Notices

2020 GLS - Oh Boy

Old 05-14-2019, 07:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Strafzettel View Post
The screen looks great they way they did it in the S-Class. I understand they wanted it to be accessible since it's a touch screen but it's not done nicely. It's like they were thinking... the Tesla model 3 screen looks horrible, let's do it just a tad better in our SUV.
With rund geleckt I mean that the shape reminds me of a blowfish in particular the doors and fenders, it's just round. It's like they tried to use the design from the GLC on the GLE/GLS and it didn't work out. I don't want anything AMG, I don't think that SUV's
should look like formula one cars with gigantic air intakes and spoilers.
So why are you in this forum?
Old 05-14-2019, 09:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by XWAGONX View Post
So why are you in this forum?
I have been in this forum since 2013, I look for help, I help others I ask for opinions and I voice my opinion. Does that answer your question?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by Strafzettel View Post
I have been in this forum since 2013, I look for help, I help others I ask for opinions and I voice my opinion. Does that answer your question?
No.. this is the new GLS forum and it just seems like you plain hate it so why bother posting since itís clearly something youíre not interested in?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
2017 GLS 450
Originally Posted by XWAGONX View Post
No.. this is the new GLS forum and it just seems like you plain hate it so why bother posting since itís clearly something youíre not interested in?
I don't plain hate it and honestly I didn't buy my GLS for the looks either, the model prior to mine looked better but I wanted the newer tech, I still love how it drives, how practical and how quiet it is and I didn't want to buy a used car, so I got mine.
There are some people in this forum that work for Mercedes we all know that, I wouldn't be surprised if this forum was actually run by Mercedes so I'm hopeful that some of the feedback given in this forum will have an impact on future decisions.
And maybe fabbrisd1 is right that you have to see it in the flesh to get the real feel for it. Our 2018 BMW 540D has been really good so far but I still don't think that I'll switch to the X7 instead of another GLS... unless I really hate it ;-)
Old 05-15-2019, 07:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi S4 Avant 6sp
We have a new X7. Love it! Itís an amazing vehicle. Itís my wifeís primary car. We have a 2014 GL450 as our ďfamilyĒ car. Only small issue with the X7 is itís still a bit small for road trips with me, wife, 3 kids, nanny, and luggage. I donít like the larger American made options, so Iím hoping the new GLS is every bit as good as the X7, but just a bit bigger. If so, it will be our new family car as soon as itís available.

I saw a new GLE in person today, and agree on the look of the 12.3Ē screen. Looks tacked on, not properly integrated. From what I recall, it looked better on the E class loaner I had a little while back.

Iím also looking at a G550 to replace my M550xi when my lease runs out in 12 months (live in CO, need something to go off-roading in). I was assuming Iíd want the full extended touch screen display, but may opt otherwise if itís the same look.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:46 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
--
Originally Posted by jpknupp View Post
We have a new X7. Love it! Itís an amazing vehicle. Itís my wifeís primary car. We have a 2014 GL450 as our ďfamilyĒ car. Only small issue with the X7 is itís still a bit small for road trips with me, wife, 3 kids, nanny, and luggage. I donít like the larger American made options, so Iím hoping the new GLS is every bit as good as the X7, but just a bit bigger. If so, it will be our new family car as soon as itís available.

I saw a new GLE in person today, and agree on the look of the 12.3Ē screen. Looks tacked on, not properly integrated. From what I recall, it looked better on the E class loaner I had a little while back.

Iím also looking at a G550 to replace my M550xi when my lease runs out in 12 months (live in CO, need something to go off-roading in). I was assuming Iíd want the full extended touch screen display, but may opt otherwise if itís the same look.
i wouldn't say you NEED a g550 for off roading lol.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 522 Likes on 414 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I understand the "resistance" to the new generation electronics - on the flip side many parts of this Mercedes did "right" - meaning the touch center screen is so fast/responsive - a even match for my $1800 MS Surface PC.

I used to have the same "resistance" - in my case on body-style/design - thru the 70's-to-'80"s-to-'90's into this new century... and in my case on auto electronics I have never been a "early adopter" although the remainder of my business/home-electronics are state of the art...

The new electronics go "deep" on features... and I certainly don't take advantage of "everything" - but the thing is this - when you get back into another MB that's doesn't have MBUX &12.3" screens - it feel's "old" ..

Keep the beat !
Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 AMG C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by DaveW68 View Post
I don't see this is funny, go **** yourself