MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLS Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166-207/)
-   -   Below invoice pricing too much to ask for GLS? What deals have you gotten? (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166/690902-below-invoice-pricing-too-much-ask-gls-what-deals-have-you-gotten.html)

Bav 12-03-2017 03:06 PM

Below invoice pricing too much to ask for GLS? What deals have you gotten?

Hi, I currently lease a GL350 and lease finishes in a few days. Looking to finance the GLS 450 in the next 2-3 days.

How much below Invoice is reasonable to negotiate or is Invoce pricing good enough? Costco car pricing as per dealer is about 10-15% percent over Invoice. Also looked at truecar which is about the same. What are the common pitfalls when trying to negotiate buying vs leasing?

I have never financed and always leased.

Any dealers in Norcal recommendations?
help appreciated!

Wishlist
- premium package
- driver assistance package
- appearance package
- white with beige/black interior

unr1 12-03-2017 05:33 PM

As a side note, anyone know how long a custom order takes for the GLS 450? For East Coast/Midwest area.

skw 12-05-2017 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bav (Post 7326528)
Hi, I currently lease a GL350 and lease finishes in a few days. Looking to finance the GLS 450 in the next 2-3 days.

How much below Invoice is reasonable to negotiate or is Invoce pricing good enough? Costco car pricing as per dealer is about 10-15% percent over Invoice. Also looked at truecar which is about the same. What are the common pitfalls when trying to negotiate buying vs leasing?

I have never financed and always leased.

Any dealers in Norcal recommendations?
help appreciated!

Wishlist
- premium package
- driver assistance package
- appearance package
- white with beige/black interior

You don't say if you're looking at a '17 vehicle or '18? I would push for below invoice on a '17. However, seeing that you're looking to purchase it, an '18 may be in your best interest. Even if you plan on keeping it 8 years, one will be 8 model years old whereas the other will be 9 model years old. That alone will have an impact on resale value down the line. A larger dealer with many GLS vehicles on their lot would probably give better pricing than a dealer with 3 on their lot.

Originally Posted by unr1 (Post 7326598)
As a side note, anyone know how long a custom order takes for the GLS 450? For East Coast/Midwest area.

For this, the question you should be asking your dealer is "When is your next allocation?"

Boraxo 12-13-2017 01:32 PM

Purchased a similarly configured vehicle in Oct. 2017 for approx. $1000 under invoice. You should do better now as it the style is now a year older. Try Yuvraaj at MBZ Stockton.

H13 12-13-2017 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by unr1 (Post 7326598)

I spoke with the dealer on 12/05. The 450 should not be a problem depending on the options you choose. One to two months or so. The 550 is taking a bit longer, dealer had just placed an order with expected delivery in mid Feb. I placed a downpayment on a 550, just waiting for a build slot as the dealer will have to trade for one.