

I just completed replacing the driver's seat cover on my W212 2013 E350. I found useful info on this X204 forum. So, I'm sharing my findings.

I too found it impossible to release the seat heater electrical connectors. Looking at the Mercedes EPC, I discovered that Mercedes sells butt connectors specifically for this scenario. My local dealer didn't have the Mercedes butt connectors so I used generic ones.

Besides the connector issue, I found the following video to be extremely helpful. The video is not in English; I just muted the audio and watched the video carefully. Note that the video shows removal of the entire driver's seat from the vehicle which is not necessary. Just watch the relevant parts.

Old 01-07-2020, 01:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glk 350
Originally Posted by jroach
Plutoe, thanks for the warning but I'm not certain what your experience was...maybe we have different models or they changed the design at some time. For reference our is a 2011.

It was a relatively easy job. Here is what I learned:

1. If you are just doing the bottom seat you don't need to remove the entire seat. If I would have know this it would saved me from disconnecting the battery and about 20min in labor. There are two torx screws at the front (underneath) that when you remove those it allows the bottom cushion to come right out.

2. Once the seat is out, I started with releasing the back first then the sides/front.

3. Once you release the edges you will need to release the clips that hold the seams in place against the cushion. I did this by pushing down on the copper seam rod (not certain what its called) and then pushing away from the 'hooked plastic" then out. Hard to describe and the pics don't show it well but really straight forward. There are two white ones in the back and maybe 8 to 10 blue ones.

My new seat cover didn't come with the copper rods that ran front-to-back so I reused the ones in the old cover.

Reverse the order to install. The last few inches of the longer part of the edge required a little coaxing but overall an easy job.

Completed cover had a little wrinkle towards the back that went away by the time I mounted it in the car.

Total time to remove and replace the cover was about an hour. Hopefully with the above information this will save somebody 20 minutes or so.
what was the total cost?
Old 01-07-2020, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by Joy Morgan
what was the total cost?
cost of the cover...250-280 bux per cover. It comes with new heating element too, seemed to work a bit better.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
GLK 250
When shopping used GLKs we noticed quite a few had the same 2 inch abrasion in the driver's seat bottom, mid-rear, near the left thigh bolster. Wondering what might make this common?

(BTW all the cars we found were artico, not leather, which made it easier to accept the practicality of having vinyl seats.)
Old 02-08-2020, 02:57 PM

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts
GLC
Originally Posted by TorontoGLK
When shopping used GLKs we noticed quite a few had the same 2 inch abrasion in the driver's seat bottom, mid-rear, near the left thigh bolster. Wondering what might make this common?

(BTW all the cars we found were artico, not leather, which made it easier to accept the practicality of having vinyl seats.)
Perhaps keys/wallet in people's pockets erodes the surface in that area....
Old 02-09-2020, 07:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
GLK 250
Originally Posted by chillysyrup
Perhaps keys/wallet in people's pockets erodes the surface in that area....
Perhaps, but we saw three GLKs each with the same deep front-to-back scuff in the exact same location.
Was a little concerned about it being caused by a sensor, heater grid point, or something like that beneath the seat cover.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLK350
is this part number for the seat cover or does it actual replace foam cushion too?
Old 02-10-2020, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 217 Posts
GLK 250
It is only the seat cover and integrated heating element.

And it rips after some time because it's not genuine treated leather upholstery.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
GLK350
I ended up trying to touch up first before buying an entire seat cover for $200+ once it got more severe.

I used a product on called fortivo which is a vinyl upholstery adhesive and filler all in one for less than $20 bucks. It's not perfect but 90% there. I am sure I could have gotten a perfect blend if I spent more time on it. I then applied some 303 vinyl protectant to give it a matte protective coating. So far lasted 2 months of daily use without further spreading.

Review before and after pictures there:

Amazon Amazon
andreigbs (09-17-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB 2014 GLK 350
Are Driver and Front Passenger lower covers the same part number

Does anyone know if the driver and front passenger, lower seat covers are identical and have the same part number?

I can't find a part number for the front passenger seat cover without it being part of a complete assembly which drives the price up over $900

For my 2014 GLK 350 Base model, no leather, no heat, beige, the drivers lower seat cover is part number 204-910-79-46-64-8P26 and goes for $231.15

Last edited by Joel Reeves; 02-15-2020 at 04:57 PM. Reason: correction
Old 02-15-2020, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
Originally Posted by Joel Reeves
Does anyone know if the driver and front passenger, lower seat covers are identical and have the same part number?

I can't find a part number for the front passenger seat cover without it being part of a complete assembly which drives the price up over $900

For my 2014 GLK 350 Base model, no leather, no heat, beige, the drivers lower seat cover is part number 204-910-79-46-64-8P26 and goes for $231.15
https://www.mbpartscenter.com/oem-pa...49107946648p26

looks like it's the same p/n for left or right
Joel Reeves (02-16-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 12:22 PM

2010 GLK350
Thank you!

Plutoe, thanks for the warning but I'm not certain what your experience was...maybe we have different models or they changed the design at some time. For reference our is a 2011.

It was a relatively easy job. Here is what I learned:

1. If you are just doing the bottom seat you don't need to remove the entire seat. If I would have know this it would saved me from disconnecting the battery and about 20min in labor. There are two torx screws at the front (underneath) that when you remove those it allows the bottom cushion to come right out.

2. Once the seat is out, I started with releasing the back first then the sides/front.

3. Once you release the edges you will need to release the clips that hold the seams in place against the cushion. I did this by pushing down on the copper seam rod (not certain what its called) and then pushing away from the 'hooked plastic" then out. Hard to describe and the pics don't show it well but really straight forward. There are two white ones in the back and maybe 8 to 10 blue ones.

My new seat cover didn't come with the copper rods that ran front-to-back so I reused the ones in the old cover.

Reverse the order to install. The last few inches of the longer part of the edge required a little coaxing but overall an easy job.

Completed cover had a little wrinkle towards the back that went away by the time I mounted it in the car.

Total time to remove and replace the cover was about an hour. Hopefully with the above information this will save somebody 20 minutes or so.

Thank you so much for posting this jroach - I just did this for my girlfriend’s 2010 GLK350, bought a used bottom cover on eBay and it was a breeze to replace with your instructions. Really appreciate it!
Old 06-23-2020, 03:11 PM

2013 GLK350
Sorry to revive this thread but I've used the link that was mentioned in a couple of replies in this thread to look up the replacement cover for my car but even when I put in the VIN it comes up with options that have descriptions of the wrong color or material, etc. Can anyone point me towards the best place to get a verified correct part number for the cover I need? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:18 PM

2013 GLK350
Originally Posted by Strike///M
Sorry to revive this thread but I've used the link that was mentioned in a couple of replies in this thread to look up the replacement cover for my car but even when I put in the VIN it comes up with options that have descriptions of the wrong color or material, etc. Can anyone point me towards the best place to get a verified correct part number for the cover I need? Thanks in advance.
I would definitely email the place you are ordering from and give them your VIN and ask them for the correct part number. Any of the places that sell OEM Mercedes parts should work fine.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:20 PM

2013 GLK350
Originally Posted by mogulman
I would definitely email the place you are ordering from and give them your VIN and ask them for the correct part number. Any of the places that sell OEM Mercedes parts should work fine.
Thanks!
Old 06-23-2020, 08:01 PM

2010 GLK350
Originally Posted by Strike///M
Thanks!
I just recently did this, bought a used cover on eBay and it worked out great! Here's the screenshot of my eBay order for reference: https://imgur.com/7Sj5tgd

The manufacturer part number is listed as 6029979N and it is also on the sticker on the cover, but not sure if you can find a replacement based on that.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-15-2020, 07:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 GLK 350 RWD
Just finished this. Despite the cover I ordered stating that it doesn't support heated seats, it came with the heating element and cable. I snipped the cable off as to not have anything dangle or be loose. Relatively straight-forward, but getting the plastic perimeter of the cover around the frame was a bit of a challenge for someone who has never done any sort of upholstery work before. You really gotta trust that the fabric will not rip. When fitting the plastic perimeter of new cover, START AT THE FRONT OF THE SEAT. Then, work your way down the sides. the sides are open ended and have some room to move up or down the frame. The front of the seat does not; if you have too much permimeter when you come to the front, it won't fit and you'll have to unravel the work you just completed.
Old 03-28-2021, 04:30 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2009 C350
Does anybody have any personal experience with replacing the seat cover on the drivers seat? I'm about to order the bottom cover. I've replaced covers before without an issue on other cars but I'm concerned about any issues i.e.: triggering the air bag light, creating a fault that will then require me to take it to the dealer to reset or other parts that should be ordered at the same time.

I also plan to replace that center scroll knob. Decided against the repair as illustrated in another thread for a new knob so I could get in and out quickly.
I would love any input from those that have replaced this part as well.

Thanks in advance.
Great post. I'm looking for help on removing upper driver seat cover. I have a C350 so I presume it's the same procedure. Does anyone know of a DIY?

Last edited by Nicholi2007; 03-31-2021 at 01:56 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seat cover replacement