MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Hawaii (https://mbworld.org/forums/hawaii-138/)
-   -   Tints (https://mbworld.org/forums/hawaii/432292-tints.html)

PHML 01-25-2012 01:37 AM

Tints

I heard Al's Tinting is good...anywhere else?

PHML 03-06-2012 07:21 AM

Tint Zone is another good shop...I've got an appt today. ;)

PHML 03-09-2012 03:45 AM

got it done at tint zone....took about 1 hour....very pleased with the quality and customer service.

Dabigkaluna 03-15-2012 03:46 AM

Good to know... I still need to tint my CLS... Good to see a familiar face here...:D

PHML 03-25-2012 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dabigkaluna (Post 5103036)
Good to know... I still need to tint my CLS... Good to see a familiar face here...:D

Owner is Patrick Kim at TintZone. Yes...good to see you here, bro...haven't seen you on CL for awhile. :D

Dabigkaluna 03-25-2012 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by PHML (Post 5117713)
Owner is Patrick Kim at TintZone. Yes...good to see you here, bro...haven't seen you on CL for awhile. :D

I'm going to have to check him out next weekend. Thanks for the referral.

And yes, you can blame my extended abscence on my new 400+hp monster.:y

PHML 03-25-2012 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dabigkaluna (Post 5117777)
I'm going to have to check him out next weekend. Thanks for the referral.

And yes, you can blame my extended abscence on my new 400+hp monster.:y

Congrats on the new ride. I got 2 MBs now...sold wifey's M class, and bought her the GLK. Still rolling on the 2GS...lol. How about you? How's the 2GS?

Dabigkaluna 03-26-2012 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by PHML (Post 5118078)
Congrats on the new ride. I got 2 MBs now...sold wifey's M class, and bought her the GLK. Still rolling on the 2GS...lol. How about you? How's the 2GS?

2GS still my everyday car right now. Still one of the best cars I've ever bought. Getting my Tacoma back upto speed to make that the everyday truck. But the GS will still be in the family. Giving it to my dad, finally convinced him to give up his Cougar.

BM2BZ 03-31-2012 05:52 AM

dabigkaluna, you might find some tint shops are slightly cheaper but tintzone did a wonderful job on phml's ride. i've seen it in person and love it! i rarely park outdoor and drive at nights all the time. still can't decide tint or not.

Dabigkaluna 03-31-2012 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by BM2BZ (Post 5127225)
dabigkaluna, you might find some tint shops are slightly cheaper but tintzone did a wonderful job on phml's ride. i've seen it in person and love it! i rarely park outdoor and drive at nights all the time. still can't decide tint or not.

Tintzone sounds good to me quality is an issue price really is not. As far as tinting, you could always go without ceramic tint and just go with a regular film, if it's just looks you want.

BM2BZ 03-31-2012 07:12 PM

you are right. quality is the main thing for something like tint. i've sat in cars w/decent tints but still bothered me. the main concern i have is cops. you can barely see them even w/o tints nowadays. those friggin' lights are just like regular roof racks on suv. hard to spot them especially i have fairly strong astigmatism. i like the look w/tint, though. that's why it's a tough decision for me. unless i drive like one granny :rolf:.

Dabigkaluna 04-02-2012 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by BM2BZ (Post 5127996)
you are right. quality is the main thing for something like tint. i've sat in cars w/decent tints but still bothered me. the main concern i have is cops. you can barely see them even w/o tints nowadays. those friggin' lights are just like regular roof racks on suv. hard to spot them especially i have fairly strong astigmatism. i like the look w/tint, though. that's why it's a tough decision for me. unless i drive like one granny :rolf:.

That's true. I think tint at 35% won't be too bad. That's what I'm going with.

BM2BZ 04-02-2012 04:57 AM

i think phml has 35%. maybe i'll hop in his car one night and drive around the block. help him to make an excuse to go out at night :rolf:.

bud.jones 12-07-2013 10:09 PM

Aloha everyone,

I will be picking up my ML350 in January and would like to know if the factory tint on the rear windows is 35%. I am planning on tinting the front windows to match the rear, assuming the far windows are already at 35%. Also, how much did Tint Zone charge?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses