MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLS Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166-207/)
-   -   Washing (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166/626910-washing.html)

jerome8283 05-27-2016 08:36 AM

Washing

Do you guys wash your GLS yourself?

I washed mine for the first time and boy this is a lot of vehicle. I will certainly be visiting my dealer more often for the free car wash they offer.

Dreamszalone 05-28-2016 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by jerome8283 (Post 6815166)
Do you guys wash your GLS yourself?

I washed mine for the first time and boy this is a lot of vehicle. I will certainly be visiting my dealer more often for the free car wash they offer.

:) I always say that to myself but I still wash it obviously weather permitting as I live in Chicago.

Again it depends on Color if its Black then no way I am taking my car to the dealership or any xyz car wash... As Black is not a color its a commitment.

Thanks

jerome8283 05-29-2016 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Dreamszalone (Post 6816847)
:) ... As Black is not a color its a commitment.

Thanks

So true:rolf:

Nihsel10 06-09-2016 11:03 PM

Yeah I wash my own. I mostly use Turtle Wax Ice Wash and Wax with the Nanoskin autoscrub (claybar alternative). The waxing, I do the spray wax.

I sometimes let the dealer do it for free, but when I get it back, there are dew and watermarks.

tate16t 06-10-2016 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nihsel10 (Post 6828687)
Yeah I wash my own. I mostly use Turtle Wax Ice Wash and Wax with the Nanoskin autoscrub (claybar alternative). The waxing, I do the spray wax.

I sometimes let the dealer do it for free, but when I get it back, there are dew and watermarks.

This is because the dealer does not dry the car thoroughly.

drjohn08318 07-08-2020 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by tate16t (Post 6828879)
This is because the dealer does not dry the car thoroughly.

Love my dealership, and they’re really great. But there’s no way they can ever clean my car as well as I do. It’s quite simple; they don’t have a love affair with her the way I do. Not their fault of course—it’s just the truth 🤓. Just look at her. That’s a labor of love ❤️.

mikey08 07-08-2020 10:14 AM

Say the same all the time.. Its big but my cars have never seen the car wash. I use my 3 foot ladder to get the roof, use meguires wash and clay once in a while with a Chemical Guys spray wax.. Once a year I polish and wax looks as good as it did when I got it from the dealer new.

drjohn08318 07-08-2020 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by mikey08 (Post 8100997)
Say the same all the time.. Its big but my cars have never seen the car wash. I use my 3 foot ladder to get the roof, use meguires wash and clay once in a while with a Chemical Guys spray wax.. Once a year I polish and wax looks as good as it did when I got it from the dealer new.

My car has been never, nor will she ever, see anything but a Touchless carwash. Prefer to wash it by hand, but I find the Touchless to be fine—and then I use Spray wax (JLG) or Torque Mirror Shine. Between washes, I will either use Torque Waterless Detailer or Quick Detailer (JLG). It’s nice to finally have landed on what I think are the best products for me personally. Each of us has their own “best,” and that’s fine. There are many great products on the market.