MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLS Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166-207/)
-   -   "Thanksgiving Deal" and Driver Assistance Package (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166/645221-thanksgiving-deal-driver-assistance-package.html)

procuare 11-27-2016 11:23 AM

"Thanksgiving Deal" and Driver Assistance Package

Was offered as follows on a '17 GLS 450, 12k miles and 48 months
Discount: 6% off MSRP
Money Factor: .00131
Residual: 49%
We have A+ credit

Also, this truck did not include the Driver Assistance Package. We have this on our current 2013 (although obviously different). We do not like how this system works in our current vehicle - its seems to beep for unknown reasons; but would like to hear thoughts about how good the system is now in 2017 and how important people think it is to get.

Thanks.

jbak31 11-27-2016 12:01 PM

I personally would never get another car without the driver assistance package. The '17 GLS has steering assist as part of the package, but it is very limited in what it can do, it basically works like a slightly better version of the old active lane assist feature. In fact, I'd say the steering assist part of it is essentially useless, but with that said, how can you hate on the distronic plus? That system is golden. I drive with distronic plus ON probably 99% of the time. Mine only ever beeps when the car in front slows down way too quick, and that has never bothered me.

bonboon 11-27-2016 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by procuare (Post 6980001)
Was offered as follows on a '17 GLS 450, 12k miles and 48 months
Discount: 6% off MSRP
We have A+ credit

Also, this truck did not include the Driver Assistance Package. We have this on our current 2013 (although obviously different). We do not like how this system works in our current vehicle - its seems to beep for unknown reasons; but would like to hear thoughts about how good the system is now in 2017 and how important people think it is to get.

Thanks.

that seems like an excellent lease to me. Car retains half the value after 4 years, good money factor, 12k miles

having said that im also a fan of drivers assistance. Won't get a car without

fabbrisd1 11-28-2016 01:21 AM

1) please add up time + mileage and make suure you are covered by warranty for full term - based on what you have to say you are not

2) 6% off a 12K mile Brass-Hat or loaner is not strong - make your shopping lost of "freebies" you deman - warranty - prepaid service - etc..

Boraxo 11-28-2016 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 6980492)
1) please add up time + mileage and make suure you are covered by warranty for full term - based on what you have to say you are not

2) 6% off a 12K mile Brass-Hat or loaner is not strong - make your shopping lost of "freebies" you deman - warranty - prepaid service - etc..

Agree, we got 6% off a new 2017 vehicle with 50 miles :) Once it driver out the door it loses 20% of value - and with 12k miles probably more.

bonboon 11-28-2016 06:57 AM

I thought he was saying 12k miles a year allowance no?

procuare 11-28-2016 12:49 PM

I should have said this is a lease not a purchase. This is a brand new truck.

Yes, we were offered as follows:
5% off MSRP

We are in the Chicago area.

Boraxo 11-28-2016 01:50 PM

Nobody here can determine if that is a good deal because we don't know what other dealers will offer you in your local area. The only sure way to determine market value is to shop that deal to other dealers and see if they can beat it (no need to tell them who is offering it). Last 3 days of the month are an excellent time to score a deal.

procuare 11-28-2016 01:54 PM

Thanks, I guess I was less concerned about the amount off MSRP than the money factor and the residual being offered on a 12k/48 month lease. Although it's my understanding that the residual offered is pretty standard - the money factor can very significantly. Also, although it's true that it is difficult to determine if a deal is a "good one", I can get a good idea where I stand if others can say they are currently receiving similar deals in other parts of the country. Thanks for your time.

Chris D 11-30-2016 12:40 PM

good msrp, reasonable money factor, reasonable residual. considering money is 1% with good credit, however, would still buy and sell when done with it unless you can deduct the depreciation. fact that a new model is coming out won't damage resale, depreciation schedules generally are what they are. however, agree with others DAP is too important not to get, especially if you're worried about resale - not having it would limit your resale market for sure.

rominl 11-30-2016 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by procuare (Post 6981012)
Thanks, I guess I was less concerned about the amount off MSRP than the money factor and the residual being offered on a 12k/48 month lease. Although it's my understanding that the residual offered is pretty standard - the money factor can very significantly. Also, although it's true that it is difficult to determine if a deal is a "good one", I can get a good idea where I stand if others can say they are currently receiving similar deals in other parts of the country. Thanks for your time.

i think the MF you were given is already close to the bottom line MBFS set for this car.

i think 6% off MSRP is reasonable, but i wouldn't think it's any crazy thanksgiving deal. i tend to think it's more on the norm side

Boraxo 12-01-2016 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by procuare (Post 6981012)

Dealer-inflated money factor permits lower purchase price and vice versa. Dealer makes money either way. Deals in other parts of the country are not necessarily relevant - depends on time of month and local market. I found prices in Southern California were thousands higher than Northern California, exactly the opposite of what I expected.

Only way to know you got best deal is to conduct an RFQ process among multiple dealers in your area. Good luck.