GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

Saddle Brown : Caveat Emptor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 12:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W126-500SEC
Originally Posted by Mike450
Practice google image search while you're at it.
You should take our own advice and try that. 'Mercedes GLS Saddle Brown' for starters. Please post your conclusions
Old 10-11-2017, 03:49 AM

W126-500SEC
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
See, this is why you can't be talked to logically.

You assume, since I work at Benz, i'm somehow biased?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.....Snip

Listen, I've had quite enough of this blame shifting of yours. You seem to be taking that 'always blame the customer' course you took a bit too far.

Incidentally, please don't use words you clearly have no grasp of, like 'logic'.

If you are at all interested in how wrong the end of the stick you got hold of actually is, please revisit the FIRST post in this thread, and carefully read it, especially the title. Maybe even the rest of the message. You COULD, possibly, also reread my answer to your previous question where I explained that MB did NOT have the correct sample available, and I even took it upon myself to visit the Brussels HQ of MB only to learn that NO vehicles with the chosen trim were available for inspection.

At no time whatsoever was it indicated to me that the colour I was shown in the photographic documentation was substantially different from what I would be getting, But even so, what I think happened, what I feel or find, or what I ordered and received is neither here not there. This is not why I started this thread.
Frankly, I resent your inferred (pun intended) argument that I am somehow doing this out of spite because I feel duped and seek reparations.

I'm done with this. Anyone who's interested in buying a saddle brown interior : you know what to do.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
2015 gl450
Originally Posted by Peter R.
You should take our own advice and try that. 'Mercedes GLS Saddle Brown' for starters. Please post your conclusions
The 3 orange interiors, in this small screen cap alone, that aren't MB product literature photos? Those conclusions?

Are you honestly stating you werent weren't able to conclude, after researching other MB saddle brown interiors for more than 10 seconds, that the MB literature coloring was off?

I'd believe you more if you just said you did zero research and you are a little disappointed.

Playing the the victim doesn't work well.

Last edited by Mike450; 10-11-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Originally Posted by Peter R.
Listen, I've had quite enough of this blame shifting of yours. You seem to be taking that 'always blame the customer' course you took a bit too far.

Incidentally, please don't use words you clearly have no grasp of, like 'logic'.

If you are at all interested in how wrong the end of the stick you got hold of actually is, please revisit the FIRST post in this thread, and carefully read it, especially the title. Maybe even the rest of the message. You COULD, possibly, also reread my answer to your previous question where I explained that MB did NOT have the correct sample available, and I even took it upon myself to visit the Brussels HQ of MB only to learn that NO vehicles with the chosen trim were available for inspection.

At no time whatsoever was it indicated to me that the colour I was shown in the photographic documentation was substantially different from what I would be getting, But even so, what I think happened, what I feel or find, or what I ordered and received is neither here not there. This is not why I started this thread.
Frankly, I resent your inferred (pun intended) argument that I am somehow doing this out of spite because I feel duped and seek reparations.

I'm done with this. Anyone who's interested in buying a saddle brown interior : you know what to do.
You're right, they don't match, I agree. Your statements come across as you were mislead, when you were actually not informed. That's all there is here.
Originally Posted by Mike450
The 3 orange interiors, in this small screen cap alone, that aren't MB product literature photos? Those conclusions?

Are you honestly stating you werent weren't able to conclude, after researching other MB saddle brown interiors for more than 10 seconds, that the MB literature coloring was off?

I'd believe you more if you just said you did zero research and you are a little disappointed.

Playing the the victim doesn't work well.
Glad I'm not the only one who sees it.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 GLS450, Previously 2017 GLS450, 2014 GL450, 2012 GL450
Yea research is key. When I ordered by GLS with dakota brown and espresso brown interior, I did ton of Google image searches as that color combo is very hard to find in the Northeast. MB photos are often misleading because they are not exact photos, sometimes more of a rendering. I found some pictures where the color looked beautiful, and in other pictures not so great (based on lighting).

Sorry to hear didn't turn out as expected, guess it is a lesson learned for next time....
Old 12-02-2017, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS 550
I have Saddle and its as I expected, which isn't very comforting to you because the picture varied so much from the reality. I think the orangy color looks luxurious compared to the more common browns, but different strokes...
Old 12-03-2017, 11:11 AM

W126-500SEC
Originally Posted by gln826
I have Saddle and its as I expected, which isn't very comforting to you because the picture varied so much from the reality. I think the orangy color looks luxurious compared to the more common browns, but different strokes...
The dealer is flat out denying there's a difference. I can't really be arsed to take it to court, as this is not the US and I can't sue for 100 million Euro's in emotional damages, and it seems there's such a wide gamut in color you never know what you'll get.
But the dealer won't see me again. Ever.

Pete
Old 01-01-2018, 08:49 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
This past Saturday we test drove an '18 GLS450, polar white w/ saddle brown leather. I immediately thought of this thread. Pics online do not convey it well. It indeed is more of a peanut butter color. From the pics online, the ones that show more of an orange tint are the most accurate.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:50 AM

W126-500SEC
Originally Posted by skw
This past Saturday we test drove an '18 GLS450, polar white w/ saddle brown leather. I immediately thought of this thread. Pics online do not convey it well. It indeed is more of a peanut butter color. From the pics online, the ones that show more of an orange tint are the most accurate.
Well, the car is here, and it's a really really funky colour. The hue changes dramatically with the exterior light, interior mood lighting, and whether you're looking at it in direct sunlight, or through the tinted windows, or sitting inside with closed doors.

It may not be at all what I thought I'd get, but I really like it. I'd post another picture, but it'd only add to the confusion.

Bottom line : if you want one, get inside of one with the doors closed, in the outdoor light. SWMBO calls it 'chique'. Chique works for me.

Pete
Old 01-03-2018, 05:34 PM

Received 143 Likes on 133 Posts
2018 GLS450, 2017 SL63 AMG, 2021 Sprinter, 1958 Chevrolet Corvette
Hey Pete - very glad to read you "really like it" .... I've been following this thread from the beginning ... my wife ordered an '18 GLS450 with the Crystal Grey / Black leather so no real variability there ... but again, glad all is good. Enjoy.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:06 AM

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
2017 GLS 350d
It's a very similar thing with the "Cuoio" interior in Ferraris. If you google it, you will find some pictures where it is clearly orange, like say, an american president. On some other pictures, you can see it's a much more tanned leather look. At the end, the best thing to do is to go to the dealer and have a look at it. Take it out in the sun, in the shade, etc, and see if you like the look. The more light on it, the more orange it looks. And pictures are really hard to trust as the outcome depends so much on the camera settings, in terms of white balance and exposure.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLS550
We have the saddle brown interior and love it.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:38 PM

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
2019 Audi Q8, 2017 Porsche Cayenne S, 2015 GL63, & 2005 E500W4
I think you thought you were ordering Espresso colored leather.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
TT 512 BB Ferrari, Dinan Z8,997 GT3, 74 BMW 3.0CSI

Can anyone help me with this color? Is it saddle brown or nut brown (in keeping with this thread) I have half a dozen pics from this car and they all have a different hue!)
The following users liked this post:
whitesl81 (12-29-2020)
Old 07-17-2019, 12:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
535xi
Nothing is more misleading than the Porsche Cohiba brown. If you smoke cigars you know what a “cigar brown” is. It is definitely not a carrot which Porsche thinks it is. Healthier though.