GLS Class (X166) Produced from 2016 to 2019

Appropriate gap between 19" and arches?

Old 08-01-2018, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 GLS450
Appropriate gap between 19" and arches?

Hi all,
I just took delivery of a new 2018 GLS450 and now that I've had a chance to drive around for a few days, it 'feels' taller than I recall from test-driving 3 months ago before ordering... I have the 19" twin-spoke wheels with the stock Contis. Measuring directly above the hub, I find a 3.5" gap between the edge of the tire and the arch above it. Does this line up with others, or is the airmatic putting me in the clouds for some reason?

Thanks for any confirmation!

Relatedly, I know there is the button on the console to temporarily raise up the suspension (I presume for bumps/entry angles) but is there a way to do the opposite and lower the airmatic down? It does not seem that sport mode causes a noticeable drop.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
-
Originally Posted by DrDrXanderLi
Hi all,
I just took delivery of a new 2018 GLS450 and now that I've had a chance to drive around for a few days, it 'feels' taller than I recall from test-driving 3 months ago before ordering... I have the 19" twin-spoke wheels with the stock Contis. Measuring directly above the hub, I find a 3.5" gap between the edge of the tire and the arch above it. Does this line up with others, or is the airmatic putting me in the clouds for some reason?

Thanks for any confirmation!

Relatedly, I know there is the button on the console to temporarily raise up the suspension (I presume for bumps/entry angles) but is there a way to do the opposite and lower the airmatic down? It does not seem that sport mode causes a noticeable drop.
Sport Mode lowers the suspension a bit over a 1/2 an inch.