MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLS Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166-207/)
-   -   Anyone has Porcelain / Crystal Grey Leather upholstery? How can it live with jeans? (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166/624315-anyone-has-porcelain-crystal-grey-leather-upholstery-how-can-live-jeans.html)

DSGe 05-02-2016 07:52 PM

Anyone has Porcelain / Crystal Grey Leather upholstery? How can it live with jeans?

Just want to invite any owner to share their experience of keeping light color leather upholstery. The Porcelain / Crystal Grey leather is awesome but should I throw away all my jeans to own one?

fabbrisd1 05-03-2016 07:22 PM

Consider PermaPlate protection package if offered by your dealer, which specifically "warrantee's" on jean transfer - the Mercedes interior Protection Package does not specifically warranty against jean transfer.

If you are doubtful - then get black interior and not worry about it...

DSGe 05-03-2016 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 6791792)
Consider PermaPlate protection package if offered by your dealer, which specifically "warrantee's" on jean transfer - the Mercedes interior Protection Package does not specifically warranty against jean transfer.

If you are doubtful - then get black interior and not worry about it...

:) a silly question, is that protection effective? or just a sales gimmick?

jbattan 05-04-2016 04:15 AM

For about 18 months, I had an S 63 with the deep white leather which is a very bright pure white leather and never had a problem with jean die transfer. But I never wore traditional jeans in the car, they were always $400 Zegna jeans.

ezshift5 05-04-2016 08:01 AM

.....the percentage of blue denim-clad MB owners is most likely rather low...................

ez

bonboon 05-04-2016 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by jbattan (Post 6792194)
For about 18 months, I had an S 63 with the deep white leather which is a very bright pure white leather and never had a problem with jean die transfer. But I never wore traditional jeans in the car, they were always $400 Zegna jeans.

This would be a first ballot inductee into the Smug Post Hall of Fame if one were to exist

JoeMa 05-04-2016 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by eliontakis (Post 6792281)
This would be a first ballot inductee into the Smug Post Hall of Fame if one were to exist

LOL

DSGe 05-04-2016 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by jbattan (Post 6792194)

LOL , now I understand why this thread isn't drawing any eyeballs but laugh ... I am saving to change my wardrobe

fabbrisd1 05-04-2016 06:26 PM

The quick joke goes like this...

The question - How do you tell the difference between male and female chromosomes ?

The answer - You pull down their genes !

JoeMa 05-04-2016 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by DSGe (Post 6792864)
LOL , now I understand why this thread isn't drawing any eyeballs but laugh ... I am saving to change my wardrobe

It's a fare question but I don't have any actual experience with the porcelain / crystal grey leather. I can say that some blue dye transferred onto the tan leather of our 2014 GL550. But I buy $30 jeans. I guess I need to start saving for change of my wardrobe as well. ;-)

As for the porcelain / crystal grey leather, I really like it and almost went with it before going with the espresso brown leather. My wife really loves the dark brown so I made the right choice.

Happy wife, happy life!

nycphotography 05-04-2016 07:33 PM

I find that if the dye is soluble enough to transfer in the first place, it's generally soluble enough to come right back off again.

I use "Turtle Wax Quick and Easy Luxe Leather Cleaner and Conditioner." $5 at Walmart or Target. And the indigo scrubs right off.

(to be fair though I've only driven maybe 3000 miles on the white seats, and mine aren't the white white white, they're the creamy white. 815 Porcelain / black / aluminum interior.)

DSGe 05-04-2016 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 6792931)
It's a fare question but I don't have any actual experience with the porcelain / crystal grey leather. I can say that some blue dye transferred onto the tan leather of our 2014 GL550. But I buy $30 jeans. I guess I need to start saving for change of my wardrobe as well. ;-)

As for the porcelain / crystal grey leather, I really like it and almost went with it before going with the espresso brown leather. My wife really loves the dark brown so I made the right choice.

Happy wife, happy life!

thanks, I nearly went for the white leather as well as it looks so great but looking at the beige leather of our X5 .... it'd be a dare challenge at the expense of risking my marriage, some would argue why not , LOL

nycphotography 05-04-2016 08:41 PM

If this was my daily driver, then no way in hell could I keep it clean.

But as a weekend car, I think it just give the extra incentive to treat the car as a gentleman should.

DSGe 05-04-2016 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by nycphotography (Post 6793024)
If this was my daily driver, then no way in hell could I keep it clean.

But as a weekend car, I think it just give the extra incentive to treat the car as a gentleman should.

very valid point :cheers:

Kwando 05-06-2016 01:00 PM

I take my pants off when I'm driving about so no worries here.

bonboon 05-06-2016 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kwando (Post 6794707)
I take my pants off when I'm driving about so no worries here.

That's what I'm talking about.

But maybe you go espresso brown just as a precaution against other stains