Notices
GLK-Class (X204) Discuss the upcoming GLK-Class. Models include GLK 350.

What goes here?

 
Old 04-21-2019, 07:25 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 118
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C320
What goes here?

2015 GLK 250
So we've removed the Dunlop Run Flats. The GLK drives so much better now. I'll be adding the compressor and sealant for an emergency puncture. We would only use the sealant to get off the road to safety as I'm aware of it's associated problems with usage. My question is what goes in all these compartments under the rear floorboard cover? I appreciate any feedback or pictures of your compartments.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails What goes here?-photo598.jpg   What goes here?-photo58.jpg  
srb1194 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 07:45 PM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 CLA 45, 2013 GLK 350
Originally Posted by srb1194 View Post
2015 GLK 250
So we've removed the Dunlop Run Flats. The GLK drives so much better now. I'll be adding the compressor and sealant for an emergency puncture. We would only use the sealant to get off the road to safety as I'm aware of it's associated problems with usage. My question is what goes in all these compartments under the rear floorboard cover? I appreciate any feedback or pictures of your compartments.

Thanks
The square area next to your jack is an air compressor to pump up tires. The top area underneath your trunk liner is for the Mercedes dog net. The little box on the right side is storage. I'm not sure what the big one in the middle is. I have a GLK 350.

Last edited by Van Ha Nguyen; 04-21-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Van Ha Nguyen is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 07:47 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 118
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C320
Thanks. Any idea what goes in the upper storage area to the right of the jack storage area?
srb1194 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 07:48 PM
  #4  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 CLA 45, 2013 GLK 350
Originally Posted by srb1194 View Post
Thanks. Any idea what goes in the upper storage area to the right of the jack storage area?
Sorry I edited my post above
Van Ha Nguyen is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 07:56 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 118
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C320
Understood. It really seems odd that it's molded as if it's specific for something. Nothing shows in the parts schematic.
srb1194 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 12:00 AM
  #6  
Super Member
 
JohnnyC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Los Angeles & Taipei
Posts: 804
Received 115 Likes on 101 Posts
2013 GLK350
it relates to the diesel system, being a GLK250 bluetec, there is addition equipment that a petrol doesn't have. you lose out on spare tyre storage.
JohnnyC is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:17 AM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 118
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C320
I'm just curious what the intended use is for storage. Seems to be specifically formed for something.
srb1194 is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 08:08 AM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Loen, Norway
Posts: 119
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2009 GLK 220 cdi
Originally Posted by srb1194 View Post
I'm just curious what the intended use is for storage. Seems to be specifically formed for something.
it's formed for vestfalia towing hitch...
Marek_Norway is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 08:55 AM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 118
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C320
Now there's the answer I was looking for. I'll have to google that beast to check it out. Thanks!
srb1194 is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 10:24 AM
  #10  
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
x204 13 glk250
There’s also a specific area for the sealant from MB in the cargo car part net.

- pull off the panel to the left on the side of the cargo compartment.
- iirc there are two little toggles you turn maybe a half turn.
- the netted storage area and its housing pull out and there are two tabs that go straight down into the floor
- inside youll find a formed section of styrafoam with a couple Velcro straps to hold a small canister.

Hope me this Helps!

ps I ditched my run flats also and love the car even more.
x204-glk250 is offline  
Old 05-12-2019, 11:17 AM
  #11  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 118
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 C320
Originally Posted by x204-glk250
There’s also a specific area for the sealant from MB in the cargo car part net.

- pull off the panel to the left on the side of the cargo compartment.
- iirc there are two little toggles you turn maybe a half turn.
- the netted storage area and its housing pull out and there are two tabs that go straight down into the floor
- inside youll find a formed section of styrafoam with a couple Velcro straps to hold a small canister.

Hope me this Helps!

ps I ditched my run flats also and love the car even more.
Yes it does help and thanks for responding. It drives so much better without the Run Flats.

Thanks!
srb1194 is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What goes here?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: