MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLS Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166-207/)
-   -   GLS will be delayed for couple months. (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166/617822-gls-will-delayed-couple-months.html)

nhl1011 03-05-2016 10:41 AM

GLS350d will be delayed for couple months.

I heard GLS350d will be delayed for couple months due to emission test certification. It applies to both US and Canada. By the way the email is from Benz Canada.
What a sad day...:nix::nix::nix:

Count Laszlo 03-05-2016 05:51 PM

Don't be sad, get a petrol. Did anyone read about Audi's Q7 V8 diesel? I'm hoping this pushes both Mercedes and Land Rover to offer a V8 diesel (here). The Q7 though from a design perspective is not very attractive.

tery 03-05-2016 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by nhl1011 (Post 6728772)
I heard GLS350d will be delayed for couple months due to emission test certification. It applies to both US and Canada. By the way the email is from Benz Canada.
What a sad day...:nix::nix::nix:

Where you got the emails from? Is it official ? Or just from dealer ?
I had the same email from my sales but he has no further information about it.

jerome8283 03-05-2016 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Count Laszlo (Post 6729037)
The Q7 though from a design perspective is not very attractive.

It looks like a station wagon with slightly more headroom.

Germancar1 03-05-2016 11:44 PM

The thread title is very misleading. The GLS diesel is delayed, not the overall launch of the GLS. You can think VW for this delay in the diesels as the feds look at everyone much harder now. MB has some explaining to do also, but they didn't use a cheat device. It is amazing how stupid the EPA is. Of course a diesel is going to run dirty upon start up. This is what Mercedes is dealing with now. It was in the news a few days ago on various sites.

M

nhl1011 03-06-2016 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by tery (Post 6729122)
Where you got the emails from? Is it official ? Or just from dealer ?
I had the same email from my sales but he has no further information about it.

Dealer forwarded the email he received from mercedez Canada.
I believe it's official

nhl1011 03-06-2016 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 6729217)
The thread title is very misleading. The GLS diesel is delayed, not the overall launch of the GLS. You can think VW for this delay in the diesels as the feds look at everyone much harder now. MB has some explaining to do also, but they didn't use a cheat device. It is amazing how stupid the EPA is. Of course a diesel is going to run dirty upon start up. This is what Mercedes is dealing with now. It was in the news a few days ago on various sites.

M

Title is edited now. Thanks for pointing it out.

tery 03-06-2016 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by nhl1011 (Post 6729298)
Title is edited now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Did the email mention how many months ? My dealer tellig me Mercedes is just wait to see everything is okay no major delay.

nhl1011 03-06-2016 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by tery (Post 6729338)
Did the email mention how many months ? My dealer tellig me Mercedes is just wait to see everything is okay no major delay.

Several is all I have.

Count Laszlo 03-06-2016 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by jerome8283 (Post 6729145)
It looks like a station wagon with slightly more headroom.

A really bad station wagon and not very male orientated at all. Most SUVs fit both male and female, but that thing says mommy all over it. But I DO love that V8 diesel.

bonboon 03-06-2016 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Count Laszlo (Post 6729827)
A really bad station wagon and not very male orientated at all. Most SUVs fit both male and female, but that thing says mommy all over it. But I DO love that V8 diesel.

+1

Seeing them on the road , they are a major disappointment to me. Major. And the s treatment won't help matters much.

Plus that third row remains atrocious, like the last gen

sraza 03-09-2016 10:50 PM

gls launch pushed back to late April, first cars may not come out till early May..

tery 03-10-2016 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by sraza (Post 6733572)
gls launch pushed back to late April, first cars may not come out till early May..

Is this for all GLS or just diesel ?

fabbrisd1 03-10-2016 12:32 AM

The 1st GLS's have already been built end-Feb/this week - and more are being built as we speak.

Those that have been built - and that are being built - will "stack up" at VPC in Vance awaiting Mercedes launch/release.

Yes - release does require Federal approval - new-generation-new-model - and Federal approval of each model/engine requires separate approval.

Dealers do not have official launch date from Mercedes.

About 1300+ GLS's do need to stack up for launch is one thing.

Federal approval of production vehicle is another thing.

Personally - from what I see so far, and from what I don't see - end-April/early-May to me sounds realistic.

I feel pretty firm so far it won't be end-March - but heck, that's only my feeling.

bonboon 03-10-2016 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 6733652)
The 1st GLS's have already been built end-Feb/this week - and more are being built as we speak.

Those that have been built - and that are being built - will "stack up" at VPC in Vance awaiting Mercedes launch/release.

Yes - release does require Federal approval - new-generation-new-model - and Federal approval of each model/engine requires separate approval.

Dealers do not have official launch date from Mercedes.

