Kill Stories Discuss your exciting high speed excursions here!

02 Clk55 vs Bmw 135i

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
02 CLK 55 AMG,09 C63 loaded with P30
02 Clk55 vs Bmw 135i

Good day in Mexico for a run. Ok my friend has a 135i 6spd with JB3 map 7 and intake. He claims 355whp. So wanted to know how my stock 342hp Clk55 would do against it. From a 45roll to 1xx he gets me 2cars. Second run we do a 65roll to 130 we are even I guess they run out of steam topend.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
02 CLK55:
curb weight: 3485 lbs
whp: ~283whp (assuming 17.2% loss, though i hear that it is actually a greater drivetrain loss for mercedes than this from dyno techs)
lb/whp = 12.31

135i:
curb weight: 3373 lbs
whp: 355whp
lb/whp: 9.50

almost a 3lb different per wheel horsepower., which is quite a lot. just to give you an idea how big of a difference that is, an 07 SL65 has a lb/whp ratio of about 9.35 and an 07 CLS550 has a ratio of 12.62. (both calculated assuming 17.2% loss at the wheels). Thats a little more than 3 lb/whp diff (yours was 2.81 and this one is like 3.27) but you you get the idea.

First race understandable. Second one, not sure what happened. Maybe he misshifted.... its likely being its a new car and its a 6spd. while the car is only a tt 6 cylinder compared to your V8, that kind of difference in lb/whp wont make that huge of a difference up top so quickly and if this were the case, you would have seen it in the first race. either way, sounds like fun. i want one. if that car had dps and fmic, that would walk all over a LOT of cars. though, im gonna guess those 355 whp are dynojet numbers.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i 6AT
Originally Posted by Jons95c36amg
Good day in Mexico for a run. Ok my friend has a 135i 6spd with JB3 map 7 and intake. He claims 355whp. So wanted to know how my stock 342hp Clk55 would do against it. From a 45roll to 1xx he gets me 2cars. Second run we do a 65roll to 130 we are even I guess they run out of steam topend.
Told you I bogged that second run from a 3rd gear start. If I bog, i'm basically done, because at that point I lose another .2 - .3 seconds waiting for the turbos to spool back up. I have the video from the first run, friend will put up the second run later today, but after seeing that second video from the 3rd gear roll, I was actually PULLING on you to 130 even after the bog. Either way, it was fun, we'll do it again sometime.

Vid from the 2nd gear pull -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuhThJObgZ0
Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 AM

335i 6AT
Originally Posted by jturkel
02 CLK55:
whp: ~283whp (assuming 17.2% loss, though i hear that it is actually a greater drivetrain loss for mercedes than this from dyno techs)
lb/whp = 12.31

135i:

almost a 3lb different per wheel horsepower., which is quite a lot. just to give you an idea how big of a difference that is, an 07 SL65 has a lb/whp ratio of about 9.35 and an 07 CLS550 has a ratio of 12.62. (both calculated assuming 17.2% loss at the wheels). Thats a little more than 3 lb/whp diff (yours was 2.81 and this one is like 3.27) but you you get the idea.

First race understandable. Second one, not sure what happened. Maybe he misshifted.... its likely being its a new car and its a 6spd. while the car is only a tt 6 cylinder compared to your V8, that kind of difference in lb/whp wont make that huge of a difference up top so quickly and if this were the case, you would have seen it in the first race. either way, sounds like fun. i want one. if that car had dps and fmic, that would walk all over a LOT of cars. though, im gonna guess those 355 whp are dynojet numbers.
355whp is a guesstimate dynojet number, and with only 5k miles on the odo, wasn't even completely broken in yet. Although catless dps are next on my list, I treasure my BMW warranty a bit too much right now to mess with those, especially since they're not exactly simple to take out for service. The intake, I can pull out in 15 minutes, the JB3, I can pull that out in 20 minutes. I was actually considering dumping in 100 octane and bumping to a race gas map, but said if I lose to Jon with 93 octane, driver mod needed... save my 100 octane for the drag strip.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Originally Posted by themyst
Told you I bogged that second run from a 3rd gear start. If I bog, i'm basically done, because at that point I lose another .2 - .3 seconds waiting for the turbos to spool back up. I have the video from the first run, friend will put up the second run later today, but after seeing that second video from the 3rd gear roll, I was actually PULLING on you to 130 even after the bog. Either way, it was fun, we'll do it again sometime.

LOL Pwn'd. I guess I gotta keep a look out for a slow CLK55 on the Robert Moses causeway.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
355whp is a guesstimate dynojet number, and with only 5k miles on the odo, wasn't even completely broken in yet. Although catless dps are next on my list, I treasure my BMW warranty a bit too much right now to mess with those, especially since they're not exactly simple to take out for service. The intake, I can pull out in 15 minutes, the JB3, I can pull that out in 20 minutes. I was actually considering dumping in 100 octane and bumping to a race gas map, but said if I lose to Jon with 93 octane, driver mod needed... save my 100 octane for the drag strip.
nice. im a big fan of the N54 motors and what can be done with them. nice car! btw, but you thinking about UR or Riss catless dps?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First you said you misshifted. Now its a bog? I asked you if you wanted to run again but you refused. My 2nd gear is weak. I love my 3rd gear. Not bad for a car that dynos 300whp. Well if your car was stock you wouldve been left for dead
Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually that 3rd gear roll I got the 135i Now wheres that video Ben?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 CLK55:
lb/whp = 12.31

135i:

I have to admit that 2nd gear roll the 135i pulls hard after that I stop his pull going into 3rd gear 65mph. It seems as the speeds increase into the triple digits the 135i runs out of steam. As proven in the 3rd gear roll.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:56 PM

335i 6AT
First you said you misshifted. Now its a bog? I asked you if you wanted to run again but you refused. My 2nd gear is weak. I love my 3rd gear. Not bad for a car that dynos 300whp. Well if your car was stock you wouldve been left for dead
I never said I misshifted... the first reply to your thread stated that it was a possibility.

Besides, that run says enough. After watching that 3rd gear pull you'll see that you were 1/2 car length ahead even before I got started, and I caught up and started passing you at 130. Regardless, we all expected this to happen, and according to your assessment of the M3, I suppose this means I'm faster than an E92 M3?

Don't know why you play the what-if game. What-if I had downpipes and a methanol kit installed? What-if i decided that you were worth 2 gallons of 100 octane? What if blah blah and blah.

That 3rd gear pull is coming up tonight. You'll see the bog and the fact I was pulling at 130.

Last edited by themyst; 06-07-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:58 PM

335i 6AT
nice. im a big fan of the N54 motors and what can be done with them. nice car! btw, but you thinking about UR or Riss catless dps?
Riss Racing anything is junk. I haven't really looked into it, but steer clear of Riss Racing stuff... doesn't fit well, causes a lot of problems. I have heard more than once of RR DPs causing limp conditions even with the o2 sims. Hell, their intake actually LOSES power over stock. Have you seen the weld quality on their intake? It looks like a backyard job.

Last edited by themyst; 06-07-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I never said I misshifted... the first reply to your thread stated that it was a possibility.

Besides, that run says enough. After watching that 3rd gear pull you'll see that you were 1/2 car length ahead even before I got started, and I caught up and started passing you at 130. Regardless, we all expected this to happen, and according to your assessment of the M3, I suppose this means I'm faster than an E92 M3?

Don't know why you play the what-if game. What-if I had downpipes and a methanol kit installed? What-if i decided that you were worth 2 gallons of 100 octane? What if blah blah and blah.

That 3rd gear pull is coming up tonight. You'll see the bog and the fact I was pulling at 130.
What bog? We took off the same time. I was also in my dead spot. Stop giving excuses. Also that e92 m3 run he jumped after 65 which was in 3rd gear. Your car runs in the mid 12s for sure. Anyway Ben even you pulled in that 3rd gear I still was ahead not by much. Now wheres the video? I'm just stating what happened bro.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

02 C32 AMG
Riss Racing anything is junk. I haven't really looked into it, but steer clear of Riss Racing stuff... doesn't fit well, causes a lot of problems. I have heard more than once of RR DPs causing limp conditions even with the o2 sims. Hell, their intake actually LOSES power over stock. Have you seen the weld quality on their intake? It looks like a backyard job.
oh really? i havent been on e90post in a quite a while. i thought they had decent dps. but i guess not, i guess UR is the way to go then?

yah and with the intakes, i heard that the N54 motors don't really even see any benefits until you are at least putting down 360whp (i think it was a post made by a shiv two or so yrs ago). i have not seen the weld quality on their intakes.

i do like the JB setup.....best way to go IMO....great support from Terry, great product, and great price. I'm guessing he was able to make the JB piggybacks invisible so they can't be detected by BMW?
Old 06-08-2009, 11:09 PM

335i 6AT
oh really? i havent been on e90post in a quite a while. i thought they had decent dps. but i guess not, i guess UR is the way to go then?

yah and with the intakes, i heard that the N54 motors don't really even see any benefits until you are at least putting down 360whp (i think it was a post made by a shiv two or so yrs ago). i have not seen the weld quality on their intakes.

i do like the JB setup.....best way to go IMO....great support from Terry, great product, and great price. I'm guessing he was able to make the JB piggybacks invisible so they can't be detected by BMW?
If you stay within recommended guidelines, yes. If you push the envelope slightly like me, you run the possibility of throwing a tuner code. I've been running a custom variant of Map 7 pretty hard and I scan the car with a Bavarian Technic scanner and no codes, no knocking, no lag, tons of power. I drop down to Map 5 for daily driving, which drives powerful, but far more smooth than the hyper-aggressive lag-fixed Custom Map 7 I turn on for joyrides. If you blow your motor or turbos however, be sure you take the thing out before you beg BMW for mercy

The Dual Cone Intake sounds sweet, nothing more, nothing less. It SUPPOSEDLY adds 8-12 whp, but I'll be damned if I'd ever notice such a difference. Race gas is the ultimate equalizer, however. There is no bigger bang for the buck mod than loading up some 100+ octane fuel and bumping into the higher maps! I loaded up two gallons of 100 octane and wish I didn't run out and the stuff runs $10 a gallon, not exactly something many people can afford to run every day!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:15 PM

335i 6AT
What bog? We took off the same time. I was also in my dead spot. Stop giving excuses. Also that e92 m3 run he jumped after 65 which was in 3rd gear. Your car runs in the mid 12s for sure. Anyway Ben even you pulled in that 3rd gear I still was ahead not by much. Now wheres the video? I'm just stating what happened bro.
I asked him to upload it, but he hasn't responded to me. I don't know why you are so sensitive to the fact I uploaded one run and not the other, if you want to take it up with him, be my guest.

I mean this must strike a nerve with you, you text message me random **** (either paranoia or ego) in the last two days, and harass me on IM for the vid to be uploaded, when I didn't even record the runs. I suppose you conveniently forgot the part where you call me after I'm already heading home and I specifically tell you that I bogged 3rd gear. Whatever though man, you go ahead and dream up your imaginary E92 M3 kills, and walking chipped 335is. At the end of the day, you can't beat a 6spd 135i with a ****ty driver with just a chip and intake on pump gas. I'm free this Sunday morning, so if you want we can run again in Mexico. In retrospect, I know my car is slower than an E92 M3... so do the math.

Last edited by themyst; 06-08-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
I asked him to upload it, but he hasn't responded to me. I don't know why you are so sensitive to the fact I uploaded one run and not the other, if you want to take it up with him, be my guest.

I mean this must strike a nerve with you, you text message me random **** (either paranoia or ego) in the last two days, and harass me on IM for the vid to be uploaded, when I didn't even record the runs. I suppose you conveniently forgot the part where you call me after I'm already heading home and I specifically tell you that I bogged 3rd gear. Whatever though man, you go ahead and dream up your imaginary E92 M3 kills, and walking chipped 335is. At the end of the day, you can't beat a 6spd 135i with a ****ty driver with just a chip and intake on pump gas. I'm free this Sunday morning, so if you want we can run again in Mexico. In retrospect, I know my car is slower than an E92 M3... so do the math.

Just so you know, we are not sure either why he gets to upset. It seems there are numerous threads where we has raced or will not race people and it elevates to these childish nitpicks and namecalling.

You seem like a good guy with a nice 135i. Kudos for staying patient.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 AM

335i 6AT
Originally Posted by Timeless
Just so you know, we are not sure either why he gets to upset. It seems there are numerous threads where we has raced or will not race people and it elevates to these childish nitpicks and namecalling.

I love how he skews away from his original statement... he goes from "we were even in 3rd gear" to "I got that 135i!".

I suppose bogging a FI motor is SO out of the question for him. I really do wish my friend did put up that 3rd gear run though. Even after spotting him half a car length due to the bog, when we cut off, I was actually starting to pass him. Oh well, just more fodder for Jon to feast on.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
I love how he skews away from his original statement... he goes from "we were even in 3rd gear" to "I got that 135i!".

I suppose bogging a FI motor is SO out of the question for him. I really do wish my friend did put up that 3rd gear run though. Even after spotting him half a car length due to the bog, when we cut off, I was actually starting to pass him. Oh well, just more fodder for Jon to feast on.
Don't worry, we already know Jon is full of ***** on 99% his runs. Its nothing new.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you read the post about the e92 m3 run I was drafting and obviously he shifted early. I know they are faster then my Clk55 thats no brainer. Don't get me wrong your car is definitely faster then mine. But that 3rd gear roll I don't know what happened. For a car which puts out over 350whp I don't get it. So what if you bogged. Like I said before the run I was expecting for you to beat me.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Timeless

Upset? I'm ****ing enjoying what happened in that 3rd gear roll!
Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 PM

2006 C55
Have they ever revoked anyone's freedom of speech? Just wondering.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by madC55
Have they ever revoked anyone's freedom of speech? Just wondering.
Don't see where anyone has been banned.......yet.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You just can't admit about the fact that 2nd run was so close. Thats why I'm being annoying about the video. I don't give a **** about your bog thats racing.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML320, Looking for my S4
You just can't admit about the fact that 2nd run was so close. Thats why I'm being annoying about the video. I don't give a **** about your bog thats racing.
Thats racing LMFAO, as i quote " i don't race on the street" remember someone who said something like that?
Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 PM

ML63 AMG
I'm the guy who took the videos, I uploaded them onto my computer and then uploaded the one of 40-1xx because that was the clearest one. In the rest of the videos my hand was shaking (trying to drive at the same time) that the camera couldn't even see the road ahead (let alone you two racing).
I was there, and I watched as the 135i clearly beat you in the 2 runs you guys had (idk if you guys ran more? but from what I saw there were two). And FYI if you had a 135 or a N54-powered car you would know that when themyst says he "mis-shifted" he is referring to shifting at the wrong RPM which, in turn, consequentially results in the car falling flat on its face due to severe bogging (which is a characteristic of chipped/reflashed 135's, 335's, and 535's). And even after bogging immensly with the car falling flat on its face in the second run he still beat you - a token of the amount of power he is pushing.
I also have a heavily modded 335, so if you would like me to demonstrate this bogging characteristic (or even give you a beating worse than his 135i did) then I'd love to.
Take it for what it is - I was there and it is the truth.
Its pathetic that I have to come on this forum and speak the truth because a sore-loser has to fabricate the events and sugar-coat them to make his car look like it stood a change. Dont get me wrong, your car is fast, but no match for that 135i. End of story.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 02 Clk55 vs Bmw 135i