MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLS Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166-207/)
-   -   Designo leather care (https://mbworld.org/forums/gls-class-x166/722072-designo-leather-care.html)

Lewym1234 09-23-2018 04:46 PM

Designo leather care

We bought a 2018 GLS 550 On Friday. It’s black metallic exterior with night package and we have the espresso brown Designo Napa leather with cream beige fabric headliner. Car looks awesome but I’m terrified of it getting dirty especially with little kids in car seats!

We bought the interior sealant that the dealer offered with lifetime warranty. However,in your guys’ opinion,

Whats the best leather CLEANER and CONDITIONER for the Designo Napa leather???

fabbrisd1 09-24-2018 04:41 PM

Worth every penny - follow instructions to the letter.....

Lewym1234 09-24-2018 05:12 PM

The finish on the Designo leather is not shiny it’s more of a soft flat finish. Will the leatherique make it shiny? I want to maintain the factory look and feel as long as possible.

fabbrisd1 09-24-2018 09:27 PM

1. 1st - you need to know what protection package your have - the MB "DuPont Protection" or "Permaplate" most common 3rd party. The reason I say that is each has their own "warranty" and with Designo and kid's you will want to know what package and what is covered.

2. With child seats - best to put a folded acrylic blanket or protector under each seat to prevent abrasion between the child seat and the leather - and to make clean up easier.

3. If you love the original finish/feel - then don't do anything as long as you understand the nature of the original protection package

4. Long term use - 2/3 yrs out - Leatherique cleaner and conditioner will be "natural" feeling - you can always "test" that on a bottom seat side - BEFORE you do full application

Lewym1234 10-01-2018 04:59 PM

MB DuPont Pro protection package was performed last week. the dealer said it comes with a lifetime warranty. so we will see exactly what that means in future. they took great care of us and our purchase so im feeling good at the moment. i think in the near future ill be buying leatherique and some good quality terry towels. thanks for the input!

Jason B 10-16-2018 11:39 AM

I've been using the Lexol™ cleaner and the conditioner for many years. Our local Mercedes dealer also uses it on their cars.

The cleaner is in the orange bottle/jug and the cond. is in the brown bottle/jug. I haven't tried the spray version yet or the new wipes.

Mitch Alsup 10-17-2018 03:04 PM

Leatherique is the correct answer.
Winter is NOT the time to do this--you want to slather the Leatherique restorer on and let the leather soak it up in 90º+ heat--for a couple of days if possible.
Then wipe it off with the Leatherique cleaner.

Jcorrish 03-15-2019 03:52 PM

Designo leather care

Did you try any of products yet? I have the Espresso Napa as well and don't want to ruin the flat finish.

Mitch Alsup 03-15-2019 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lewym1234 (Post 7561661)
The finish on the Designo leather is not shiny it’s more of a soft flat finish. Will the leatherique make it shiny?

No leatherique* will not alter the flatness of the sheen.

(*)Done correctly

Jason B 03-15-2019 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jason B (Post 7578438)
I've been using the Lexol™ cleaner and the conditioner for many years. Our local Mercedes dealer also uses it on their cars.

The cleaner is in the orange bottle/jug and the cond. is in the brown bottle/jug. I haven't tried the spray version yet or the new wipes.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fabbrisd1 03-17-2019 05:41 AM

MB/DuPont is OK - we choose to use PermaPlate Interior Package because their Protection Guarantee will also repair customer seat punctures - which often does happen with Kid's.

I like the MB/DuPont product actually a bit better - but that "extra" part of the PermaPlate Interior "coverage" makes a bit of added protection when you have about 300+ customers a year getting Interior package a year