GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

What is included in a GLK250 towing package (2013)?

Old 03-16-2017, 03:18 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 GLK250, 2022 Tesla MYLR, 1997 Correct Craft Ski Nautique
What is included in a GLK250 towing package (2013)?

Quick question for everyone. How can you tell if you have the trailer towing package on the car since even with it, they don't come with the hitch? I'm pretty sure I don't have it. But I want to know if there is an auxiliary transmission cooler with the towing package or not. I've looked around and haven't found where the tranny lines go to the front for a cooler. I don't know if it is integrated into the radiator, and if there is an external or additional tranny cooler that is installed as part of the towing package. If I could find the tranny fluid lines, I'd love to put in an auxiliary cooler in (the bigger the better). Any suggestions? As I said, my GLK 250 doesn't work hard even when pulling the boat, and I rarely take it anywhere else where I'd be going up steep hills. But I'd rather put one in if there is easy access to the lines. Any suggestions on brands, etc. would also be appreciated.

Also, I am able to get engine oil temps through the ODBII connector, but not tranny temps. I'd like to make sure I'm keeping the tranny cool when pulling my trailer.

Thanks,