Notices

GLS US Delivery Delay

 
Old 04-25-2016, 08:06 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 142
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
GLS US Delivery Delay

Been pretty busy lately, so I haven't been able to give you guys an update. The GLS 350 and, apparently, the GLS 550 have both been delayed pending certification in the US. I was told that for the 350 at least, that's expected to occur in mid to late May. The sad part is, my car, a 350, has been built and is probably sitting outside somewhere in Alabama for 3 weeks already. So, I'm assuming delivery, at best, early June. But, who the hell knows... Pretty annoyed at VW right now... argh.
silvertige is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 08:27 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 897
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
CLK320
On the Canadian side is delay up to Q4 for now. So if its mid May not too bad. I wish my would come sometime this summer.
tery is offline  
Old 04-25-2016, 09:38 PM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 529
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
--
Originally Posted by silvertige View Post
Been pretty busy lately, so I haven't been able to give you guys an update. The GLS 350 and, apparently, the GLS 550 have both been delayed pending certification in the US. I was told that for the 350 at least, that's expected to occur in mid to late May. The sad part is, my car, a 350, has been built and is probably sitting outside somewhere in Alabama for 3 weeks already. So, I'm assuming delivery, at best, early June. But, who the hell knows... Pretty annoyed at VW right now... argh.
Picking up my 550 Weds. There are a few 550s sitting on dealer lots all across the country. Plenty of 450 inventory.

Don't think the delay applies to any vehicle but the 350. Maybe give some consideration to a 450. Plenty to choose from and who knows how long 350 delay will be pending DOJ investigation

Last edited by bonboon; 04-25-2016 at 09:59 PM.
bonboon is offline  
Old 04-26-2016, 01:11 AM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 142
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
Originally Posted by eliontakis View Post
Picking up my 550 Weds. There are a few 550s sitting on dealer lots all across the country. Plenty of 450 inventory.

Don't think the delay applies to any vehicle but the 350. Maybe give some consideration to a 450. Plenty to choose from and who knows how long 350 delay will be pending DOJ investigation
Ok, yes, I do see 550 inventory, which makes sense. I've actually thought about a 550 since my build is in the high 80's. And the lack of info on the diesels, when they'll be ready..., if the software needs to be adjusted... etc... is definitely starting to annoy me. And, the fact is, who knows how long that'll be is all very true.
silvertige is offline  
Old 04-26-2016, 07:14 AM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
1st amg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,853
Likes: 0
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
In Canada, confirmed delivery for our 350 was pushed to December, that's if there are no more delays, which MB cannot confirm. Switching out our order to a 450.
1st amg is offline  
Old 04-26-2016, 09:20 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 256
Likes: 0
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
S550, 911, GLS63
Getting my GLS63 this week. Dealer received Friday.
Tomshop is offline  
Old 04-27-2016, 01:45 AM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 142
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
So... DOJ has requested an internal investigation of MB's certification process. Boy, this could take awhile for the diesels to show up. May be switching to the 550 now.
silvertige is offline  
Old 04-27-2016, 07:13 AM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,616
Liked 101 Times in 79 Posts
17 GLS 550
Originally Posted by Tomshop View Post
Getting my GLS63 this week. Dealer received Friday.
Congrats. Post plenty of pictures when you pick it up.
JoeMa is offline  
Old 04-27-2016, 06:20 PM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 142
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
Switched to a 550 today... Or actually dealer allowed me to spec a 550 and we'll see which one gets here first. June 5th build. I'm not holding my breath for the diesels...
silvertige is offline  
Old 05-02-2016, 07:40 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 25
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
MB - E class
Originally Posted by silvertige View Post
So... DOJ has requested an internal investigation of MB's certification process. Boy, this could take awhile for the diesels to show up. May be switching to the 550 now.
to be honest, we still see GLS350d leaving factory as some people are taking delivery on other side of the world. I have the feeling MB is still rolling out cars as scheduled but in a more cautious (slowing) manner just in case ... I would love to see MB be cleared of the diesel issue as mine still hasn't got a date yet
DSGe is offline  
Old 05-02-2016, 08:18 PM
  #11  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 897
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
CLK320
I switch my order to 2017 GLE 43 AMG, build date is July and delivery at spemtmbe. Hopefully my GLS350d will be certify befor that. Really upset at the dealership as they want me to wait again back at the Line to get any of their SUV.
tery is offline  
Old 05-02-2016, 10:06 PM
  #12  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 142
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
Originally Posted by DSGe View Post
to be honest, we still see GLS350d leaving factory as some people are taking delivery on other side of the world. I have the feeling MB is still rolling out cars as scheduled but in a more cautious (slowing) manner just in case ... I would love to see MB be cleared of the diesel issue as mine still hasn't got a date yet
The cold start NOX could be an issue now. Software currently allows more NOX to protect the engine and emissions equipment on the car. What going to happen with that? Who knows... Mines been built since the end of March and is just sitting in Alabama. Ordered a GLS 550 to be delivered in early July as a hedge.

Last edited by silvertige; 05-06-2016 at 11:15 AM.
silvertige is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 10:51 AM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 18
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
R350
I got a call from my dealership , they say 350 are not allocated to anyone yet and MB have pushed that to be in October, hence build date will only be given in October
sri_gondi is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 11:16 AM
  #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 142
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
Originally Posted by sri_gondi View Post
I got a call from my dealership , they say 350 are not allocated to anyone yet and MB have pushed that to be in October, hence build date will only be given in October
US?
silvertige is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 11:24 AM
  #15  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 18
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
R350
Originally Posted by silvertige View Post
US?
Yes! US...
sri_gondi is offline  
Old 05-06-2016, 12:07 PM
  #16  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 142
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
2018 Porsche GT3, 2017 Mercedes GLS550 White/saddle, 2017 Ford Raptor
Originally Posted by sri_gondi View Post
Yes! US...


Makes sense, the cold start NOX, lawsuit, and DoJ requested investigation means it may be while for the 350 to show up... My concern is that even when it does get here, will MB further reduce diesel reliability/ fuel consumption/ and or throttle response to satisfy any and all NOX issues. My guess is yes, definite software changes for the worse.


On a brigher note the GLS 550 does look sexy... mine should be here by early July.
silvertige is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: GLS US Delivery Delay


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: