GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

2010 Production Notice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK 350X :0
2010 Production Notice

I have received a copy of letter from the President & CEO of MB Canada... (please do not ask how)

it talks about the success of the GLK and how "it has left our competition scrambling".

'We have included the highly desired Sport Package ($800 value) as standard equipment, providing this vehicle with segment leading 20" alloy wheels and luxurious aluminum roof rails. In addition, we have the panoramic sunroof out of the premium package and have priced it separately at $1,500 facilitating the lower end of the market sales opportunities. The price of the Premium Package has been reduced by the same amount. These changes are effective as of October production.

The base MSRP for the mid-model year 2010 GLK 350 4MATIC has been set at $42,900

In the ordering systems, the mid-model year 2010 GLK will be designated as GLK350X. The equipment listing and the What's New for the GLK350X is now posted on the Intranet ( note: not Internet) and we have already converted all October production 'requests' in eVISTA from the GLK350 to the new GLK350X'

So there you have it folks. Basically, it is now a $300 increase with almost a $1500 or $2000 decrease if you are not interested in either the panaromic sunroof or navigation option. Nice to see the aluminum rails back, though.

P.S. I have been informed that any orders now are slated for October Production and the delay of getting a 'custom' vehicle is longer than 3 months...

Last edited by mr.mbenz; 08-15-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
I was just wondering how long it would take for them to let people drop the Pano roof from the P1 group. Same thing happened with the R class and as soon as the option to drop it became available, I didn't see one on the lot with it lol. Wow that would make the GLK even that much more of a better deal over its competition and over the C class for that matter. Hopefully these changes carry over to the states as well.