2 car seats in a 6 passenger GLS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2023, 10:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 GLS 450
2 car seats in a 6 passenger GLS?

Hey mates,

So we have a 2020 GLS, with the 2nd row captain chairs (6 seater). With baby #2 on the way, I'm trying to figure out the optimal way to place 2 car seats. With one child, we would put the car seat on one of the 2nd row captain chairs, which allowed my wife to sit next to her in the other captain chair in 2nd row. Placing the 2nd car seat in the 2nd row as well creates a dilemma if my wife wants to sit near the kids, in particular the newborn. Wife can't get in/out of 3rd row with car seats in place in 2nd row, plus, the 3rd row is quite cramped for her. We tried placing a car seat in the 3rd, that didn't work - it didn't fit. I'm thinking we made a mistake getting the 6 seater... Any ideas out there? Have any of you dealt with this? Only other solution is wife sits in front I guess. Thanks in advance for your ideas and experiences.
Old 06-24-2023, 10:13 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 GLS 450. Have a Holden Commodore, Jeep, truck, and more
My wife and I bought the 6 seater due to car seats. We can access the 3rd row with car seats installed in both of the second row captains chairs. To make the 3rd row more comfortable, adjust the second row captains chair forward a bit. It helps quite a bit. It's not like the littles need the legroom. We looked at the idea of a 7 seater and determined there wasn't room for someone to sit with 2 car seats in the second row. My wife is small and she can barely fit with 2 car seats in the back seat of my truck which is a good bit wider.

We tried to avoid the habit of sitting next to ours when they were very young because some friends told us stories of how it became expected and was a problem long term. We put mirrors on the headrests so we could see them when they were rear facing. We rarely had a problem where either child expected us to sit next to them.
Old 06-25-2023, 12:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 GLS 450
Good advice. I guess my wife can ride up front with me, might cramp my style a little. I got used to being the chauffeur/UBER driver and having the chaos all behind me.
The following users liked this post:
BenzNika (08-23-2023)