GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Extended warranty information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 11:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
‘21 AMG GTc, ‘23 EQS 580, ‘86 190e, ‘21 GLS 450, ’22 VW GTI, ‘22 Tesla Model Y Perf
Extended warranty information

Hey guys and gals - does anyone have extended warranty pricing information for 2021 GLS450? I’m looking to buy a 7 year /100 k mile extended warranty.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:17 PM

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
There are a ton of posts about this in the entire forum.
Do a search and you will learn SOO MUCH more than one guy answering your post here.

Old 11-04-2021, 06:48 PM

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
2021 GLS450
jeff jackson, mb of louisville.

/thread
Old 11-08-2021, 02:00 PM
SPONSOR

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by GLSpotentialbuy
Hey guys and gals - does anyone have extended warranty pricing information for 2021 GLS450? I’m looking to buy a 7 year /100 k mile extended warranty.
I provide great warranties to MBWorld members, but I'm a member and Mercedes enthusiast first, and you do not need to purchase an extended warranty yet, I suggest when you are down to 1 year-6 months left of factory is when you start your search. So much could happen in the 4 years of factory warranty, car totaled, you want something new, poor Mercedes experience.... it just is not something you need to worry about at the moment.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:10 PM

2021 GLS450
Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
...and you do not need to purchase an extended warranty yet, I suggest when you are down to 1 year-6 months left of factory is when you start your search. So much could happen in the 4 years of factory warranty, car totaled, you want something new, poor Mercedes experience.... it just is not something you need to worry about at the moment.
i believe you have to purchase your ELW from mercedes within the first month, otherwise you won't be able to. that being said, you can cancel it for a full refund at any time before the ELW kicks in. so if something happens, you're not SOL. prob best off reading fine print of everything.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:22 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by jomama
i believe you have to purchase your ELW from mercedes within the first month, otherwise you won't be able to. that being said, you can cancel it for a full refund at any time before the ELW kicks in. so if something happens, you're not SOL. prob best off reading fine print of everything.
"Additionally, Mercedes-Benz Extended Limited Warranty coverage may be purchased at any time prior to the expiration of your original New Vehicle Limited Warranty.*"-Mercedes Benz of Fort Washington
Old 11-09-2021, 05:20 PM

2021 GLS450
"Additionally, Mercedes-Benz Extended Limited Warranty coverage may be purchased at any time prior to the expiration of your original New Vehicle Limited Warranty.*"-Mercedes Benz of Fort Washington
thanks for the clarification - the finance guy at my dealership must have misspoken or straight up lied to me. this makes the MB warranty even more appealing since you can buy it and/or cancel it up until your new vehicle limited warranty is up.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 GLA 250
I paid $2,700.00 7years 75,000 miles
2021 GLA 250
Old 11-09-2021, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
Originally Posted by chief_p
I paid $2,700.00 7years 75,000 miles
2021 GLA 250
What company?
Old 11-12-2021, 11:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 ML350 Blueteck (Sold); 2014 E350 Wagon, Sport, Indigo Blue (Sold); 2021 GLC300, 2022 BMW X5
Originally Posted by jomama
thanks for the clarification - the finance guy at my dealership must have misspoken or straight up lied to me. this makes the MB warranty even more appealing since you can buy it and/or cancel it up until your new vehicle limited warranty is up.
Usually what they say is you need to purchase it in the first month/30 days to get the discounted price they offer otherwise it will go up to full price and then increase each year.

What I learned early on was get quotes ahead of time and shop around if possible and come into the purchase with my prices to counter and see if they will match. Usually I let them get a little more profit as usually I'm getting a deal myself and I'm establishing a relationship but in these days not sure I'd say sure charge me x over my lowest quote. I've always heard to same sob story, I do not know how they are offering you that price as I know what cost is to me...

More recently I had to buy another new vehicle (larger one) and given how Mercedes dealers in my area all were charging market adjustment over MSRP on in stock and orders I actually went with BMW. I was not prepared on the ELW quote process so I countered can I have 30 days to think about it and I started getting quotes. I did quote with who people recommended on the forums and found out by chance a local dealer beat those prices. Also on BMW quoting the maintenance plan costs/extensions, I found out dealers sell them at varied prices. So same dealer also beat all price quotes on that. I thought I had always heard the maintenance plan costs were always the same at each Mercedes dealer, anyone know if the prices on those vary?
Old 11-12-2021, 12:09 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by dminahan
Usually what they say is you need to purchase it in the first month/30 days to get the discounted price they offer otherwise it will go up to full price and then increase each year.