About 1300+ GLS's do need to stack up for launch is one thing.

Federal approval of production vehicle is another thing.

Personally - from what I see so far, and from what I don't see - end-April/early-May to me sounds realistic.

I feel pretty firm so far it won't be end-March - but heck, that's only my feeling.

So provided Mercedes continues building cars , the release of the 450 and 550 and 63 shouldn't necessarily be delayed, right?

And Fabbris, the 1300 number is across all engine configurations or per engine configuration (1300 350s, 1300 450s, etc)?

Interesting that pricing still unavailable as is, in turn, the online configurator. Guess that is one of those things you "don't see" that you allude to in your post

sraza 03-10-2016 09:39 AM

from what I was informed all GLS launch delayed to End April--
i wouldnt expect pricing to be announced prior to the launch-- may get info hopefully by end of April-- but as everyone has figured-- I dont think itll be signficantly different..
would expect to see them hit the dealers prolly early May by the time they get transported-- for the ones built prior to the launch..

we have two on order -- a GLS 450 designo and a GLS 63...
and the wait continues ...

bonboon 03-10-2016 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by sraza (Post 6733843)
from what I was informed all GLS launch delayed to End April--
i wouldnt expect pricing to be announced prior to the launch-- may get info hopefully by end of April-- but as everyone has figured-- I dont think itll be signficantly different..
would expect to see them hit the dealers prolly early May by the time they get transported-- for the ones built prior to the launch..

we have two on order -- a GLS 450 designo and a GLS 63...
and the wait continues ...

i guess what I was getting is that my 550 has had a build date of april 11 from the jump. you think that date is pushed back or will mercedes go ahead and build the inventory and accumulate it (vs slowing down production)?

and secondly, if 350 production is held up and doesnt get federal approval, but the 450, 550, and 63 do, does mercedes proceed with a launch date and commence the sale of those vehicles with the 350 to be added later?

sraza 03-10-2016 10:30 AM

production shouldnt really be affected at all.
just the launch date is delayed
which means whoever has theirs being built now wont see it till May instead of April deliveries
your production and delivery shouldnt be affected much
would expect yours delivered by early/most like mid May

for the 350 -- id expect production to continue whilst waiting for certification

bonboon 03-10-2016 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by sraza (Post 6733916)
production shouldnt really be affected at all.
just the launch date is delayed
which means whoever has theirs being built now wont see it till May instead of April deliveries
your production and delivery shouldnt be affected much
would expect yours delivered by early/most like mid May

for the 350 -- id expect production to continue whilst waiting for certification

cool thanks for the insights, man.

out of curiosity, how long can a custom order be modified before it's "locked" so to speak?

if i start getting impatient i will just get the bootleg Gl (Beijing Auto BJ90)

sraza 03-10-2016 06:44 PM

depends on when your dealer gets an allocation, build decade etc..
but once you have an allocation theres a small amount of time before its locked..

just remember more you add - the more it can delay your build date and production -- especialy if anything is on backorder, like pano roof or wrapped lower dash, or designo, or some special color etc etc... if short supply - then will delay build time and delivery by a few weeks or sometimes even longer..

dieseldoc 03-10-2016 06:51 PM

Those of us who ordered new GLCs had to wait for release even though cars had been built and were sitting in the VPC.

jerome8283 03-11-2016 09:18 AM

I was told yesterday 3/10 by my dealer that our GLS450 build will be complete on 3/31 and it should be on the lot by 4/12. :nix:

sraza 03-11-2016 06:52 PM

yea build and avaiability should be unaffected, but if they dont launch the model until late April - they cannot and will not release a car.. it will sit where it is despite being ready until they get the clear to go ahead after launch for deliveries..

for ex: when the 2013s came out, after launch and release - they found an issue with the soft close doors- every GL pretty much got frozen and stopped where it was until issue rectified and then released for deliveries..

jerome8283 03-11-2016 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by sraza (Post 6735797)
yea build and avaiability should be unaffected, but if they dont launch the model until late April - they cannot and will not release a car.. it will sit where it is despite being ready until they get the clear to go ahead after launch for deliveries..

for ex: when the 2013s came out, after launch and release - they found an issue with the soft close doors- every GL pretty much got frozen and stopped where it was until issue rectified and then released for deliveries..

Then I wouldn't expect to be told it would be on the lot by 4/12.

sraza 03-11-2016 07:55 PM

I'm just telling you what I know from MB corporate, MB manager here and MB regional manager-- the earliest they have a GLS on the road is early May.
trust me I wish it would be sooner - we have two on order in the family and def need them delivered sooner but have been told no can do until it is officially released in the end of April-
I was told it may be built and readt but cannot be released--
I hope they can do it sooner too.. I'm not posting what I think is going on - just posting what I have been informed..