GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

GLS550 Steering and Transmission

Old 02-23-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of the past. ’13 CTS V Wagon, ‘15 GL550. ‘17 GLS550. Current: ‘20 GLE580.
GLS550 Steering and Transmission

Before i start id like to thank all of you in this forum, the MB community,

This is my second GL class, my previous was a 2015 GL 550 and i currently lease the GLS550
i wonder if only i am experiencing this or if this is how the new GLS's are. while parked the steering is soft and easy while diving the steering feels heavy, when driving a straight line the front wheels try to go either left or right and i have to keep balancing them like an old car, its not easy or a pleasure to drive,

The Transmission has its issues of their own as i read up on some threads, its revving upto 4-5k before changing from 2nd gear to 3rd and from 3rd to 4th, while in sports mode the transmission changes gears smoothly, its annoying and costing me a lot of gas

would appropriate if anyone can shed some light on these issues

Im in the NYC-NJ area if anyone can recommend a dealer with the best service would be appreciative
Old 02-25-2017, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
In general - "GLS Comfort" is a "softer" profile/feel than your GL550 - "GLS Sport" is more aggressive profile than your GL550..

On your "highway" wander... you might consider having dealer check and adjust tire pressures both front/rear - 2psi difference either up or down in pressure will make a difference in "feel" and performance..