GLS Class (X167) Produced 2020 to present

Daytime light faulty/defective?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daytime light faulty/defective?

Just bought this CPO gls63 two weeks ago from Mercedes dealership, just realized today one of the daytime light (white led lamp) not working properly, but when turn on the emergency light (yellow led lamp) works fine . Have anyone experienced this issue? I tried to turn on/off the DRL setting in menu, and I tried switching the headlight dial on the left to the steering wheel on AUTO position, also turn off/on the engine , but nothing works… thank you for any help and though.

Last edited by parasnake; Yesterday at 11:53 PM.
Old Today, 08:01 PM

Received 93 Likes on 53 Posts
GLS450 (2024), C300 (2023), EQE350+ (2024)
I suggest going back to the headlight dial on the left side of the steering wheel column. It has a setting that deals with turning the lights on and off on one side only and apparently this is considered a safety feature in European cars. I don't recall the details but once I ran into similar issue in my old GLS and it was related to that dial.
Old Today, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take it to the dealer

[QUOTE=parasnake;9038311]Just bought this CPO gls63 two weeks ago from Mercedes dealership, just realized today one of the daytime light (white led lamp) not working properly, but when turn on the emergency light (yellow led lamp) works fine . Have anyone experienced this issue? I tried to turn on/off the DRL setting in menu, and I tried switching the headlight dial on the left to the steering wheel on AUTO position, also turn off/on the engine , but nothing works… thank you for any help and though.

I had the same issue with my CPO 2020 GLS450. The DRL for the "eyebrow" was dim on one side. Dealer replaced the entire headlamp unit on the passenger side as they couldn't get it to light up properly. It is now doing it on the driver side, so it is in for service as we speak. Hopefully, they will also replace this side as well.