Notices
GLK-Class (X204) Discuss the upcoming GLK-Class. Models include GLK 350.

2011 Driver Seat Ripping at Seam

 
Old 01-15-2019, 12:17 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 - 2011 GLK
2011 Driver Seat Ripping at Seam

My driver seat is ripping It's also showing some wear on the leather itself.

anyone know the part number so I can order a new replacement cover? it's the part I sit on and it's tan.
-phoenix- is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 10:48 AM
  #2  
Member
 
Drew White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: NC
Posts: 170
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
W205 C300 Sport Iridium Silver RWD
Ive got the same issue and would love a part#
Drew White is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 07:31 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Walworth Co., WI
Posts: 281
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
2014 GLK 250
Originally Posted by -phoenix- View Post
My driver seat is ripping It's also showing some wear on the leather itself.

anyone know the part number so I can order a new replacement cover? it's the part I sit on and it's tan.
For the beige MB-Tex, here you go: 204-910-79-46-64-8P26 and you can find other colors (including leather) here, just find the right option for item #17.

Last edited by andreigbs; 02-04-2019 at 07:35 PM.
andreigbs is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by andreigbs:
-phoenix- (02-06-2019), ArtistDrive (02-08-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 01:54 AM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 - 2011 GLK
Thank you!

Didn't realize it was almost $600! Tires first, then this :-)
-phoenix- is offline  
Old 02-19-2019, 04:46 PM
  #5  
Member
 
autoworrks320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Toronto, N.J
Posts: 104
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 500e. 15 GLK 250
Originally Posted by -phoenix- View Post
My driver seat is ripping It's also showing some wear on the leather itself.

anyone know the part number so I can order a new replacement cover? it's the part I sit on and it's tan.

Mine is ripping to. Is this a warranty thing?
autoworrks320 is offline  
Old 02-22-2019, 04:27 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 168
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C63 AMG, 2010 GLK350
This is an extremely easy DIY. There's a post in thi ssite with step by step instructions. It should take less than an hour.

I didi it with OEM parts ordered from https://www.genuinemercedesparts.com...49107946648p26.
TPete19 is offline  
Old 06-12-2019, 12:23 PM
  #7  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 184
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
So anyone have suggestions on how to remove the seat heater connector when replacing the seat cover? I bought the seat cover but can't get the connector to release on the existing seat cover. I could splice wires but would rather see if anyone has suggestions on how to disconnect the wiring connector/harness first.




Thanks.
iewoals is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 09:48 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
formerjeepguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: South East US.
Posts: 316
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
2015 GLK350
Originally Posted by iewoals View Post
So anyone have suggestions on how to remove the seat heater connector when replacing the seat cover? I bought the seat cover but can't get the connector to release on the existing seat cover. I could splice wires but would rather see if anyone has suggestions on how to disconnect the wiring connector/harness first.
Thanks.
You have revived four old threads to ask the exact same question. Does this behaviour usually work for you? It's akin to standing next to four different people in a room and shouting the same question at everyone in the room.

I know the answer but decline to respond.
formerjeepguy is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:19 AM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 184
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
Smile

Originally Posted by formerjeepguy View Post
You have revived four old threads to ask the exact same question. Does this behaviour usually work for you? It's akin to standing next to four different people in a room and shouting the same question at everyone in the room.

I know the answer but decline to respond.

Hmmm.... I was asking because I did ask in the main thread previously but didn't really get any definitive help and I'm stuck with a new seat cover and an old one I can't get off still. Perhaps writing in 4 different threads was a little overboard, true. I just figured someone from one of the 4 threads might see and offer some help. I'm sorry if I offended your online etiquette. By the way it's great you know the answer but decline. That's a very helpful and adult/mature response.
iewoals is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 Driver Seat Ripping at Seam


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: