GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK350 Parking Brake Story - I'm an Idiot

Old 05-02-2019, 09:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 GLK 350
Talking GLK350 Parking Brake Story - I'm an Idiot

First Mercedes and love the GLK350. Sometimes when I put the transmission into drive and began to move, I would get a message that the parking brake was set. I never set the parking brake and wondered out loud if the Mercedes had some kind of auto parking brake. It did not happen every time, so I was looking for a pattern - on a hill? Nope - nothing consistent. When I pulled the parking brake release, it didn't even pop, but the message went away. It was like it was not even set. I was baffled ... until ...

I am still trying to figure out the best way to climb into the vehicle (I am used to climbing down into a Corolla). Sometimes I step in, but other times I sit on the seat and turn into the car. A couple of days ago, I actually felt myself clip the parking brake pedal with my foot - barely moving it. When I turned the car on - sure enough, the parking brake was set.

I had wondered about this for a week and a half until this happened and was about to post it here as a problem. Turn out the problem was BTSWAS (Between the Steering Wheel and Seat).

- deneb
The following users liked this post:
andreigbs (05-02-2019)