Interior Parts The archived forum for Mercedes interior parts for sale by members.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Nardi for R107 - the whole package: wooden classic wheel, hub, MB horn button...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'74 450 SL
FS: Nardi for R107 - the whole package: wooden classic wheel, hub, MB horn button...

Vintage NARDI 365mm classic wooden wheel with Mercedes horn button and hub for 450SL

Offered today is the vintage Nardi steering wheel, horn button and Nardi hub adapter that were installed in my 1974 Mercedes-Benz 450SL.
The wheel is in very good condition, with only a few dings or blemishes. The black spokes are very good and all correct markings are present (Nardi signature, serial number, Made in Italy). Includes black central ring to cover the mounting screws. Most Nardis are polished (silver-tone), and this black one stands out as less common and sportier. It looks great against the black dash elements of the early R107 SLs.

The hub (model 2802) is also an authentic Nardi product, with original box and mounting instructions.

The horn button matches the wheel and works fine. It is presently installed for use in my 450SL, and replaced the larger diameter stock wheel (the original feels like a Bus steering wheel and is also much heavier). Note, there are a variety of hubs for Mercedes SLs of the 1960s-1980s. You can rest assured this one is correct for 350 and 450 SL (US models) of the early- to mid-1970s.

Please see the photos which are indicative of current condition. Some photos show this package installed on my car--it has been removed, as shown in the first several photos.
Am happy to try to answer questions, but I’m no expert.
$650 shipped in USA.
Cheers,
Brad