MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLS Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166-207/)
-   -   GLS450 Market Discounts? (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166/647891-gls450-market-discounts.html)

Ah_gl450 12-23-2016 11:38 PM

GLS450 Market Discounts?

Hey All,

My current GL450 lease is coming to an end in February and looking to get the GLS450 with few additional options. I wanted to ask those that recently picked up a GLS450 for lease or buy, what kind of discounts did you end up locking?

When I got my GL450 back in Feb 2014, I was able to get 7% off (avg was 4%-8% then) plus the $2,000 Fleet discount. Right now fleet is only $500 for some reason?

Any help from you all would be great!

Ah_gl450 12-24-2016 07:37 AM

Also if you can say what state you got the deal, that would be helpful since I know it varies by region and demand. I'm in NJ, but willing to drive some distance for a good deal on an ideal build. Thanks.

KZEVO 12-24-2016 09:11 AM

Just sent you PM with dealer info in MD. Good luck

knpnj 01-05-2017 10:49 AM

Can someone please help figure out an earliest available change order slot for a GLS450 in Feb 2017? Or are they all gone till March?
Thanks!

fabbrisd1 01-05-2017 04:45 PM

Your dealer can help you "figure out" - whether or not a specific dealer has a open/changeable slot for Feb 3rd decade - today it could be possible - they are scarce - next week not possible - yes there is open March production for "most" dealers.

knpnj 01-06-2017 06:08 PM

Thanks Fab!! - the local dealer was sharp - he already put it in for 2nd decade in Feb (last week).

Boston 01-20-2017 02:53 AM

Curious to know if MB is offering any special incentives for you to buy the vehivle at end of your lease? What is your mileage and buyout#? Thanks.

rominl 01-21-2017 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by Boston (Post 7030465)
Curious to know if MB is offering any special incentives for you to buy the vehivle at end of your lease? What is your mileage and buyout#? Thanks.

incentives? on the lease contract MBFS actually states that if you buy out the vehicle at the end you need to pay them certain fee.

honestly i think this is quite silly. if you return the car, you have to pay. if you buy out the car, you have to pay. if you move to another mb lease, then dealership will "waive" the fee. i get it, it's a way to keep customers. but that feels a bit pushy

fabbrisd1 01-21-2017 02:11 AM

Let me clairfy things a bit..

1) Going into the end of the lease - MB Financial will offer (thru the dealer) a "pull ahead" where MB Financial will absorb the last 3/4/5 payments if moving forward to a new MB - smart marketing as you can commit to your next MB before moving to another brand

2) Yes - Mercedes Financial will waive the end-lease disposition fee if moving forward to another MB. MB Financial lease termination fee is not unusual - all major manufacturers (by and large) have similar end-of-lease termination fee's

3) The residual lease end value is the value set in the lease - if you are really interested in purchasing the MB at lease end - then go to your dealer before lease end and discuss with them. "Often" it could be possible for the dealer to purchase that car - at lease end - and dealer cost willl be lower than residual - often that lower differential will allow the dealer to service and Certify the MB - and sell back to you - fully serviced - often new tires - Mercedes Certified - at or less than residual lease end purcahse by you from MB Financial direct..

Remember - "Pull Ahead" kicks in moving forward to your next new Mercedes earlier than lease end - possible dealer/buy-resells to your Certified may be possible right at (or 30 days prior) to lease end.

Keep the beat !

rominl 01-22-2017 12:03 AM

great info. i have heard about the part on turning in the car to get certified and then buy it for cheaper too.

for the pull ahead, i thought it's mostly applied to cars under fleet, no? it also applies to regular lease?

correct that the disposition fee is now common on most brands. mb, bmw, audi, porsche. i know lexus doesn't have it

skw 01-24-2017 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by rominl (Post 7032098)
great info. i have heard about the part on turning in the car to get certified and then buy it for cheaper too.

for the pull ahead, i thought it's mostly applied to cars under fleet, no? it also applies to regular lease?

correct that the disposition fee is now common on most brands. mb, bmw, audi, porsche. i know lexus doesn't have it

Pull ahead available on all leases.

rominl 01-24-2017 06:50 PM

awesome, thanks!