GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2010GLK350 4 MATIC 5160 DIAG CODE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 10:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 Glk350
2010GLK350 4 MATIC 5160 DIAG CODE

I'm getting a 5160 code, online it says it's park brake related, but my autel says

WC55 (Yaw rate sensor for lateral and longitudinal acceleration) has an electrical fault.

Any ideas?
Old 08-10-2024, 11:42 AM

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts
2011 GLK 350 4Matic
I recently researched this same issue, based on a failure that - in some other models, at least - could be due to a bad "yaw rate module". I was never able to definitively identify where it might live in a GLK though. I did read that it had been incorporated into the ABS module (the electrical part that screws onto your ABS pump / distribution block). FWIW, in other models, it lived in (IIRC) the rear floorboard, maybe under / near the seat?

Which is a long-winded way of saying "if you DO find out that there IS a yaw rate sensor in a GLK, please let us know". ;-)
Old 08-10-2024, 12:36 PM

2010 Glk350
Originally Posted by habbyguy
I recently researched this same issue, based on a failure that - in some other models, at least - could be due to a bad "yaw rate module". I was never able to definitively identify where it might live in a GLK though. I did read that it had been incorporated into the ABS module (the electrical part that screws onto your ABS pump / distribution block). FWIW, in other models, it lived in (IIRC) the rear floorboard, maybe under / near the seat?

Which is a long-winded way of saying "if you DO find out that there IS a yaw rate sensor in a GLK, please let us know". ;-)
yaw rate sensor lives under the drivers seat. Mine, lived in a puddle of water.. something else to deal with. Headed for Kenny upull, they have a c class there, hopefully the same sensor.
In front of the larthe"seam" ill callbit for lack of better words, is the lowest part so MUCH water there, foam is sogged. Behind the seam is the 2 studs where the sensor bolts on. It was wet there also. Not sure where the water is coming from, that will be a later day i guess. Hope this helps.

Old 08-11-2024, 01:34 PM

2010 Glk350
SUCCESS!!! All lights off. Cruise etc working perfectly. Still trying to figure out the water ingress.

Now a new problem... I have been searching but no luck finding anything. I will make a new thread.