What I learned early on was get quotes ahead of time and shop around if possible and come into the purchase with my prices to counter and see if they will match. Usually I let them get a little more profit as usually I'm getting a deal myself and I'm establishing a relationship but in these days not sure I'd say sure charge me x over my lowest quote. I've always heard to same sob story, I do not know how they are offering you that price as I know what cost is to me...

More recently I had to buy another new vehicle (larger one) and given how Mercedes dealers in my area all were charging market adjustment over MSRP on in stock and orders I actually went with BMW. I was not prepared on the ELW quote process so I countered can I have 30 days to think about it and I started getting quotes. I did quote with who people recommended on the forums and found out by chance a local dealer beat those prices. Also on BMW quoting the maintenance plan costs/extensions, I found out dealers sell them at varied prices. So same dealer also beat all price quotes on that. I thought I had always heard the maintenance plan costs were always the same at each Mercedes dealer, anyone know if the prices on those vary?
Discount this, discount that at the dealer, when you are able to talk the dealer down a couple thousand dollars on a warranty, it feels so sleazy, just my opinion.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:06 PM

2011 ML350 Blueteck (Sold); 2014 E350 Wagon, Sport, Indigo Blue (Sold); 2021 GLC300, 2022 BMW X5
Discount this, discount that at the dealer, when you are able to talk the dealer down a couple thousand dollars on a warranty, it feels so sleazy, just my opinion.
You mean me coming in and saying you can match this offer that is thousands less on the extended warranty or I can go buy it elsewhere is sleazy? I am not sure if you meant that or that the dealers are sleazy. I do not think it is sleazy on my part to be informed and tell them what I'm willing to pay but yes I find dealers marking things up that much greedy I guess. Just like I find the Mercedes dealers charging $5k, $10k, $15k or more above MSRP sleazy and greedy. That is why I said I'm good as that is what my local dealers were doing.

If I were to pay thousands more for the extended warranty then I would consider myself a fool. I can always pass completely with the warranty but if I want it then I am going to price shop it around and offer the chance to match. I'm not offended if they will not budge.

Though BMW is not charging above MSRP right now in my region for the vehicles, some dealers were charging above MSRP for both the warranty as well as the maintenance plans. I'm not going to pay that.

You do not have to buy the ELW within 30 days of purchase in the US. You have up until the original warranty expires, it will cost you way more if you wait though to buy it.

The price quote I got for GLS ELW of 7yrs/100k was: $4250 back this summer when I was considering a GLS, and the GLE was less but I ended up in a BMW for my larger car for now.
The following users liked this post:
C43NME (11-13-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 07:23 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by dminahan
You mean me coming in and saying you can match this offer that is thousands less on the extended warranty or I can go buy it elsewhere is sleazy? I am not sure if you meant that or that the dealers are sleazy. I do not think it is sleazy on my part to be informed and tell them what I'm willing to pay but yes I find dealers marking things up that much greedy I guess. Just like I find the Mercedes dealers charging $5k, $10k, $15k or more above MSRP sleazy and greedy. That is why I said I'm good as that is what my local dealers were doing.

If I were to pay thousands more for the extended warranty then I would consider myself a fool. I can always pass completely with the warranty but if I want it then I am going to price shop it around and offer the chance to match. I'm not offended if they will not budge.

Though BMW is not charging above MSRP right now in my region for the vehicles, some dealers were charging above MSRP for both the warranty as well as the maintenance plans. I'm not going to pay that.

You do not have to buy the ELW within 30 days of purchase in the US. You have up until the original warranty expires, it will cost you way more if you wait though to buy it.

The price quote I got for GLS ELW of 7yrs/100k was: $4250 back this summer when I was considering a GLS, and the GLE was less but I ended up in a BMW for my larger car for now.
No no no, not you, I'm just saying the practices performed by the dealerships when it comes to their warranties. They give you a price, that can be "negotiated" down a couple thousand, meaning the original price was not the actual price, but trying to rinse customers for whatever they can. Plenty of forum members have shared stories of getting dealers to knock off thousands, but just goes to show how much they pad on top.
I'd be insulted if I was able to work a dealer down a couple thousand on a warranty, makes me feel like they thought I was some sucker they could juice in the first place.

$4,250 is not the worst thing in the world, I'd have you closer to $3,500 with better coverage through Freedom Warranty. I plead to all MB Forum members, Freedom Warranty or Fidelity Platinum only, and go to them direct. One forum member paid almost $8k for a Fidelity platinum at the dealership, that should have cost him under $5k.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLS450 2021, E350 2011
I just picked up my 2021 GLS450 and new to the forum. MB San Jose quoted 3-years 75K for $5,750 and 100K for $6,500. The finance manager said the pricing is the same for all dealers but I'm not sure if it's true.
Old 11-13-2021, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,105 Likes on 810 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1. First off - let's make sure we are all talking about New Car ELW (NCELW) - which can be purchased to go on top of the Original 4Yr/50K miles New Car Warranty (whichever comes 1st).

2. In "Years" NCELW can be +1Yr/Total 5Yrs - or +2Yrs/Total 6Yrs - or +3Yrs/Total 7Yrs

3. In "Miles" you have a choice between total 75K or 100K miles for the #added years you select.

4. For Mr T-CA - Mercedes "MSRP" for +3Yrs and total 75K miles = $4,250 - the 100K total mile option MSRP $5,000

5, If Financing thru MBFS - often a Intelligent Finance Person can layer into your Payments for No Added Interest
If Leasing thru MBFS your actual warranty cost is "resdiualized" - so you pay the Residual Amount of the Warranty (based on % residual value for your MB Lease)

6. If NCELW is bought AFTER 30 days from Original Purchase - then Mercedes MSRP goes UP 15% (and dealer cost goes up 8%)

7. If you "think" you might need it - get it - and if you cancel before going into that NCELW - yes, it is 100% refundable.
If you cancel AFTER going into NCELW - then you get a prorated refund (time or miles) LESS any paid claim amounts

Keep the beat !
You can consider it a good option to tuck a bit of cash away down the road.

TonyCA (11-13-2021)
Old 11-13-2021, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLS450 2021, E350 2011
Originally Posted by fabbrisd1
1. First off - let's make sure we are all talking about New Car ELW (NCELW) - which can be purchased to go on top of the Original 4Yr/50K miles New Car Warranty (whichever comes 1st).

2. In "Years" NCELW can be +1Yr/Total 5Yrs - or +2Yrs/Total 6Yrs - or +3Yrs/Total 7Yrs

3. In "Miles" you have a choice between total 75K or 100K miles for the #added years you select.

4. For Mr T-CA - Mercedes "MSRP" for +3Yrs and total 75K miles = $4,250 - the 100K total mile option MSRP $5,000

5, If Financing thru MBFS - often a Intelligent Finance Person can layer into your Payments for No Added Interest
If Leasing thru MBFS your actual warranty cost is "resdiualized" - so you pay the Residual Amount of the Warranty (based on % residual value for your MB Lease)

6. If NCELW is bought AFTER 30 days from Original Purchase - then Mercedes MSRP goes UP 15% (and dealer cost goes up 8%)

7. If you "think" you might need it - get it - and if you cancel before going into that NCELW - yes, it is 100% refundable.
If you cancel AFTER going into NCELW - then you get a prorated refund (time or miles) LESS any paid claim amounts

Keep the beat !
You can consider it a good option to tuck a bit of cash away down the road.
Thanks for the info. I will cancel my NCELW from my dealer. It was a $1,500 markup for my +3yr / 75K. Will shop around within the next couple of weeks. I'm so glad I found this site.
Old 11-13-2021, 06:38 PM

Yes your dealer was not cutting you a deal. I'd start by reaching out to the person referenced in the related thread listed below for me at least.

And the quote I gave above that I had gotten this summer was the ELW and for 7 yrs//100k. I had priced out the GLS and the GLE as I had planned to order and then the dealers in my area all started talking about market adjustment and even on orders so I then went to BMW instead. On my very first Mercedes the local dealer marks them up like $2k so I passed and regretted that once i finally read that the costs were different depending on the dealer.

Also when you go to cancel, it is up to the finance manager of the dealership you bought from to start the process and then they were the ones to cut my check. I had the ELW on my 2014 E350 wagon (7yr/125k miles back then) but I sold it before i got there and I got a prorated refund. It took like 2 months to get the whole thing worked out though I believe.

Good luck and shop around.

Again, is the maintenance plans the same cost at all dealers or can you shop that around? BMW you can shop it around but I actually always thought for Mercedes it was the same price everywhere.

F111Otter (10-27-2022)
Old 11-14-2021, 02:22 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by TonyCA
Thanks for the info. I will cancel my NCELW from my dealer. It was a $1,500 markup for my +3yr / 75K. Will shop around within the next couple of weeks. I'm so glad I found this site.
Exactly, the dealer is never on your side.
Old 01-08-2022, 09:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Porsche: 981.2s / 997.2s / 9Y0.1s Range Rover: RRS RRFF Mercedes: 2022 GLS450
Another vote for Jeff Jackson, MB of Louisville! Easiest transaction ever and he saved me a couple grand over my local dealer's quote for the same MB ELW coverage. I knew what my dealer was asking for was insane so I checked this forum and just shot Jeff an email. Working the ELW through him is a no-brainer!!