Notices
GLK-Class (X204) Discuss the upcoming GLK-Class. Models include GLK 350.

Power Steering Pump Pulley Failing

Old 05-16-2019, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GLK 350
Power Steering Pump Pulley Failing

Hi

I have a 2012 GLK 350 and recently the serpentine belt and pulley system went. As a result belt shredded and took out my power steering pump pulley. I had the belt changed along with tensioner and pulleys, it came as a kit. I also bought a used power steering pump and put the new pulley on the old power steering pump as the old one was cracked and broken from the serpentine belt failure. After replacement everything seemed ok except when taking harder turns I got some feed back on the steering wheel almost like the pump was struggling to keep pressure. I found it was tough to take tight turns. Concerned I looked under the hood and the power steering pump pulley was cracked and broken again. Iím left wondering what is the route cause of this and how to fix it. The pump pulleys are not sold serperatly and itís very expensive to buy pumps.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
GLK 350 / Porsche 993
https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/141565...xoCBa8QAvD_BwE

250 bucks

How about used pump on ebay?